Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copa America

Quote Originally Posted by yerotsluap View Post
    30/06/07
    7.50 Bolivia v Uruguay 1.40 Draw 4.33 Won 1-0
    2.40 Venezuela v Peru 2.87 Draw 3.20 Lost 2-0
    01/07/07
    1.36 Brazil v Chile 8.50 Draw 4.50 Won 3-0
    1.90 Mexico v Ecuador 4.00 Draw 3.30 Won 2-1
    02/07/07
    4.50 USA v Paraguay 1.75 Draw 3.50 Lost 3-1
    1.28 Argentina v Colombia 10.00 Draw 5.00 Won 4-2
    4/6
    6/12 Overall
    50%
    -2.38pts

03/07/07
    1.80 Peru v Bolivia 4.33 Draw 3.40 Drew 2-2
    3.00 Venezuela v Uruguay 2.50 Draw 2.87 Drew 0-0

04/07/07
    2.50 Mexico v Chile 2.80 Draw 3.10 Drew 0-0
    1.28 Brazil v Ecaudor 10.00 Draw 5.00 Won 1-0

You Copa experts :D...do Mexico and Chile just need a draw to go through tonight? Just seen price on Betfair is 2.76 thats all

Affirmative

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

However, a draw wont do Mexico any favours....it would be better for them to lose...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    However, a draw wont do Mexico any favours....it would be better for them to lose...
    Thanks Merlin. Why would it be better if Mexico lose...is this because they could play Argentina if they top their group?

Yes...

Mark Twain.

Yes...

Also, a 0-0 isnt really that good for Chile...because if USA or Colobia win by a high nil score, they wont make it...
    Ok ta. But if Chile draw wont they have 4 points meaning they qualify? USA and Columbia have nil points so far dont they???

Forget that...it was only there for 1 minute...and then deleted

Mark Twain.

If Mexico win, they will play the second placed team in Group C which will either be Paraguay or Argentina.

If Chile and Brazil win, then Mexico could still finish third even though they have won two games.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Forget that...it was only there for 1 minute...and then deleted
    & Ive just laid the draw for big bucks!!!!!!! :wink

Good bet, actually, at the price...although I am not betting in the game...

Mark Twain.

03/07/07
    1.80 Peru v Bolivia 4.33 Draw 3.40 Drew 2-2
    3.00 Venezuela v Uruguay 2.50 Draw 2.87 Drew 0-0
    04/07/07
    2.50 Mexico v Chile 2.80 Draw 3.10 Drew 0-0
    1.28 Brazil v Ecaudor 10.00 Draw 5.00 Won 1-0
    1/4
    7/16 Overall
    43.75%
    -5.20pts

You'd think that if these south american sides were going to concoct a draw,
    that they'd make it a bit less obvious than a 0-0 ... wouldn't you?

I'm writing to the Mexican FA and asking for my £15 back

:D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

There were a few chances Vegy but it was a sort of we're playing for a point but if we do get one then so be it!

05/07/07
    2.10 Colombia v USA 3.40 Draw 3.25 Colombia win 1-0
    1.53 Argentina v Paraguay 6.00 Draw 3.80 Won 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    There were a few chances Vegy but it was a sort of we're playing for a point but if we do get one then so be it!
    Didnt see the match Matt but from what Jonah said...it wasnt and end to end game! Brazil saved my bacon...well a little bit!

No, but there were a couple of decent chances. Very nearly some severely burnt fingers on betfair though, as Mexico had a glancing header that went inches wides about two or three mins from the end!

as Mexico had a glancing header that went inches wides about two or three mins from the end!
    Cough...missed on purpose!! :wink

I no neither team has anything to play for, but 3.8 for the draw in the argentina game, does anyone think thats a bit low, or am i missing something? especially last night to back the draw was about 5.2 in the brazil game.

Will proberly lay the draw in the argentina game, no idea in the USA game will have a fun bet on something but dont have a clue what yet, any ideas?

