Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Claimers can be useful

Claimers can be useful

I've been using a system which utilises form study so its more of a method than just a system. I've been trialling this for a month and its going fairly well. However, at the moment I only back these horses to place as backing to win is only just 2pts in profit thanks to a recent 16/1 winner and an 8/1 winner on the same day. Prior to that it was -22pts. I guess it's a little too soon to think about backing them to win. Strike rate for placing though is pretty good so far.

My rules for the place bet though are that I would insist on getting at least 2.01 on the exchange. Not really sure yet if backing at shorter prices would be profitable in the long run.

I've got four qualifiers today and at the moment I think only two of them meet my price requirement. Hope I'm not complicating this too much. For the record I'll post up the SP's only and you can decided whether or not these are worth backing for place only on the exchange. I find the discrepancies can be quite varied when backing for a place. One 2/1 shot can be backed at 1.96 while another is around 1.63.

2.55 Ling - Fulvio/unplcd
    3.30 Ling - Mambazo/1st @10/3
    4.35 Ripon - Dee Cee Elle/unplcd
    5.10 Ripon - Tidy/unplcd

Terry

Only Mambazo placed and odds must have been far too short.

Typical that on the first day you post it's a wipeout.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeit View Post
    Only Mambazo placed and odds must have been far too short.

Typical that on the first day you post it's a wipeout.
    Another four today

4.00 Redcar - Kenmore/uunplcd
    7.05 Newm - Zamboozle/unplcd
    7.50 Mssb - Attaca/3rd@10/1
    9.20 Mssb - Sandwith/unplcd

Here's hoping for a better day

Terry

We look forward to long term results. :)

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

Only one placed yesterday at 10/1.

A busy day with it being a Saturday, am constantly analysing results to see if certain angles are more profitable than others.

Todays are

2.25 Ayr - Kames Park
    3.00 Redcar - Squirtle
    4.00 Ayr - Dorn Dancer
    5.10 Ayr - Curtail
    7.30 Ling - Lincolneurocruiser

Terry

Thread Information