Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Explorer has caused an error.......and will now close!!!!!

Angry Explorer has caused an error.......and will now close!!!!!

As if I didn't have enough problems picking winners now I cannot even place that elusive winning bet (I only bet via the internet!) because with regular monotony at the vital moment I get the following message:

If you continue to experience problems try re-starting your
    computer."

Since I have no choice other than to re-start my computer anyway every time this happens (only for it too happen again a few minutes later this is hardly helpful advice!!!)

What is KERNEL32.DLL anyway???

Please can anybody help me with this extremely aggravating problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thunor

Thunor can you put what operating system you are using. I'll see what I can come up with.

Possible solution for Win 9*/Me

Thunor - Use File/Find from the Start Menu and search for *.pwl and right click and select delete on each one. When you have got rid of them all, Restart you PC. THIS MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY after getting rid of them.

Windows wil rewrite the files properly and your problem should disappear. Let me know how it goes.

You can also try this...

If it is a problem that has developed recently, you can try this:
    -----------------------------------

Reboot your computer as you normally would.

Hold down the CTRL / F8 key (CTRL if you have Windows 98) until a menu comes up.

Select Option 5 - "Command Prompt Only"

At the C:/ prompt type "scanreg /restore" (ensure you include the space after "scanreg").

In the next part select a registry setting from a few days back (go for the earliest one, e.g. March 9th).

Finish.
    -----------------------------------

This sets your system registry to a previous days' setting, and the problem should go away!

Hope this helps ;)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Failing that, reinstall Internet Explorer :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

TheOldhamWhisper and Stereojohnics , Thank you very much for your kind replies.

I have/use a Toshiba S1730 laptop (connected to the internet via satellite due to the absence of telephone lines in my present location!) which has Microsoft Windows Millenium Edition installed on it.

As I am sure you have already gathered I am not particularly computer-literate so please bear with me whilst I try to follow your advice.

I will of course let you know how I get on in due course.

Thanks and regards,

Thunor.

Ok Oldham Whisper I have now followed your advice so hopefully as you say the "problem should disappear".

So if I can now start placing bets again it is just back to the normal daily problem of picking those elusive winners!!!!

Thanks again for your help. (you too Stereojohnics )

Thread Information