Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Merlin Soccer Bets

Back-in-front... 1-2

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

FULL TIME America RN 1 - 2 Cruzeiro ..Hip Hip

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Stats
    August 07
    + 24.99 Points

Mark Twain.

Hip - hip!
    :)

Nice pick, thanks m8!

MONDAY FOOTY BET
    ……………………………

Kettering Town FC v Hucknall Town

HOME WIN @ 1.90 with Blue Square

4 POINTS

(Home team website: http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/ )

Mark Twain.

Hey...hey...I notice Skittle has joined the forum....Hi S....nice to see u, here....

If you have posted, dont think it will appear immediately as the Moderators(due to spammers) approve first posts........

You will feel right at home here...being a scouser

Mark Twain.

Hery Merlin, Caged here. Keep up the good work

Hi C......

I see Oxford got off to a great start.......…..

Welcome to WIN2WIN, mate…

Mark Twain.

A win is a win, but 1.57 shots are not supposed to need 92nd minute penalties . Of course 1-0 was pretty much the only likely correct score i didnt have covered

Oh..I didnt realize that...guess you were lucky then..

Mark Twain.

I'm in big dilemma...
    Djurgrden 1 or Brondby 2, or both?
    Luckly, both values are over 2.00 so i'll probably take them both...

So,

First pick:

Djurgarden - Hammarby - 1 at 2.20 (6/10)

Djurga Home record: 7-0-1 (15:6)
    Hammarby Away record: 0-3-5 (7:15)

plus Djurga needs this points desperately and Hammarby doesn't...

Second pick:

Viborg - Brondby - 2 at 2.00 (6/10)

Viborg Home record: 0-0-1 (0:5); Viborg overall rec 0-0-4 (1:11)
    Brondby Away record: 0-0-2 (0:6); Brondby overall rec 1-1-2 (5:8)

Ok, Brondby is bad at the moment...but, it is hard to be bad as Viborg. I think that is time for Brondby to get away win, especially because Viborg is too bad to score a goal. After all, here we have 2 completely different classes od teams.

All in all, I'm 100% sure that at least one this two picks will be a winner so I won't be in deficit for today.

Good luck guyz!

HALF-TIME SCORELINE

KETTERING 1 - 1 HUCKNALL

An early setback for Kettering as they fell behind to an own goal with Luke Graham the unfortunate scorer, but they worked themselves quickly back into the match and recovered to pull back on level terms through Jon Brady to make it 1-1.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxySerb View Post
    I'm in big dilemma...
    Djurgrden 1 or Brondby 2, or both?
    Luckly, both values are over 2.00 so i'll probably take them both...

So,

First pick:

Djurgarden - Hammarby - 1 at 2.20 (6/10)

Djurga Home record: 7-0-1 (15:6)
    Hammarby Away record: 0-3-5 (7:15)

plus Djurga needs this points desperately and Hammarby doesn't...

Second pick:

Viborg - Brondby - 2 at 2.00 (6/10)

Viborg Home record: 0-0-1 (0:5); Viborg overall rec 0-0-4 (1:11)
    Brondby Away record: 0-0-2 (0:6); Brondby overall rec 1-1-2 (5:8)

Ok, Brondby is bad at the moment...but, it is hard to be bad as Viborg. I think that is time for Brondby to get away win, especially because Viborg is too bad to score a goal. After all, here we have 2 completely different classes od teams.

All in all, I'm 100% sure that at least one this two picks will be a winner so I won't be in deficit for today.

Good luck guyz!
    Viborg FF 1-1 Brondby IF

Djurgardens IF 1-0 Hammarby IF

Well done Maxy…you had the second game right….ensuring level stakes profit…..they missed a penalty in the 85th minute, too…

Mark Twain.

Latest Score

Kettering 3 – 2 Hucnall

7 Minutes Left..

Mark Twain.

Aaaarhg...I get home some 3 mins ago...I was looking results over the mobile though...

Ok...Brondby is bad...simply bad as hell...that's a fact now.

Djurga is a winner for today...after all...there is 0.9 pts profit. :wink

I've placed some small money on your Poppies, so it's not a bad day...it's a monday after all...shame there were no Irish league today...

DID WE WIN?

COURSE WE DID

FULL TIME

KETERING 3 – 2 HUCKNALL

Mark Twain.

Great!

Monty is from Scotland, right?
    Tomorrow Rangers are playing against my favorite (and home club, former Champion of Europe and World ('91) :D) Red Star Belgrade in Champions League 3rd step.

I'm interested in that how the Rangers are prepared for this game and what are the public expectations.

Nice Work Merl, and nice to see all you new boys having a go too.

Just dont follow my football tips at the minute, im having a stinker! :)

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts

Monty is from Scotland, right?
    Tomorrow Rangers are playing against my favorite (and home club, former Champion of Europe and World ('91) :D) Red Star Belgrade in Champions League 3rd step.
    With the best player I have seen play live, Robert Prosinecki. He played for Portsmouth (the team I support) near the end of his career and he was still an excellent player.