Matt

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Im not sure about this one Matt....would be a bit too high for me to lay given that neither need to win it? I just dont know who it suits to finish top...I take it Argentina will go for it given their price and that the losers play Mexico I see so maybe Argies will want to avoid them?

I was looking at either laying the draw or betting on Argentina but I want to wait for some team news. You would think although Argentina won't be afraid who they meet they would rather win the group and avoid Mexico in the QF's although they'll have to beat them in the semi's most likely.

I looked back at the last world cup qualifying and that's put me off a bit. Argentina drew 0-0 at home to Paraguay and lost 1-0 away, although it was three games from the end and they had already qualified for the World Cup, but the 0-0 home draw was fairly early on so wasn't taken lightly.

I would think Argentina will win but with Crespo presumably out I want to make sure Riquelme or Messi are playing first. Most of Argentina's goals come through those two so if they are rested and with no Crespo and essentially nothing to play for I will stay away from it I think.

USA seem to have some promising young players from what I saw the other night v Paraguay and with better finishing they may even have won the game. They do look suspect at the back though. I think I'm going to go with something goals related as I can't see it being 0-0 with both teams presumably wanting to get a win from the tournament and nothing to lose. Might go with something on 1+ goals to give me a free bet on perhaps 4 goals.

I was looking at either laying the draw or betting on Argentina but I want to wait for some team news. You would think although Argentina won't be afraid who they meet they would rather win the group and avoid Mexico in the QF's although they'll have to beat them in the semi's most likely.

I looked back at the last world cup qualifying and that's put me off a bit. Argentina drew 0-0 at home to Paraguay and lost 1-0 away, although it was three games from the end and they had already qualified for the World Cup, but the 0-0 home draw was fairly early on so wasn't taken lightly.

I would think Argentina will win but with Crespo presumably out I want to make sure Riquelme or Messi are playing first. Most of Argentina's goals come through those two so if they are rested and with no Crespo and essentially nothing to play for I will stay away from it I think.

USA seem to have some promising young players from what I saw the other night v Paraguay and with better finishing they may even have won the game. They do look suspect at the back though. I think I'm going to go with something goals related as I can't see it being 0-0 with both teams presumably wanting to get a win from the tournament and nothing to lose. Might go with something on 1+ goals to give me a free bet on perhaps 4 goals.
    Yeah agree Matt....team news first! :DIf you get it from Sky...would you post up here please if you can at all? Doesnt go on Sky centre website till just before kick off or didnt last night.

Have the USA got their first team squad out there or mainly kids?? Wouldve thought they would have done better than they have with full squad thats all....?? The USA game could be very open as there is certainly no pressure on both of them is there...cant qualify now?

Yeah will do Scooby.

USA have left out a lot of their main squad I think as they just won the Gold Cup the week before this started. They passed it around well against Paraguay and all seemed to have good control and technique (unlike England ) There are a couple I've seen play for them before like Johnson up front, DeMerit of Watford and of course Keller in goal, but most of the rest I'd never heard of and it seems most play in the MLS of this squad. The coach is using it to give them experience. Only 1 game but I was quite impressed with two of their midfielders, Ricardo Clark and Benny Feilhaber.

Thanks Matt...much appreciated!

Thought USA didnt have full squad....they would have done pretty well with full squad I would think...they do play good football dont they?? Better than us....who the doesnt!!!

Ive gone for laying the draw in the usa game hoping to trade on it. May also do the same Goals bet as you MattR, although i can see it being a 0-0 again!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Scooby,
    8 changes, Palacio and Tevez up front and Aimar starting.

Scooby,
    8 changes, Palacio and Tevez up front and Aimar starting.
    Thanks Matt.

The goals seem to have dried up a little dont they??:splapme This one looks to be over 2.5 to me....final last words...

05/07/07
    2.10 Colombia v USA 3.40 Draw 3.25 Colombia win 1-0
    1.53 Argentina v Paraguay 6.00 Draw 3.80 Won 1-0
    1/2
    8/18 Overall
    44.44%
    -5.67pts

Thread Information