Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copa America

07/07/07
    2.63 Uruguay v Venezuela 2.80 Draw 3.25 Won 4-1
    1.40 Brazil v Chile 9.50 Draw 4.50 Won 6-1

08/07/07
    2.30 Mexico v Paraguay 3.00 Draw 3.00 Won 6-0
    1.29 Argentina v Peru 10.00 Draw 5.00 Won 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Thanks Matt.

The goals seem to have dried up a little dont they??:splapme This one looks to be over 2.5 to me....final last words...

I really enjoyed the game. Argentina play great football to watch and this was mostly a 'reserve' side. You wouldn't really have known the difference. They dominated the game yet Paraguay also posed a threat on the break as well which made for a great game. I was on Argentina so was sweating a bit as no matter how much they controlled the match they couldn't get the goal then of all people up popped Masceranho!

Argentina really wanted the win as they brought on Messi after about 70 minutes. So that certainly suggests to me they were keen to avoid Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I really enjoyed the game. Argentina play great football to watch and this was mostly a 'reserve' side. You wouldn't really have known the difference. They dominated the game yet Paraguay also posed a threat on the break as well which made for a great game. I was on Argentina so was sweating a bit as no matter how much they controlled the match they couldn't get the goal then of all people up popped Masceranho!

Argentina really wanted the win as they brought on Messi after about 70 minutes. So that certainly suggests to me they were keen to avoid Mexico.
    Yeah saw the result this morning....couldnt stay up! Its different when youre watching it but looking at scores and betfair betting on laptop is not much fun at that time of night!! :D Stayed away from both games in the end...glad I did as would have lost....again! :splapme Thanks for team news mate.

Should make for good end to tournament now eh..you think Argies deserve be 1.9 outright then? I guess theyll have much stronger team out for 1/4s?

Yeah I still see them winning it. Mexico will be difficult but I think they have enough to beat them and they look much better than the Brazil team out there. The striker from Boca who played last night looks good as well (Palacio) Aimar was excellent and would walk into any international team i think apart from Argentina cos Riquelme's there . We had Andres D'Alessandro on loan the season before last and he was a fantastic player and he can't even get in their squad

Got stung a bit on the goals on Colombia game. I had 1+ initially and when the first came early I went in on 2+ only for Colombia to miss a penalty and then later on see their striker, one on one with the keeper, manage to square the ball to a USA defender rather than either of the two Colombians who had broken with him Fortunately the Argentina win gave me a small profit for the night.

Yeah I still see them winning it. Mexico will be difficult but I think they have enough to beat them and they look much better than the Brazil team out there. The striker from Boca who played last night looks good as well (Palacio) Aimar was excellent and would walk into any international team i think apart from Argentina cos Riquelme's there . We had Andres D'Alessandro on loan the season before last and he was a fantastic player and he can't even get in their squad

Got stung a bit on the goals on Colombia game. I had 1+ initially and when the first came early I went in on 2+ only for Colombia to miss a penalty and then later on see their striker, one on one with the keeper, manage to square the ball to a USA defender rather than either of the two Colombians who had broken with him Fortunately the Argentina win gave me a small profit for the night.
    As I thought their reserves would give us a helluva game I would think! It surprised me when Aimar left Valencia last year...hes a top player.

When you just watch the scores and Betfair...you see it suspended and you think goal get in!!...but then you think maybe player sent off or pen or in that case...missed pen!!! :splapme:)

Yes and an awful penalty at that! USA made so many changes it was effectively their third team as virtually all the usual squad aren't there. Ossie Ardiles was saying on Sky that the organisers are not happy with them for bringing what amounts to a reserve team squad and he thinks they won't be invited again.

Yes and an awful penalty at that! USA made so many changes it was effectively their third team as virtually all the usual squad aren't there. Ossie Ardiles was saying on Sky that the organisers are not happy with them for bringing what amounts to a reserve team squad and he thinks they won't be invited again.
    Yeah dead right...they dont deserve a place if that is the case do they? Its the same when the British nations send inferior rugby teams to Australia/ South Africa & NZ. I know players are knackered but you may as well stay at home in my opinion....unfair on paying public as well...I know Southern Hemisphere are getting well sick of it.

