Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mug OUFC's Really Crap Non League bets

Quote Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
    Didn't do the draw, layed Torquay instead.
    Sometimes there is a slightly better alternative and @ 2.58 to lay Torquay it seemed better.:D

nice bet skittle, as i say if i would have bet anything i would have bet torquay...

Onwards and upwards chaps.

I have no strong feelings on the games tonight. I think oxford should win...but if tardif is in goal we may have to score two and that is touch and go. Could be a draw...it was 2-2 last season...and the 3 on grays is a big price....

I can see where merlin is going with halifax...am I brave enough to back it...not sure yet. Its no banker but the price does reflect that of course. If it was on a saturday with a full programme of games I wouldnt be betting on it though.

Chris Tardif I assume MUG? He played a couple of games in the first team at Pompey I seem to recall. Not impressive!

Thats him . He was our player of the season a couple of years ago when he had a brilliant season - pulled off some incredible saves. He is a great shot stopper. However, leader of men and commander of his area he aint. He is too small and quiet. And we dont have enough leaders as it is

Word is he is going to retire soon, not sure how old he is dont think he has reached late 20's though. Shame.

We had Guatelli on loan from pompey too. He was very italian

Quote Originally Posted by Mug OUFC View Post
    2 games tomorrow night monty get on it :D

I can't split them, there is not a big enough difference in either of the two games for the sheet to pick one out a likely winner. It looks to me like Draws in both games.

I'm giving both matches a miss tonight as anything could happen, as you said it's a difficult league and that's exactly what I think about these two games tonight...DIFFICULT

We had Guatelli on loan from pompey too. He was very italian
    What was he like, never saw him play?

Goalie, about 7 ft 6 with long hair. Very highly rated apparently. Looked like a girl and catched like one

He got injured after a few starts and when Jim Smith was asked what injury he had, Smith replied "An italian one" :D

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    I can't split them, there is not a big enough difference in either of the two games for the sheet to pick one out a likely winner. It looks to me like Draws in both games.

Full-Time Score:

Grays 0 Oxford Utd 0

Halifax 1 Woking 0

Well, it does looks like a they were a couple of hard games to pick a winner from.

Listened to the oxford game on the radio. Turley was back in goal. We were the better team and should have won it but both teams had chances to take all 3 points. We are very negative though - i hate it.

I wonder if betting the draw in close games like this has the potential for long term cashability

I wonder if betting the draw in close games like this has the potential for long term cashability

Yes! it could work, as long as we got a at least 1 draw in every 3 games.

Yes! it could work, as long as we got a at least 1 draw in every 3 games.
    I played about with something like this a few years ago....but only on a Saturday...and played multiples......it was profitable….but was to time consuming (for me) to arrive at the draws……..

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Goalie, about 7 ft 6 with long hair. Very highly rated apparently. Looked like a girl and catched like one

He got injured after a few starts and when Jim Smith was asked what injury he had, Smith replied "An italian one" :D

Yes, I remember he was supposed to be very highly rated but never saw the light of day!

Getting this in early as off to the england game this afternoon and lots on at work (dont laugh)

Forest Green v Salisbury (thursday)

Positives
    I like forest green this year, they are no longer the whipping boys of the division and are a pragmatic side. If they can get some consistency I am sure they will be at least top half. They have 2-1-1 at home, including a draw with leaders torquay.
    Newly promoted Salisbury are good at home but are yet to win away.

Negs
    FG style is maybe a bit better suited to away games as they like to counter
    Consistency may be a problem so I would be wary of trusting them at short odds.
    FG arent on telly much - might freeze. Same applies to salisbury though.
    No head to heads.

Home win, home win. 6 points @ 1.98 (betfair BC)

Getting this in early as off to the england game this afternoon and lots on at work (dont laugh)

Forest Green v Salisbury (thursday)

Positives
    I like forest green this year, they are no longer the whipping boys of the division and are a pragmatic side. If they can get some consistency I am sure they will be at least top half. They have 2-1-1 at home, including a draw with leaders torquay.
    Newly promoted Salisbury are good at home but are yet to win away.

Negs
    FG style is maybe a bit better suited to away games as they like to counter
    Consistency may be a problem so I would be wary of trusting them at short odds.
    FG arent on telly much - might freeze. Same applies to salisbury though.
    No head to heads.

Home win, home win. 6 points @ 1.98 (betfair BC)

I would go with the home win as well, their home record has been quite good so far this season.

Absolute shambles and almost all my profit gone. FG just didnt play at all

Weekends picks up soon, for what they are worth

Monty my man

I am looking at:
    Burton at Rushden
    Stevenage at York
    and Torquay home to halifax tonight

Any thoughts?

