Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Seekers Dream

lads.i know this is off subject but im a bit of a billy no mates you see,

I've a gorgeous slim mrs,but she is driving me up the wall.
    We have an amazing 2 and a half year old boy. I just want clarification on whether i am mad?
    She stll breastfeeds our son(2 and a half)???
    The child still can't sleep all night long unaided without the boobs.
    Can't sleep in my own bed,3 of us in there is too much!
    nothing i do or say seems 2 make her happy,infact i spend most nights now in serious depression.Every row is my fault etc etc
    Question: am i delaying the inevitable?
    Only racing,football and a bit of ganja is keeping me going.
    I need a guy to tell me if i'm a in dope 4 putting up with it!
    And would they put up with it?

I'm getting keiths systems when i have cash,this place is the only horse racing site you can rely on.I'm 4k in the red,lifes in pieces,too flippin scared 2 tell the girlfriend it's over.
    Sorry lads,i wont post 4 a while,i'll be too embarassed!

No tommy, running away is the cowards way out. Stick with it. The kid needs a stable family background. You need to give the young 'un some tough love i.e. Bath at 7, feed, bed, (in his own room, in a cot.) Breast feeding is fine at 2 1/2. If he cries ignore him. Check him periodically to ensure he's clean etc etc. If he wakes in the night, go to him, check he's ok reassure him and let him have a bottle of expressed milk, but you mustn't take him out of his room.
    It's actually tougher on the parents to start with but it's worth a couple of sleepless nights because you absolutely have to get them into a night time routine.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

She stll breastfeeds our son(2 and a half)???
    The child still can't sleep all night long unaided without the boobs.
    i have the same problem sleeping, problem is the doctor wouldn't perscribe me some boobs nor a gorgous mrs

havn't had kid's myself, but arn't they meant to be that much troubble anyway
    not sure if it's a good idea to start betting too much now though - a bad day on the horses sound's like it could tip you over the edge especially with dept which greatly magnifies any losses and makes them worse.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I'm with Sparky here Tommy,

I also have a kid the same age. I know it's not the same problem, but up until recently she would only sleep in our bed, and threw a looper when we bought her a bed of her own. It took 3 weeks of pain, ignoring crying and lack of sleep before she finally got the idea that she must sleep in her own bed.

It is very hard to do, but it's well worth it. Your child has to get some independence, and your missus should start expressing milk.. then move on to regular milk. It's an old adage, but you have to be cruel to be kind.
    Regarding leaving... Don't do it. Your child is the most important person in this issue. He needs his dad, and don't let the wife ruin that. Sometimes you will have to bite the tongue, but stick around. This sh*t wont last for more than a year or two, and once the kid is in school, you can start working on any problems you may have with the missus. Until then though, stay calm and firm.

Tada gan iarracht

I'm doing a special deal on Filipino's

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

i agree about the tough love tommy, but also try to find a bit of quality time for you & the mrs with out the child. see if you can rediscover your love for her but i will say this even though it may seem harsh if you and the mrs have nothing left for each other at all dont stay together just for the sake of the child because that never works and the rows will get worse until theres hatred and who nows where that could lead and you would not want to let your bab see you & mrs at each others throats . but if remember leaving must be the total, total last resort

never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity

I think, reading between the lines though Paul, that the problems are being caused by them not having time on their own, and lack of sleep. A few good nights sleep without considering junior in the same bed will work wonders. Lack of sleep always makes folk fractious.

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I'm doing a special deal on Filipino's
    Problem solved then!

i agree sparky thats why i suggested trying to find some quality time for him and her without the child.but i do hope they can work things out & we all get an invite to there 25th weddin anniversary

never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity

The World Health Organisation recommends breastfeeding children up to the age of two years.If your kids only means of relaxation is to breastfeed, it may be useful to help them learn other ways to soothe themselves.

Is your partner and kid ready to cease breast feeding.Your kid may resist all attempts to do so.

There are many strategies for weaning a baby onto a bottle or a cup. If your child can talk and understand well, talk with them about your breastfeeding. Explain that you are going to stop and introduce other ways that you can enjoy being close together.

Is your kid benefiting from the breast milk now. A bottle has larger quantities of milk and my mean he will feel more satisfied and sleep the whole night you need to discuss this with your partner or is this a taboo subject. i have 3 boys which include twins (who are all teenagers now).
    I remember all the times of sleeplessness.
    Could you not ask to feed him with a bottle as you feel you have missed so much by your partner breastfeeding and take responsibility to change the situation. i have to say sparky is talking a lot of senses.

What you want! What you need! What you Get!
    Save Johnnie Walker in Kilmarnock

Problem with breast feeding past two is he's likely to remember it when he's older.....Would you lot like to be able to remember sucking your mothers nipples

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Lads,i'm truly moved at your responses!
    It was bothering me because anytime i talk to her about taking him off it,she goes nuts.
    I'm a decent guy,just sick of bickering and how it makes me feel afterwards.
    Anyway,thanks a million,think it's about time i searched for some good fortune.

Thread Information