Yes, just like the league cup!

Yes, just like the league cup!
    Yeah...glad Man Utd dont do that and never will I hope!! :D

We never get past the 2nd round so I don't know what we'd do

At last Diego puts one away (hope Athletico werent watching!) and then an equaliser within 2 mins....maybe will be +2.5 goals in this game after all!

Looks like the goals are back. I like the idea of this penalties after 90 minutes rather than extra time. But then all teams in this have played to win (except for last group games when certain results were needed) so maybe it wouldn't make a difference here.

I wish I had done +4.5 goals now on both games...who would have thought it eh! Brazil reserves won easily didnt they....was easiest money I made in weeks!

You have got to feel for Paraguay. The amount of time and effort that goes into preparing for a Copa America quarter-final and, within ninety seconds, you have your 'keeper sent off, face a penalty and go a goal down.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    You have got to feel for Paraguay. The amount of time and effort that goes into preparing for a Copa America quarter-final and, within ninety seconds, you have your 'keeper sent off, face a penalty and go a goal down.
    Yeah....its a shame for the game as well isnt it. But they are still in it by the look of it....seen the draw was 9 at one point but price come in as they have seen them play. It is amazing though how now Mexico look like they have 10 men...they have just stopped playing. Well they had till they just scored when I wrote this!!! :D I know nothing!!!

Castillo - put a goalkeeper, a defence and 18 yards between him and the goal and he scores with his eyes shut.

Put him plum centre of goal, 6 yards out with no goalkeeper and he puts it wide. :splapme

Its raining goals Jonah!! :D Who would have predicted 6-0...

Quote Originally Posted by yerotsluap View Post
    07/07/07
    2.63 Uruguay v Venezuela 2.80 Draw 3.25 Won 4-1
    1.40 Brazil v Chile 9.50 Draw 4.50 Won 6-1

08/07/07
    2.30 Mexico v Paraguay 3.00 Draw 3.00 Won 6-0
    1.29 Argentina v Peru 10.00 Draw 5.00 Won 4-0
    4/4
    12/22 Overall
    54.54%
    -2.05pts

10/07/07
    1.58 Brazil v Uruguay 5.60 Draw 4.20 Drew 2-2

11/07/07
    1.67 Argentina v Mexico 6.00 Draw 3.75 Won 3-0

First blood to Brazil in the semi-final. Maicon scoring on thirteen minutes.

Now the floodlights have gone! Could be an even later night than usual.

Forlan equalises.

2-1 Brazil. Julio Baptista.

Overs comes in again! :)

2-2!

Brazil win on penalties and cue a mass brawl between both sets of players!

Uruguay blow golden opportunity in sudden death when the post comes between them and the final.

Looks like we are on for a showdown again between the big two.:)

Fell asleep Jonah.....went for over 2.5 goals so I could relax! Just seen the pens this morning....how that pen of Uruguays missed I dont know...shame as they played well in the first half from what I saw. I reckon Argies will win tonight and beat this Brazil side as well in the final...

Yeah I only watched the first half and taped the rest as I was falling asleep. Thought Brazil would go on to win 2-1, 3-1 so was surprised to see it went to penalties and relieved Brazil won it as I dutched Argentina, Brazil and Mexico on the outright market

Quote Originally Posted by yerotsluap View Post
    10/07/07
    1.58 Brazil v Uruguay 5.60 Draw 4.20 Drew 2-2

11/07/07
    1.67 Argentina v Mexico 6.00 Draw 3.75 Won 3-0
    1/2
    13/24 Overall
    54.16%
    -2.38pts

14/07/07
    2.44 Mexico v Uruguay 3.00 Draw 3.38 Won 3-1

15/07/07
    1.91 Argentina v Brazil 4.30 Draw 3.50 Lost 3-0

Third-place play-off about to kick off.

Nothing really at stake and so both teams should be relaxed which is bound to make for an open game.

Surely goals in this? :)

1-0 Uruguay.

Thread Information