Quote Originally Posted by tophatter View Post
    Nice Work Merl, and nice to see all you new boys having a go too.

Just dont follow my football tips at the minute, im having a stinker! :)
    With the soccer talent we already have on the forum…and the input of the new guys……we should be helping ourselves to loads of cash over the next 8 months…

Fingers crossed, TH..

Mark Twain.

Do you fellas keep ratings etc or just go off instinct, intimate knowledge of the players or what?

I'll just say that I'm very, very glad that I've joined this forum. It's a nice atmosphere, like domestic, and that is most important for me.
    I must say that I'm enjoying football and that I'm trying to make a decent living from the betting because I'm a student and here in Serbia you can't work (have a job) and be successful on college.

@to MattR
    Yes, that's right...he was pretty good. That was a good times for Red Star...and then the stupid civil war begun and all our leagues (Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, B&H, Slovenia) become equal to rubbish because all good teams were consisted of players from all this countries...

I hope that Red Star won't lose tomorrow because I want to enjoy rematch in Belgrade. I have a season ticket. :)
    And on Marakana (yes Merlin, we have Maracana too :) - but smaller, 59000 seats) Red Star never lose. In past too years, in Euro cups, on Marakana we have beaten PSV, Roma, Braga...we lost only from Milan last year in CL. Red Star supporters are fanatics, stadium is always overcrowded (in Euro cups) and Serbian football have only one really good side - determination! So, if we don't lose tomorrow in Glasgow...we can go trough next round.

I have read that Rangers (especially Beasley) are already accusing Red Star supporters that we are racists. That's a absolute rubbish, we have 3 key players with dark skin and we absolutely love them (Ibrahima Guy, Castillo, Lukas). I was kind'a angry when I've saw that because I'm against racism in every way and I have zero tolerance for every other discrimination.

@to Merlin
    I promise I won't spam your topic anymore :D

I'll post something really useful tomorrow when we collect some vital informations about games and teams. :)

Nice post Maxy….dont worry about writing on the thread..thats what its there for…however, you can start your own if you want to..of course..

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Do you fellas keep ratings etc or just go off instinct, intimate knowledge of the players or what?
    Off course that I'm going on every match with some vital informations (weather, available squads, motivation...) and instinct is a important for me too.
    But, it is much easy to collect that informations from various leagues than from small leagues.
    Like I said, betting isn't a game for me, I'm making a living and trips (I like to travel more than anything) from it. It's like a job that I'm enjoying. Yes, I have to spend some hours in front of monitor to collect info's, but...after all, profit is that what it counts. Merlin saw my previews on some other forum. We can make a personal bank statistics if you like, I'll be glad to do it.

I'

@to MattR
    Yes, that's right...he was pretty good. That was a good times for Red Star...and then the stupid civil war begun and all our leagues (Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, B&H, Slovenia) become equal to rubbish because all good teams were consisted of players from all this countries...

I hope that Red Star won't lose tomorrow because I want to enjoy rematch in Belgrade. I have a season ticket. :)
    And on Marakana (yes Merlin, we have Maracana too :) - but smaller, 59000 seats) Red Star never lose. In past too years, in Euro cups, on Marakana we have beaten PSV, Roma, Braga...we lost only from Milan last year in CL. Red Star supporters are fanatics, stadium is always overcrowded (in Euro cups) and Serbian football have only one really good side - determination! So, if we don't lose tomorrow in Glasgow...we can go trough next round.
    I like to bet on European football and quite often lay the opponents when Red Star and also Dinamo Zagreb are at home. Looking back on recent years it seems they very rarely lose at home. Is Cverna Svedsa Serbian for Red Star? Is it fairly safe that those two will not lose at home in the league except perhaps to two or three other teams?

Yes, that is quite true.
    You were close with Red Star - on serbian is Crvena(red) Zvezda(star).
    You are also right with Dinamo Z., their supporters (Bad Blue Boys) are fanatics too.
    In domestic league, Crvena Zvezda and Partizan almost never loses at home. If something like that happens that's because Partizan or Zvezda beat eachother. They have approximately only one or two lost games at home per season. And there I'm counting Euro cups.
    For example, in last 3 seasons Zvezda lost only 2 games at home in Euro Cups (Rosenborg 0:1 (penalty in 88. min) and AC Milan (Pipo at the start of the match)). And we played against some strong teams: Lazio, Chievo, Roma, Braga, Liberec, PSV...

TUESDAY BET

Here we go.....from not having many games to choose from, we suddenly have a shed-full....

Don’t usually like betting in cup games, but feel a little safer selecting a game where both teams are from the same league….

So its my old favourites…Swansea City , home win…

Swansea v Walsall @ 1.83 Betfred

5 POINTS

Mark Twain.

Stats
    August 07
    + 28.59 Points

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Stats
    August 07
    + 28.59 Points
    Hope the run continues Merl!

Thread Information