Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Monuments to Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyforfun View Post
    12- There may have been 5.5 Scottish PM's, but that was before Scotland had it's own Parliament.
    Again in the grand scheme of things OFF nobody cares. The tory boys got themselves all excited about the West Lothian question and thought they could just hammer Gordon on this without going to the bother of thinking up some decent policies or more importantly a clear sense of purpose themselves. It might have worked, but be honsest, have you ever seen such an inept attempt at attacking some one on their perceived weak flank. It hardly registered, the bluey/greeny/turquoise lot have been wetting themselves with excitement about how Brown would cope with this issue and what a damp, feeble squib of an attempt to get in early and hurt him it has turned out to be!

He, of course, saw it coming and totally and utterly nuetralised it straight away by making himself look more British against a Tory leadership who incredibly were making noises about dismantling the union because it suited them electoraly as they have given up on Scotland years ago.

I dont blame you for been irritated because I know you are no Brown fan and you must be disheartened at the thought of how badly the party you should naturally be at home with are performing. I cant resist but to respond becuase in everyday life It is becoming increasinlgy hard to find anyone who believes Cameron is going to beat Brown and so its nice to find someone to argue with.

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts

14- The Sun's "GREAT WHITE SHARK FOOTAGE".

A rounded dorsal fin = basking shark. 2 minutes on google images or a quick call to a shark expert would have been all it takes to find out for sure instead of splashing this nonsense about Jaws 2 all over the front page.

Shame on you!

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

now that one I can agree with you!

Every summer we have the sharks on the coast story or the giant jellyfish story.

Has been so as long as I can remember!

Plenty of sharks in the loan business the media should pay more attention too.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

14- The Sun
    I would have stopped typing there.... :wink

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Anyone else notice how Gordon Brown leaves teh country and the sun comes out for the 1st time since he became PM. Then he arrives in Washington and it starts pissing down over there? He is the antichrist!

15- http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50704.

Please just off...

You'll get no argument from me on that one.:D

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

That reminds me.... when's the next series of Grumpy Old Men start? :wink

We'd all be much better with Calamity Cameron in charge

Richard Hills

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    We'd all be much better with Calamity Cameron in charge
    ...and Boris Johnson as Mayor of London

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    ...and Boris Johnson as Mayor of London
    i'd vote for boris to be mayor of london, mind you i live in scarborough :D boris, boris, boris

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

At least you know where London is... Boris probably thinks Scarborough was a character in the last Harry Potter movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Richard Hills
    Managed to show his perfection at getting the timing wrong again today

Why dont the Tories ever put up a serious candidate to oppose Ken? Anyone would you think they are scared of him and have resigned themselves already to another defeat at his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tophatter View Post
    Why dont the Tories ever put up a serious candidate to oppose Ken? Anyone would you think they are scared of him and have resigned themselves already to another defeat at his hands.
    Probably because they have a lack of serious candidates for any top job.... so they stick in a jumped up buffoon with about as much in common with your average Londoner as I have with the Sultan of Brunei...

If you can afford to live in London, you can afford not to worry about Ken.

He only really has power over transport and as he's priced the poor off the roads it makes driving that little bit more pleasant for everyone else. Any other decrees issued from HQ are generally ignored by Tory councils anyway.

OFF will be voting for Boris as London mayor?
    I'd love him to get the job, just for the entertainment value.:)

16- It's not often anyone says it - but "I feel sorry for British Airways".

Let's take a look at the phenomenon of their £275 million pound fine for "colluding in price fixing". Where are the other fines? Well Virgins playground grass chief Branson gets away with it by telling sir all about it as soon as they realised they migt get caught, but what about the rest? No other country in the world would fine their national carrier for such practises, next this government (and our supposed American allies) will be trying to stop BAE from buying minor Saudi royalty charlie and hookers.

But I digress, if there was a cartel, by definition there should be more fines, and as for the yanks, they are just pissed off that the UK has the only profitable flag carrying airline left in the World.

And what is the big love in with Sir Dick anyway. His trains are slower than the M6 and more expensive than the Space Shuttle, his broadband / mobile empire crumbles further by the day after the Murdochs gave him a kicking (wonder what he'll grass them up for), sure Virgin Upper Class is better than BA Business, but try getting a connecting flight through the former.

Other airlines were involved, I think Lufthansa and Korean Airways. I don't think Lufthansa were fined though.