Stevenage and Torquay are coming out as the highest rated picks on my sheet. It does favour Burton to win but not as much as the first two. Histon away @ Northwich is also coming out quite high as does Gray's @ Stafford. The 2nd best home win is Cambridge Utd they are coming out as a high pick based only on their Home form. And coming out as my best draw I have Farsley Celtic v's Exeter. The ratings worked well last week, but who know's what way they will go this week. I don't know much about the teams in this league, that's why I just take a chance with the best rated ones.
    The problem I had with my ratings they would work excellent one week and could be very poor the next. I would probably just stick with the teams you have picked out already.

What do you think about the teams the ratings are going with?

Cheers monty

Burton arent a strong pick for me either but i do like the price. (2.6 to 2.7)

I also thought about Histon at northwich, northwich are very easy to lay at the moment. It took them until Xmas last year to start winning games and they seem to be following the same trend with worse players this season. They have also put 5 players on the transfer list this week and one of them has gone on loan to rushden. However, I was confident on histon last weekend at home and they got turned over by farsley celtic Now...do I learn my lesson or do I try them again? Or are histon just better away than at home?

Similar to Northwich, Stafford are just awful at the moment and you could do a lot worse than just lay them every week. Negatives I see with this are that Grays are inconsistent (3-3-3 record so far) and Stafford won this one last year

Cambridge started strong but have drawn 4 of last 5. Crawley are unbeaten in 5 although I guess theyve only won one away, but this was a a tidy result at aldershot. My feeling is its closer than the 1.95 offered on Cambridge?

I am a little concerned about the torquay price. Although it looks strong on paper, the teams they have beaten so far arent that strong and 1.65ish is a very low price.

No team news has come through yet of course.

Any thoughts?

Talking

Merlin my man

I am looking at throwing my money away on:
    Burton at Rushden
    Stevenage at York
    and Torquay home to halifax tonight

Any thoughts, Wizard?
    OK..as you have asked ....

Burton at Rushden ......HOME
    Stevenage at York.....HOME
    and Torquay home to halifax tonight.....DRAW...

I would just take the Stevenage as a single - and a small treble on the 3...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Salutations oh man of magic and mystery

Do you really mean Rushden and York to win?

No..STEVENAGE and BURTON to win...I wrote them as home and away…as they were written

Mark Twain.

Sounds sensible..if Stevenage dont make it Im screwed though?

6 points Stevenage at York @ 2.25 (betfred)
    1 point treble - Torquay, Stevenage and Burton

Stevenage and Torquay are coming out as the highest rated picks on my sheet. It does favour Burton to win but not as much as the first two. Histon away @ Northwich is also coming out quite high as does Gray's @ Stafford. The 2nd best home win is Cambridge Utd they are coming out as a high pick based only on their Home form. And coming out as my best draw I have Farsley Celtic v's Exeter. The ratings worked well last week, but who know's what way they will go this week. I don't know much about the teams in this league, that's why I just take a chance with the best rated ones.
    The problem I had with my ratings they would work excellent one week and could be very poor the next. I would probably just stick with the teams you have picked out already.

What do you think about the teams the ratings are going with?

Hi MugOUFC

My ratings sheet called it right with Stevenage, Torquay, Cambridge, Histon and Grays Athletic.

Wrong picks were Burton and the draw pick Farsley Celtic v's Exeter

Not bad as it does say it didn't favour Burton as much as the others.

A single point on each of these 7 bets would have returned over 3 points profit this week.

:)

Not bad at all monty

Histon annoy me now

Almost a full programme tuesday night...i will be looking at them tomorrow

Not bad at all monty

Histon annoy me now

Almost a full programme tuesday night...i will be looking at them tomorrow
    Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Aldershot v York, 19:45
    Altrincham v Cambridge Utd , 19:45
    Burton Albion v Ebbsfleet United, 19:45
    Crawley Town v Woking, 19:45
    Exeter v Forest Green, 19:45
    Halifax v Northwich, 19:45
    Histon v Torquay, 19:45
    Kidderminster v Droylsden, 19:45
    Salisbury v Stafford Rangers, 19:45
    Stevenage v Farsley Celtic, 19:45
    Weymouth v Rushden & D'monds, 19:45

Mug OUFC

Just incase your interested? This is what the my ratings is picking out as likely wins in the midweek games. :)

Certainly am interested my friend, your ratings seem to be very effective. Are they all strong picks?

Yes! they look strong picks, to be a pick? they have got to be superior on Home/Away form, as well as the season Season Form. And the teams in bold matched up with both. Burton and Crawley also came out as good picks based on their Home form, but their season form wasn't just as high as I would have liked.

Thats a lot of strong picks

I can see why though. Altrincham, Stafford, Northwich and Droylsden are all pony. Aldershot and stevenage are good sides.

Shouldnt complain about having a lot of options but not sure the best way to bet these

Thread Information