Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Copa America

1-1. Blanco penalty and Uruguayan skipper sent off.

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

2-1 Mexico.

Overs lands yet again!

3-1 Mexico!

Cant believe it...went against overs tonight and backed Uruguay! Stupid schoolboy error! Ref spoiled the game for me...never a sending off was it!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Cant believe it...went against overs tonight and backed Uruguay! Stupid schoolboy error! Ref spoiled the game for me...never a sending off was it!
    Extremely dodgy decision Scoob. Was still a good game but would have been much better had Uruguay retained eleven men. They were unlucky towards the end with a few chances. Really like the look of Rodriguez. He has had a very good tournament.

A fifth goal in the game would have seen me in dreamland.

Let's hope the final doesn't disappoint.

Can't believe you backed unders!

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    Extremely dodgy decision Scoob. Was still a good game but would have been much better had Uruguay retained eleven men. They were unlucky towards the end with a few chances. Really like the look of Rodriguez. He has had a very good tournament.

A fifth goal in the game would have seen me in dreamland.

Let's hope the final doesn't disappoint.

Can't believe you backed unders!
    Is Rodriguez the number 7 Jonah? Pretty good player...nearly all left foot I think isnt he? Think that game would've been different but for ref but to be fair to Mexico they were putting on pressure before he sent player off....shouldve had a pen before that!

I didnt explain myself v well...I didnt back unders no...just went for Uruguay instead! But...got a bit back when laid 2-1...just thought there were going to be more goals...was going to lay 3-1 as well near the end! For anyone who has done over 2.5 in this comp...it has been a great profitable tournament hasnt it! Wonder if final will be the same...I would say yes but you never know do you! Argentina 3-1 I reckon but seen them blow it before against Brazil...however not sure if this Brazil team is the strongest??

If there is any justice then Argentina will win it. They have played some fabulous football throughout and I could watch them all day. Crespo is likely to be fit again which is a tremendous boost for them.

After their 6-1 win in the quarter-final, it appeared Brazil were peaking at the right time, however, Uruguay gave them an almighty fright in the semis and should have eliminated them.

Laying unders, 0-0 and no next goal has been very profitable in this tournament. I let myself down though in the third round of group matches. I identified in advance that the two 0-0 matches were ideal candidates for that score but didn't alter my approach and got burnt heavily.

They say you shouldn't go out and buy a player on the strength of his performance in a major tournament, but I think Rodriguez will be attracting attention of bigger clubs than the modest one he currently plays for, Paris St Germain.

Well wouldnt you just know it....41 mins gone and 2-0 Brazil! Looks like Argentina have blown it again!

3-0 now....& this isnt Brazils first team! I wish England reserves were as good!

Yea bit of a shocking game from argentina. They never got going and maybe felt they deserved to win just because of their previous performances and the fact that all their big names showed up. Well done brazil though, but they aint world beaters at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by yerotsluap View Post
    14/07/07
    2.44 Mexico v Uruguay 3.00 Draw 3.38 Won 3-1

15/07/07
    1.91 Argentina v Brazil 4.30 Draw 3.50 Lost 3-0
    1/2
    14/246Overall
    53.85%
    -1.94pts

andyp is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

What a great game! I didnt catch any of the copa america apart from the final and it has converted me back into a fan of south american football!

Suprisingly, brazil looked very solid and organised, unlike what we are used to seeing. Their 2 centre halves were awesome, powerful and won everything in the air (thought riquelmes set pieces would have changed when he saw brazil clear his first 100 free kicks from the air :D). They were also very quick on the counter attack and in the end, that is what killed Argentina off.

I am a massive fan of attacking full-backs and IMO that is a key to sucess. I have always admired players like Petrescu, Carlos and Cafu.... my recent idol is Alves (who scored one and set one up!)...but there is a new guy who could take his status is Makon, the brazilian right back!!!! This guy looks solid, powerful, skillful, good in the air and most of all, he is good going forward. I dont know anything about him, but from what i saw in the final he is definitely going to catch the attention of the top clubs!

It was an excellent tournament Andy, the only games that weren't any good were the third group games that had nothing on them, which was to be expected. Argentina were superb throughout until the final. Would have been interesting to see how the final would have panned out if Riquelme's shot that hit the post had gone in. Just to say how good a tournament it was the final probably wasn't even in the top 3 games.

Now that's over we're ready for the Premier's 0-0, 1-0, 1-1's to begin! :wink

andyp is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Yeah i heard there was something daft like 90 goals scored through out the tournament or something?! Gutted i didnt actually watch any of it, i used to get frustrated with the south american style of play, where they would either kick ten lumps out of each other or dive around the pitch in an over the top manner! But like i say this tournament has definitely converted me!

I agree Matt, the premiership will prob be a step down in entertainment compared to this.... but having said that, i am really looking forward to this years campaign with all the new signings - BRING IT ON :D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the new season, nothing like the buzz of the first game.

I agree Matt...the first game in the hot summer sunshine!!!!!!!!:D weather!

With our pitch's draining it'll probably be postponed! At least if it's raining the away fans will have a roof now!

Thread Information