Korean Airlines was the other.....fined.....sure is rough justice for BA...Branson will have his comeuppence soon enough....there are plenty of skeletons in his cupboard.......needs someone brave enough to spill the beans...wish I knew more...coz I would spill them...no worries

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Racehorse

Mark Twain.

Plenty more airlines are under investigation for fuel charges on cargo in the US, and the two blokes who left BA are still under criminal investigation in the US.

17. Sir Ian Blair - For waiting 2 years for a report to tell him his second in command is a muppet, something we all knew 2 years ago, and still hasn't been sacked. They both should go for incompetence.

Ian Blair was near the top of my list today, but 1st prize goes to:

18- The Russians. Planting a wee flag on the sea bed does not give you any territorial rights in international law, territorial waters extend 200 miles from the coast no more. To say there is a n underground feature extending into the sea is neither here nor there.

There are 2 inherent ironies in the situation.
    1- It would be and incredibly difficult place to drill for, never mind extract oil and gas reserves from. A 2 mile deep sea, covered for most of the year in ice? And when you remember that the Russians have been busy stealing from UK and US oil majors who are the only ones who could hope to have the resources and expertise to do this, I don't think they've got a chance.
    2- If the Russians had a viable Navy they could perhaps enforce their claims, but instead of putting their vast inflows of petro-dollars to rebuilding a national navy, it has all gone to the oil oligarchs who have instead spent billions on a personal fleet of gin palaces.

The sooner we build more nuclear plants to stop our reliance on Russian gas the better. Never trust the Russians, this is a country who killed more of it's own citizens during the revolution than died in combat worldwide in WW2. If you are in any doubt ask any Pole, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian etc.

better get on the phone to dodgy Dave then OFF before Zac fills his head with more nonsense. I reluctanly agree with nuclear power as im a realist but that clown either cynically thinks he can use greeness (not political greeness, but enviromental greeness :)) as his USP or he really is an eco warrior, and I dont want an eco warrior running our country!

Fuel is becoming more scarce and we cant allow ourselves to be hostages to fortune. Do all the green stuff by all means but first and foremost look after our economy and fuel to power it is essential.

The sooner we build more nuclear plants to stop our reliance on Russian gas the better.
    Let's dig more coal and the money we save in building and subsequently de-commissioning, can be spent on clean coal and carbon dioxide capture.

All this offsetting crap by planting a tree......IT TAKES ABOUT 25 YEARS FOR THE TREE TO GROW BEFORE IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE YOU DIM WITS!!!!

ah offsetting what a fantastic idea I dont think!

When Cameron flew to Swindon or Oxford or wherever it was from London and got caught out he got some spokesman to say he had offset it so it was ok.

What that means in reality is he probably gave some dogy new eco business set up on the internet and operated from someones spare room, a couple of quid to get him out of a political charge of hypocrisy. He knows it is utterly pointless but it allows him to clear his conciense and that is all that matters, not the planet! I personally could not give two hoots if he flys to the newsagent in a space shuttle but he has nailed his mask to this bag of nails so he will have to deal with the conflict it will cause him when he operates in the real world.

If I were he I would quietlly try to move away from all this guff he is coming out with because it will not win him an election as if i cared passionaltley about green issues i would certainly not vote for a tory, I would vote for the green party! Win the election Dave and then you can have the opportunity to go to summits with other world leaders and if you truly belive all the green stuff you can fight to make real change there. That means showing the country you can run the economy and the state (and at least you have admitted you do believe in that now) First thing to prove that would be to dump Gideon Osbourne as Shadow Chancellor. I know he is an ex Eton schoolmate, ran your leadership campaign and helped you throw food at other idiots at some silly boys club you used to attend but I would not put him in charge of my piggy bank let alone the countries finances. Put someone in with a bit of authority and gravitas and show the party you are serious about the thing they really care about - MONEY!

My message to Cameron would be this. Pretending you are powering the whole of oxfordshire by recycling your human waste or nailing a windfarm on top of your bicycle just makes you look like an idiot. Get your tie on, start looking like a prime minister rather than looking like the Eton branch of friends of the earth and lead your party. If you get hammered in the next election you can forget about all your green stuff because your political career will be over before you are 40 and all the good work you have done in bringing your party to just been 20 years out of touch, rather than the usual 50, will be wasted.

Well Brown start dealing with another majpr crisis well......haven't even seen Cameron on TV yet

He is out in his garden, milking the goat.

The thing with Brown is you can bet he was probably hoping for a call back to work when he was on Holiday in Dorset. Cant imagine him in his trunks in the paddling pool!

Thread Information