Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bible and Dinosaurs

The Bible and Dinosaurs

I found this quite amusing! :D

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2.asp

Definitely puts them "crazy evolutionsists" in their place

Fopr those that believe thisa, I apologise for mocking you! Please forgive me!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

lol that is quality.

why not just explain how the bible actually backs up evolutionary theory I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Fopr those that believe thisa, I apologise for mocking you! Please forgive me!
    I don't... if those folk weren't so downright dangerous with their views, that sort of article would be more hilarious than it its. Sadly that sort of creatioist viewpoint is becoming more an more prevalent in the US and it is starting to pick up here as well. Personally I'd shoot the idiots as we could do with a cull of the weaker minded specimens.. that would prove evolution beyond any doubt :wink

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Left at the Dog and Crown, 1st left, keep right, just after the War Memorial
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Personally I'd shoot the idiots as we could do with a cull of the weaker minded specimens..
    Stop being such a weak, do-gooder Liberal BigC ! :D

They could also be thrown to the lions... that would at least allow them some empathy with their predecessors...

that sort of creatioist viewpoint is becoming more an more prevalent in the US and it is starting to pick up here as well.
    You're having a giraffe surely?

The Vegster!

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    You're having a giraffe surely?
    Nope, deadly serious on that point mate, there are some of the more fundamentalist christians in the States trying to get their State laws changed to ban the teaching of evolution in state schools - I think Kansas was very close to going down that road recently, and some fee paying schools are already doing that, and there is a small but as usual vocal (and growing) minority in this country who are trying to get creationism taught as the real thing and evolution taught as just a theory (no doubt a crackpot one at that).

where are all the evolutionsists and "normal" people while this is going on?

The Vegster!

I'm convinced.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

I think George Dubya is a creationist. :splapme

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyminer View Post
    I think George Dubya is a creationist. :splapme
    I doubt he could even pronounce 'creationist' never mind understand the concept! :D

Oh dear, I shall add Darwin to my prayer list

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

scaaty is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I was brought up with this kind of rubbish - When I was a kid I was told by my Sunday School teachers that any evidence such as fossils etc which was proven to be older than creation had been 'planted' by god as a test of faith !

*** Please do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality ***

Creationists in the US have recently opened up a multi-Billion $ 'Lab', to prove scientifically that creation started 6000 years ago. A little strange as I vistited an ancient indian site yesterday that is 6000 years old, so they obviously started 'painting' the day after earth was created. :) Well done.....and then white man wiped them out .....isn't that evolution?

42% of US believe in creationism!!!! All Republicans to a boss who 'hears voices', and believes in it himself.....dangerous? We already know he is.

5 members of congress on TV the other night arguing, 2 Darwins, 2 Creationists, 1 50/50.....and these folk are running a nuclear country.....and they want us to worry about Iran!!

The Creationist Republicans will NOT win the next election here, the Darwinian Democrats will get in.....BET NOW :)

You only have to visit Nevada Sierra mountains to see creationism is a load of bull.....14,000ft mountains laid down in 6000 years!! ......and why did he hide dinosaur bones next to Soda Lakes, and 'fiddle' the carbon dating?

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

scaaty is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

This thread's reminded me - one weekend, not long after my younger daughter started school, I found her and one of her friends dropping pieces of bread down the drain outside the kitchen. I asked what they were doing and they told me they were 'feeding Mr Lord' ..... I was kind of puzzled, and asked them who Mr Lord was and why he was down the drain !
    They told me very solemnly that they didn't know who Mr Lord was, but they thought he must be a very good friend of Mrs Howson's ( their primary 1 teacher) because she was always talking about him, and they knew he was down the drain because Mrs Howson said he was everywhere - they were giving him bread because they thought he might be hungry and Mrs Howson said he lived on bread alone ( think they'd got that bit mixed up !) ..... finally the penny dropped, Mrs Howson had been talking about THE lord, not Mr Lord !!!

*** Please do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality ***

I doubt he could even pronounce 'creationist' never mind understand the concept! :D
    "The war on pterodactyls involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to pterodactylize himself."

