Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ada's Eurovision Game 2007 - In Running

Ada's Eurovision Game 2007 - In Running

OK, here we go.....

If you want to participate.........(go on, if it's anything like last year you'll enjoy it) & stand a chance of winning a £15 Amazon eVoucher.......

The Eurovision Final takes place on Saturday 12th May & is televised LIVE on BBC1 from 20:00.

The 24 countries, to choose from, that are competing in this year's Final, are:

<table><table border=1><tr><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Belarus</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Bulgaria</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>France</td></tr><tr><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Georgia</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Hungary</td><td align=center>Ireland</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Serbia</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Slovenia</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td></tr></table>

There are 24 countries (see the table above) competing for top spot, so.....

You will be required to PM/Email me (address below) the countries that, in your opinion, will finish in the Top 5 AND Bottom 3 in the correct order, in this year’s Eurovision contest.
    I will therefore require 8 'answers' from each of you…… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 22nd, 23rd, 24th plus an answer to the tie-break question :- In which position (1-24) will the UK song finish?

For Eurovision audio/video previews, to gain that must have 'advantage':
    click - BBC Eurovision 2007

Email address to send your entries to:

adabt1105-esafegame
    at
    yahoo
    dot
    co
    dot
    uk

Scoring
    The person finishing with the overall highest score will be declared the winner & will win the &#163;15 prize...however, if I score the highest, then I win and therefore won't have to shell out any prize money.

Each person will start with 100 points.
    Points will be added or deducted to this score using the following rules:

i) If you correctly predict the final placing of any of your nominated countries: 10 points will be added to your score.

ii) If any of your nominated countries finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones but are incorrectly placed within those zones….. 5 points MINUS the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be added to your score….
    For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 2nd place but they ACTUALLY finish in 4th place…. 5 points (for correctly predicting UK to finish in the Top 5) MINUS the difference between their actual placing (4) and predicted placing (2) …………… 5-(4-2) = 3 points will be added to your score.

iii) If any of your nominated countries fail to finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones, the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be DEDUCTED from your score…..
    For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 4th place but they ACTUALLY finish in 21st place…. 21 – 4 = 17 points will be deducted from your score.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: 18:00 SATURDAY 12th MAY.

<table border=1><tr><td align=center>.</td><td align=center>1st</td><td align=center>2nd</td><td align=center>3rd</td><td align=center>4th</td><td align=center>5th</td><td align=center>22nd</td><td align=center>23rd</td><td align=center>24th</td><td align=center>UK Posn.</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Ada</td><td align=center>Georgia</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Serbia</td><td align=center>7th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Bigcumba</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Belarus</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>United<br>Kingdom</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>22nd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Bigmazey</td> <td align=center>Serbia</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>6th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Buddhabee</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Hungary</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>10th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Iron Chris</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Serbia</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Belarus</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>16th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Markwales</td><td align=center>Serbia</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Bulgaria</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>13th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Mathare</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Belarus</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Slovenia</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>6th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Presto</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>10th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Scaaty</td><td align=center>Hungary</td><td align=center>Bulgaria</td><td align=center>Belarus</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>United<br>Kingdom</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>22nd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Sparkyminer</td><td align=center>United<br>Kingdom</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>7th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Vegyjones</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Slovenia</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>20th</td></tr> <tr><td align=center>wb</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>9th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Fadetoblack</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Serbia</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>18th</td></tr></table>

Good Luck

Ada.

Selection method. Eyes Closed dragging the mouse over a map of Europe on Google Maps.
    1st Italy.No entry so 2nd round draft pick goes to UK
    2nd Estonia No entry so 2nd round draft pick goes to Ireland
    3rd Spain
    4th Germany
    5th Turkey
    22nd France
    23rd Greece
    24th Russia

I think the UK will come 7th.:)

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Sparky. You now have the UK in first and 17th!

My entry has been submitted by PM ... as requested :)

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post

I've changed it to 7th.:wink
    Playing the percentages.:)
    I'll copy and paste it into a PM then.

