Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merlin Footy Bets (Thread 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    SATURDAY FOOTY BETS

Airdrie Utd v Queens Park

AWAY WIN @ 5/2
    4 POINTS

Cowdenbeath v Raith
    AWAY WIN @ 4/5
    4 POINTS

Oldham v Bristol Rovers
    HOME WIN @ 1.98
    8 POINTS

16 POINTS STAKED

Stats
    August 07
    - 8.42 Points
    (*11)............

Raith Rovers are probably my best pick from the Scottish 2nd Division, and should be good enought to take the 3pts against Cowdenbeath.

Airdrie Utd v's Queen's Park? The form suggests Queen's Park should play well? I really don't think they will win. Airdrie Utd have had a lot problems recently, but the clubs future was secured this week when there ground was bought by a consortium, with this good news I think the clubs performance on the park will improve.

My club Ayr Utd have had a terrible start to the season, and they really need to get some much needed points today, as the club mentioned in the local papers they can't let the league leaders get to far infront so early in the season, so i'll take a chance on an Ayr Utd win today.

Another bet I like the look of is in the Premier League game at Easter Road. I think i'll go for Hibs to beat Aberdeen, Hibernian are a strong attacking team at home, so they might be worth a look at as another home win. I should get a good price in this match.

In the 3rd Division I'm going to take Stenhousemuir to beat East Stirling, although East Stirling have had some good results recently, I think they will find it hard against Stenhousemuir today.

The Scottish first Division has been my betting graveyard for years This Division is so unpredictable as most of the teams in this league are good enough to beat each other. My tip for this division is to stay away... This league is not for me, but if you must have a bet in Division One? I would take Morton to win at home against Hamilton.

Good Luck with your bets Guys, I'm away fishing again.....:D

Brilliant , thanks M.....glad you like Raith tôo…Went for QP ..as the price is good for an in form team……fingers crossed….

Good luck to us….all..

(will try VC on that price S....)…

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Gone fishing.............u must have a bird in the glen..

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
    Just a quickie for you. Raith are on VC Bet @ 8/5, must be a mistake, but you never know. Cowdenbeath are having trouble putting a team out and have asked for the match to be postponed,but have been turned down.

Dived straight in for it......it had changed to 4/6...

Mark Twain.

C'mon Raith...At least draw...

Wot a load of rubbish today - ......doh..

……………………………………………….

Kick off 8.00pm UK time..

BRAZIL SERIE B

Santa Cruz v Ipatinga

HOME WIN @ 1.80 with Blue Square

8 POINTS

Mark Twain.

MLS (Saturday)

2.50 is a generous price for DC…they are on an unbeaten run of 5…whilst Toronto are on a losing streak of 6 or 7……..

Toronto vs DC United

AWAY WIN @ 2.50 (general)

6 POINTS

Thats it from me today...fingers crosseed...

Mark Twain.

Hi M

I had a bad days fishing and my bets were also crap today, so I hope DC United win to ease the pain.

Merlin did you do Finn Harps tonight?

No M...although I had planned to....to be frank...I forgot about it…

Typically they are currently winning 1-0..

Its been a bad hair day for me…in fact its been a bad hair day few weeks….

Take today….I thought my bets were strong….not a bloody winner….and to rub salt in the woind….

The 2 league teams I support….LEEDS and SWANSEA both won away at good prices…..

To be honest mate…I am pulling my hair out……..its one of the dark periods in betting……….

Mark Twain.

No M...although I had planned to....to be frank...I forgot about it…

Typically they are currently winning 1-0..

Its been a bad hair day for me…in fact its been a bad hair day few weeks….

Take today….I thought my bets were strong….not a bloody winner….and to rub salt in the woind….

The 2 league teams I support….LEEDS and SWANSEA both won away at good prices…..

To be honest mate…I am pulling my hair out……..its one of the dark periods in betting……….

