Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: golden lay

NRs are factored in so this is still the Golden Lay

thanks Mathare will remember this.

What you want! What you need! What you Get!
    Save Johnnie Walker in Kilmarnock

:splapme again

thats a bad run guys

I think this thread should be destroyed it's brought nothing but bad luck!

I actually bet this one back on a whim, layed it at 2.54 and it went out over 3 so I decided to bet back seeing as it was the big favourite that was a non runner which was also one of Keith's A+ bets. Wouldn't normally do it and probably in the long run it wouldn't be profitable. Guess I just got lucky this time.

You have to buy back EVERY qualifier if you are doing that.

It's not a bad run, same stats as the first 6 months.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You have to buy back EVERY qualifier if you are doing that.

It's not a bad run, same stats as the first 6 months.
    Yes, don't really know why I did bet it back. Certainly no reason to question a system that's almost doubled the starting bank in just over a month :D Not to mention it's free!

It's this thread. It has thrown doubts on eveything. Soon, you'll start wearing make up because you don't know if you should go out without it

I should know... it's happened to me

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    It's this thread. It has thrown doubts on eveything. Soon, you'll start wearing make up because you don't know if you should go out without it

I should know... it's happened to me

It's a slippery slope, next thing you'll be supporting Leyton Orient and then you're beyond help :D

I'm still up on them this year, what's all the fuss about? :)

It's 100/1 shots winning races that kick me in the nuts :(

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

although 4 out of 5 in recent days seems harsh it's not so bad todays barely cost anything and the others came after a good run so all things being equal which they invariably are we can expect them to carry on as usual which suggests 85% sr and a more than reasonable margin :)

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

darcy666 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Another winner. Going through a little patch at the moment. Luckily I didn't fancy Man of vision at all so I had quite a big lay on him and offset the loss.

yep getting hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    yep getting hammered
    Including today's I am only down 1.6xBB on the Golden Lays. That's not a hammering in my book by any means

Has it been easier to absorb now that you are laying them to a fix liability?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    Has it been easier to absorb now that you are laying them to a fix liability?
    I haven't done any comparisons to FS since the start of the year but FL meant I built up a big buffer to absorb the losses when they came. Sure, it meant that short winners were costing me more but then short losers were making me more. I made 0.4xBB on yesterday's, for example. The 1.6xBB I am down now can be won back with probably only 5 or 6 more losers.

But the biggest thing for me, more than the staking, is the emotional detachment I have learned to apply. I don't care if the horse wins or loses. Well, I care a bit but I don't get excited by a winning bet or disheartened by a losing bet. It's just a result and a number in a line on a spreadsheet. After 6 months or a year I can then take a view on those numbers and see how things have worked out. But for me these days betting is almost robotic. I click the buttons to put the money at risk then I fill in the results in the spreadsheet and watch some numbers change. Repeat the following day.

Yes I understand and I think that's the only way to do it but, it must be a nightmare trying to get all of Keiths bets on whilst trying to use W.O.M. to try and get some value.
    I only do the golden lay and I've been following the Jumping For Profit system but not actually backing them (which maybe I should of really as my bank would of gone up by 23% in under a month ) but as you don't really know what Keith thinks the true prices of them should be it seems like unless you spent a large amount of time monitoring the exchanges you're not going to do anywhere near as good as you could do.
    I've always been against systems but the last few months that I've been on here I've started to change my mind and I'm definately going to have a go with a couple of small banks but, I think less is more as I would need plenty of time to watch the prices and I don't want to have to deal with 20+ bets a day.
    Slightly off topic but why not?:)

u think 20 is bad try 200

That just sounds crazy to me. How do you cope doing it?

For me I record all bets in the spreadsheet as step 1. I then go through the A+ bets comparing the prices in Oddschecker with those on Betfair, calculating where the best price is once commission has been accounted for. I place those bets at the best price there and then, leaving orders 1 tick up if WOM suggests they will be matched soon. Repeat for the flat systems. Repeat for the NH systems. Then on to lays, working down the list placing the bets and leaving orders at the best blue price where appropriate. Back down the list again to mark off matched bets and adjust orders as necessary. Once more down the list and it's job done. Averaging maybe 40-50 bets a day and I can handle that quite comfortably. If I wasn't working for a living I'd be looking to dutch and trade a lot more

it's a full time job :)

That's actually really interesting. I read the staking reviews you've done and you actually know pretty much exactly what's going on with all the systems and your individual banks. Wouldn't you rather cover less for bigger stakes or do you like spreading things around alot. I don't mean putting all your eggs in one basket but just not so many. Do you mean dutching and trading your own bets or keiths bets?

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    it's a full time job :)
    I bet it is.

how much i'l lay carpet on ha ha

That's actually really interesting. I read the staking reviews you've done and you actually know pretty much exactly what's going on with all the systems and your individual banks.
    I do know exactly where every bank stands at the end of every day, that's what good record keeping is about. I know how many bets I have placed in each system, how many of them won, my profit, SR and the SP of every bet too. That's what enables me to conduct these staking reviews.

Wouldn't you rather cover less for bigger stakes or do you like spreading things around alot. I don't mean putting all your eggs in one basket but just not so many.
    I like to have an interest in as many races as possible and to have a good mix of backing and laying. Having a lot of bets on means that when I get a chance to check the settlers page on Sporting Life throughout a working afternoon I have a few bets to consider. And it gives me a short break from work more often, which is never a bad thing.

Do you mean dutching and trading your own bets or keiths bets?
    If I was doing this full time I'd be looking to supplement Keith's selections with my own systems and massively improve my form and market reading so dutching and trading of my own selections.

Thanks for that. It's good to see how others are doing it.

Thanks for that. It's good to see how others are doing it.
    Well there are many wrong ways there is no single right way to do it though Mav. You need to find a way that works for you but still sticks to the best principles. What works for me may not work for you or anyone else.

GOLDEN LAY Looking for best Price

Today's Golden Lay Noojoom was lost at 2.9...I use Betfair and I didn't see the opportunity for a 2.9
    I just want to know where (book?) did you guys get 2.9 lay and around what time did you guys get the 2.9
    I'll appreciate the info because that was a really good price. The lowest point on betfair for todays golden lay was at 4.0, so you guys probably did not get it at betfair.

Thanks fo the info

Jimmy

deja vu!

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46551

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts

Thread Information