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post

PM?

Email address to send your entries to:

adabt1105-esafegame
    at
    yahoo
    dot
    co
    dot
    uk

Well that's 3 entries he's got now and they're all from me.:)

UK 60.0 on betfair. Is this stealing money or just pure jingoism.

Scooch with Flying The Flag (For You). What a load of crap this song isalong with the other 23 no doubt

What you want! What you need! What you Get!
    Save Johnnie Walker in Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyminer View Post
    Selection method. Eyes Closed dragging the mouse over a map of Europe on Google Maps.
    And this is after telling Ada that we take Eurovision seriously in our house.

Come on guys & gals...

Only 5 playing so far.

If you've got nothing better to do on Saturday night, then PM or Email me your Eurovision predictions for the TOP 5 & BOTTOM 3 & answer the tie-break question (see first post for details) for a chance to win a £15 Amazon eVoucher.

Hopefully players and spectators will gather in the Chat Room throughout the evening, exchanging views, opinions......on well just about anything really.

So the more the merrier......have a go.....there's nothing to lose (except your street cred if you win).

Ada.

The defending champion is in...:D

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

Entry Sent

Come on people, plenty more should give this one a go!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

scaaty is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

What happened to Israel ???? I liked that one !

My entry's in too - good luck everyone :)

*** Please do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality ***

Still plenty of time for more to join in.....

9 registered so far.....let's make double figures at least.....we managed 13 players last year........can we get closer to or even beat that!!!?

See first post for details of how to take part

It could (though not guaranteed) be a 'fun' evening if you join the Chat Room to post your views & comments about just about anything you choose.
    It's not that often you'll get some of the 'regular' Win2Win members online 'live' at the same time to chat with (not sure that's a 'positive' reason to join in ) but hey ....take a chance.......give it a go....why not?

Ada.

Still only 9 registered......

If there are any more people interested.....please see first post for details....BUT PLEASE NOTE.....DO NOT use the Email address - my Yahoo mail access is down.
    If you have the PM facility please use this to submit your choices.
    If you don't, then please post your selections on this thread.

DEADLINE 18:00.

Ada.:)

just sent mine ada,

and so i remember my picks:

top 5

1- ukraine
    2- sweden
    3- latvia
    4- greece
    5- finland

bottom 3

22- france
    23- turkey
    24- lithuania

Just sent mine too.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain. Time to die.

OK everybody,

I have added a table to the first post showing all those taking part & their respective selections.

From 20:00 onwards, go to the Chat Room (see top of forum pages for link to "Chat") where hopefully at least some of the players may have gathered for a "fun" evening of 'witty' banter.

Ada. :)

Just over half an hour to go........see above post.

Good Luck to you all

Ada.

1. Germany
    2. Ukraine
    3. Latvia
    4. Ireland
    5. Serbia

22. Spain
    23. Lithuania
    24. Bosnia

UK - 18th

Better late than never I suppose Fade!!! :D

I've added your selections to the table on the first post of this thread.

Anybody else want to submit a late entry even LATER than Fade? :splapme

(See first post for table updates)

Ada.

Anybody going to join the chat room?

Ada.

Christ. That Irish entry is awful.

Fade,
    Click on the "Chat" link at the top of the page & join Scaaty & myself in the chat room.

Ada.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fadetoblack View Post
    Christ. That Irish entry is awful.
    Ah, it's a bit 'Oirish' which may actually get some votes. Better than them 2 twins a few years back

Tada gan iarracht

scaaty is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Think I should have checked the betting before I made my picks - can't believe Ukraine is favourite !

*** Please do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality ***

Is your memory better here wb?

I quite like this Hungary one.

Sorry Ada, I've a crappy PC. yeah it's better here.

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by scaaty View Post
    Think I should have checked the betting before I made my picks - can't believe Ukraine is favourite !
    Still 4.7 Favs In running

Tada gan iarracht

Thread Information