Finn Harps are winning 3-0, that win helps my bank a bit, but my day will turn out a lot better if Cobh can get a winner in the last 15 mins. I know how your feeling just now with your bets, for some reason my strong picks seem to be falling quicker than Arjen Robben in a penalty box. That's the reason why there only been a few Monty bets.

Cob are winning....2-1....nice...

Mark Twain.

Cob are winning....2-1....nice...

the score has changed now…..on the site I use…… 1-1

Mark Twain.

Perhaps my luck is changing...SATA CRUZ are winning 2-1 with 10 minutes to go...

Mark Twain.

Let's hope they can hold on...

Hey M ...did you notice my team won their first league match of the season today 4-0

Yeh..did notice...nice start....are they gonna be money makers….?

Mark Twain.

I can takre my head out the oven now...

SANTA CRUZ 2-1 Ipatinga

Mark Twain.

Yeh..did notice...nice start....are they gonna be money makers….?
    They have a new manager and basically a new squad. The fans were hoping for a good season but got off to a bad start but they nearly won away last week and a win today should give them a boost. I would think they will get us a few winner this season.

Another Scottish team that i might start betting is Stranraer in the 3rd Division, but i'll only bet on them if they are playing at home, as other teams have to travel one hell of a distance to get there.
    They should get a few wins on their own patch.

I can takre my head out the oven now...

SANTA CRUZ 2-1 Ipatinga

Merlin ...did you see trogdor huge winning bet tonight on G.G?

$23,212

Yeah...just saw....good for him...10 fold acca…don’t get them buggers up too often…

Mark Twain.

Merlin merlin merlin what is going on

Im sure you'll turn it round...but can we learn anything from this or is it pure statistical fluke? Why are there bets going down? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug OUFC View Post
    Merlin merlin merlin what is going on

Im sure you'll turn it round...but can we learn anything from this or is it pure statistical fluke? Why are there bets going down? :)

Its not all that bad mate...……

2 bets won last night @ 1.80 and 2.50….so there is light…..

Mind you, I have kinda wasted about 17 Points this month…in my retrospective opinion……….but you never stop learning in this game , mate…..anyone who says or thinks they don’t make betting errors are either delusional or liars….

Mark Twain.

Nice comeback last night Merlin....the Brazilian bet wasnt on Betfair I dont think was it? Was that cos it was a second div game??

No, Serie B are not on Betfair...but 4 or 5 of the main bookies offer odds.....
    ..................................................................................................

Middlesbrough v Newcastle

AWAY WIN @ 2.72
    4 POINTS

OVERS BET (2.50) @ 2.30
    3 POINTS

Possibly 2 other footy bets today.....will post later....

Mark Twain.

Sport Recife v Vasco da Gama
    HOME @ 2.40 with SKYBET and Bet Direct
    6 POINTS

This game is only 2.05 with BET 365....and currenly only 2.28 on Betfair...

Mark Twain.

Good day to you all kind sirs. Apologies if I put anyone onto the Raith game with my 'news'. It was still a damn good bet in my opinion, but everything went wrong for the Rovers, including a missed penalty, and they played their worst game of the season,typical.

I was lucky enough to recoup losses on the Everton draw.

Have done Newcastle on the draw no bet today.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
    Good day to you all kind sirs. Apologies if I put anyone onto the Raith game with my 'news'. It was still a damn good bet in my opinion, but everything went wrong for the Rovers, including a missed penalty, and they played their worst game of the season,typical.

I was lucky enough to recoup losses on the Everton draw.

Have done Newcastle on the draw no bet today.

Hi Skittle

On paper Raith Rovers should have won, but Scottish Football is very unpredictable at times especially during the first half a dozen games of the season.
    Don't worry mate, we'll get plenty of winners from the Scottish Leagues soon....

Money back job on the Newcastle game.....better than lsing it...

Hope this Sport Recife bet comes in…..may actually go to the game…see later…

Good luck if you play…

Mark Twain.

Nearly got both in there merlin...guess which one i followed you on

Dont like man u today?

Thread Information