"This is a world that is much more uncertain than the past. In the past we were certain, we were certain it was us versus the Dinosaurs in the past. We were certain, and therefore we had huge nuclear arsenals aimed at each other to keep the peace. That's what we were certain of. ... You see, even though it's an uncertain world, we're certain of some things. We're certain that even though the 'evil Dinosaur empire' may have passed, evil still remains. We're certain there are Dinosaurs that can't stand what America stands for."

"Everywhere that freedom stirs, let tyrannosaurus fear."

"The tyrannosaurus has fallen, and Iraq is free."

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a brontosaurus in the butt. It's going to be decisive."

All quotes only slightly amended :wink

i only got told this recently by my parent's - but at primary school i was banned from RE lessons (1 hour a week) because i totally ridiculed the head mistress and out did her in an argument about this (i was real keen on dinasaurs when i was a kid - before jurrassic park came out). So every friday i had to do quiet reading in the school library or other tasks like measure the raindrops in bottles of pop left outside, once i spent weeks learning egyptian hyroglifics.
    thinking back it does seem strange now but i never realised at the time why i was given these 'important jobs' that only i could do.

silax is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I don't... if those folk weren't so downright dangerous with their views, that sort of article would be more hilarious than it its. Sadly that sort of creatioist viewpoint is becoming more an more prevalent in the US and it is starting to pick up here as well. Personally I'd shoot the idiots as we could do with a cull of the weaker minded specimens.. that would prove evolution beyond any doubt :wink
    i'm not sure big c but i think someone once said that about christianiti:splapme

You're an atheist too then Campbell, bruv! :D

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You're an atheist too then Campbell, bruv! :D
    very much so John... I went to church till I was around 11 and to borrow a phrase 'saw the light' :)

I never will understand religion. What really baffles me is people who shape their life around religion. I have no problem with people having faith, having beliefs and following a religion, but to borrow another phrase "you only live once." I think people should live their lives how they want to live them, and if that means abiding by the rules set out by their religion - fine - their choice. I just think some are too engrossed in religion that they miss out on other opportunites in life. Some people e.g. children of religious parents aren't given the choice, and that annoys me.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Talking about Dinosaurs...Papa ,is in Brazil this week….

He has already spoken about excommication for child murderers (pro-abortionists)…He is currently in a football stadium, bumping his gums about evangelists, and urging Brazilian youth not to join evangelical cults……I don’t think he can spell ¨cults¨ , he seems to have substituted the ¨n¨ ….

Wot about the catholic cults, Papa? (I cant spell either)…

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years

And another thing, what kind of warped DNA would that produce! So we are all the descendants of incest then.

It always amazes me how these people can question a bone analysis but are quite happy to quote from a book without questioning it's content :splapme

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    And another thing, what kind of warped DNA would that produce! So we are all the descendants of incest then.
    Ummm, yes! Nothing to do with the Bible, of course...just simple maths. You have two parents, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents and so on. Go back just ten generations and you're the descendant of 1,024 people. Go back four more generations (say to the Elizabethan era) and you have 16,384 ancestors. When you reach twenty generations the number of ancestors is over a million. Another ten generations and your ancestors number more than a billion.

And that's not so long ago. Using the biblical definition of three score and ten years (which is pretty generous), thirty generations is only 2,100 years ago. Another 2,100 years back to the time when the Pharoah's were building pyramids and you're talking 64 generations - or more than one million trillion ancestors. Which unfortunately is thousands of times the number of people who have ever lived. So there must've been a lot of incest involved, at least early on. Statistically (and genetically) it's almost a certainty that you're related to 90% of the people you see around you every day.

That's why your genes are 99.9% the same as mine, as Presto's, Johns, Silax's, BigC's...even Vegy's.

The maths of relatives is correct, but as with horse racing in the real world, not correct as you'll find as early as your great granddad a lot of incest with cousins, etc.

If the garden of Eden is where they say it is, then first man was not white! So we evolved into white....but evolution does not exist so...erm...

My Daily Atheist Quote today reads.....

"History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it." - Robert A. Heinlein

:D

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
    :D
    I always said religion was for winkers....

God once said to me: "I do not exist, why are you talking to yourself?"

My Daily Atheist Quote today reads.....
    Why can't athiests simply accept the fact that they are in a minority and by definition cannot influence the way religious people embrace their faith?

My quote of the day reads:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
    the evidence of things not seen."

Thread Information