Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Where to start?

wdamci is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Where to start?

Alright, alright i know youve been asked many a time before (Ive probably asked before myself) but i dont see any posts recently.

As a noob whats best to do first. Become a member or buy keiths systems.
    I understand laying bets and how betfair etc work. I have nevery really looked into reading form but id love to start learning. Ill be starting off with 1 or 2 systems with a total of £200 starting bank.

Stick to WIN bets to start with.

£11.90 gets you membership for a month, access to system qualifiers, and systems + rules in the hidden forum, + 100's of useful snippets.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

My advice would be to start with buying one of Keiths sytems. Jumping for Profit is a good one but, as the summer approaches there will be less and less bets on it.

Also start studying the form. Nick Mordins "Betting For A Living" is a brilliant book, which will teach you all you need to know about form.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

wdamci is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Cheers guys.

Will look out that book at the library next time im in town.

ooh, We have 1 vote for the systems and 1 vote for membership, decisions decisions . Think ill probably go for the membership. Ill hang on until i have my bank ready anyway before i join.

Also do you guys take advantage of free bets. i.e stake £10 and get £10 free bet etc. This obviously wouldnt work with staking plans and your bank. I mean it would be ok if it was a fun bet that didnt come out of your bank wouldnt it? Just wondering like

Yep, it's vital that you keep "fun banks" and "system banks" completely separate. Always take advantage of free bets offered by the bookies and exchanges, and so long as you know where your money's at, there shouldn't be a problem.

You can't really go wrong in spending 12 quid on a month's membership to get a taste of what is available to members.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I have nevery really looked into reading form but id love to start learning.
    If that is the case, may I suggest you get yourself a copy of next weeks Racing Post Weekender. It costs £2.30 but you'll find all this weeks Cheltenham Festival form included. When it comes to Jump racing Cheltenham Festival form is the best (like Royal Ascot on the Flat), even lowly placed horses running this week (take Sublimity today, 4th last year) will be winning races all the way through to next years Festival. It should provide a sound basis for a beginner. Just make sure you get the weekly version of the daily Racing Post, ask your Newsagent if you're not sure but it should have Weekender splashed all over the front.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

PS, it comes out on Wednesday.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I have nevery really looked into reading form but id love to start learning.
    You can pick up plenty of cheap books about racing on e-bay and amazon. One of the best that I have read is called "The definitive guide to betting on horses" published by the Racing Post. It explains everything in an easy to read format, but is very informative for the novice/experienced punter alike.

Tada gan iarracht

Left at the Dog and Crown, 1st left, keep right, just after the War Memorial
    We all asked this question once upon a time, so no worries.

As Keith says stick to the wins bets and get to grips with one or two systems to start with. As you get the hang of getter dood odds on Betfair and you make a few quid, maybe take the profit and start a couple more systems with the cash.

The NH win bets are a good place to start and there are allegedly a few new ones on the horizon to whet the appetite.

I've been here a few years and know nothing about form, I'm a systems nman and I just follow the system. I make a decent profit so I don't worry about reading form; I just follow Keith systems and build a few of my own.

good luck :)

Thread Information