Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin Footy Bets (September)

Merlin Footy Bets (September)

NEW THREAD SEPTEMBER 1ST

SATURDAY BETS

Liverpool v Derby
    Liverpool half-time and full-time @ 1.61
    6 POINTS

Swansea v Doncaster
    HOME WIN @ 2.04
    8 POINTS

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

I'll take you up on those two Merlin and I'll also add Ayr Utd to make up the treble.

Good Luck

You fishing today - I presume........

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    You fishing today - I presume........

Yes! I was away fishing today and it was really crap, I should have stayed at home.

Didnt get anything biting then , mate.......…….Never mind, bet the whisky was good…..

Well, Swansea let me down….were 1-0 up and looking good….had a player sent of midway second half…which ended the story as Doncaster scored 2 after that….

I seem to pick an awful lot of games that end up with 10 men…

Liverpool are AWESOME………hope they win the league…and stick it up man u and Chelski….

SATURDAY NIGHT BET
    …………………………..

I was going to bet Sao Paulo but have been out…and missed the kick-off…

Its Major League Soccer

New York Red Bulls v Chicago Fire

I fancy the home team….so its 6 Points at 1.95 with Centrebet….

However, 2 side bets @ reverse result half-time full time……The odds for this seem high..and it does happen…not often…but it doesn’t need to happen too much to make a profit….

So its…

New York Red Bulls / Chicago Fire @ 40/1
    Chicago Fire / New York Red Bulls @ 28/1
    ½ Point on each

All in all a 7 POINT BET…

Good luck if you play…

Mark Twain.

NEW YORK WON 1-0

SUNDAY BETS
    Arsenal got to be the Sunday banker – I am tempted to go for better odds and take them half-time full-time…but sometimes they are notoriously slow starters……and it may not come off….so will just stick a point on that…with the rest on a straight win…

Arsenal V Portsmouth
    HOME @ 1.56
    8 POINTS

ARSENAL HALF TIME & FULL TIME @ 2.56
    1 POINT
    …………………………………………………………………………

The other 2 Premiership games could be candidates for the reverse half time full time….so will play 0.25 of a point on each result…1 Point staked…

Blackburn/M City @ 44.00
    Man City/Blackburn @ 32.00

A Villa/Chelsea @ 30.00
    Chelsea/A Villa @ 65.00

……………………………..

10 Points staked in total…

Mark Twain.

Stats
    September + 0.36 Points

August - 9.48 Points
    (*24)

Mark Twain.

Hey merl

swansea dont seem as reliable without trundle huh

Quote Originally Posted by Mug OUFC View Post
    Hey merl

swansea dont seem as reliable without trundle huh
    Yeah - his golas were important.......dont like the manager either....they should have picked someone else...there were others after the job..who may have done better....

Mark Twain.

Well done to the Gunners.......

Just quickly before I go out…in case I dont get back in time….Will be betting NAUTICO later…their home….probably go to the game…

NAUTICO V INTERNATIONAL…kick 0ff 10.10pm UK time
    HOME WIN @ 2.75

3 Points

Mark Twain.

Friggin hell...just got in to see that Náutico are down to 10 men ...AGAIN...for the whole (almost) of the 2nd half........and losing 0-1......

Mark Twain.

Nautico ended 1-1...

They had 10 men for almost na hour........and went 0-1 down….

I didn’t go to the game…but my daughter did…and she just came back and said they played very well today….best for a while….trying very hard….running, running..running…discipline is a problem…but perhaps they may make a great escape from the drop zone…

Mark Twain.

MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
    HOME @ 1.53
    8 POINTS
    …………………………

Add the follwing for a 1 Point Treble

Blackpool v Hull
    HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
    AWAY @ 2.75

Mark Twain.

MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
    HOME @ 1.53
    8 POINTS
    …………………………

Blackpool v Hull
    HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
    AWAY @ 2.75
    Hi Merlin

Here is my thoughts on your picks...

Drogheda Utd v's UCD .... The Home win is a definate Monty Bet....:D Can't see anything other than a drogheda win. I had forgot about this game, so thank's M for the reminder....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool v's Hull.... I've got this match down as a score draw.... but you know how much I like home wins, so I'll probably go with you on this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motherwell v's Hearts ... This is a very tricky match to pick. Motherwell signed a couple of decent players just before the transfer deadline, while Hearts are a nice price, but they have too many players missing.... so it's a No-Bet for me...

Monty Bet....woo hoo....

M...one of the the reasosn I have gone for Hearts away….is that Motherwell , according to the stats I found…have not won a head-to-head….its 5 to Hearts and 1 draw….

Besides this….you of course have noticed that they are in a 1 Point teble….so its not as if I am staking a relative high stake on them…

Mark Twain.

M ...I noticed that they were part of a treble, of course i did, didn't, did, didn't .....ok I didn't...

MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
    HOME @ 1.53
    8 POINTS
    …………………………

Blackpool v Hull
    HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
    AWAY @ 2.75
    Through early morning fog I see
    visions of the things to be
    the pains that are withheld for me
    I realize and I can see...
    'Cause suicide is painless
    it brings on many changes
    and I can take or leave it if I please.

Mark Twain.

I see Merlin has now taken to singing for his supper.

Is that the Mandel and Altman original or the manic street preachers cover merlin?

TUESDAY
    …………..

Nottm Forest v Peterborough
    HOME @ 1.83
    8 POINTS

Cambridge Utd v Grays Athletic
    OVER 2.50 Goals @ 1.94

NO SINGLE but DOUBLE with the above = 2 POINT DOUBLE

Mark Twain.

Stats
    September -11.64 Points

August - 9.48 Points
    (*24)

Mark Twain.

Stats
    September -11.64 Points

August - 9.48 Points
    (*24)

...Your stats much the same as my own recently. I just can't get a run going at the moment. But we'll take it on the chin and come back fighting...

Will be surprised if we don't see a mention for your lot tonight. At 1.75 ish, it could be worth a shout, but I'll wait for words from the main man in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
    Will be surprised if we don't see a mention for your lot tonight. At 1.83 ish, it could be worth a shout, but I'll wait for words from the main man in that area.
    Well Skittle

I can tell you that I'm going to be on Ayr Utd tonight as Forfar have a player out injured and another two first team regulars suspended after a double sending off at the weekend, while Ayr welcome back their main stiker Andy Mclaren. Don't get me wrong Forfar Athletic could play well but I like the price Ayr are tonight. If this bet comes in I'll be happy because I'm starting to hate September just as much as I hate UCD. On the other hand if this one is a loser I'm taking 3-4 days off....:D

I'm taking Ayr Utd to win 1.75 @ Sportingbet

Yep - its a struggle ...M...

May bet Sata Cruz at home tonight to Fortaleza....the odds are a bit skinny at 4/7...but the half-time full time..is 7/4....may take that...

Mark Twain.

TUESDAY EVENING @ 1.45am UK TIME

Santa Cruz V Fortaleza

Half-time-Full-Time HOME WIN @ 2.75

6 POINTS

Mark Twain.

Forest 2 - 3 Peterbro

I have def lost my way at the minute......making the wrong picks.....what a nightmare...turning down teams that are winning at good odds.....been there...sound familiar?....

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Well Skittle

I can tell you that I'm going to be on Ayr Utd tonight as Forfar have a player out injured and another two first team regulars suspended after a double sending off at the weekend, while Ayr welcome back their main stiker Andy Mclaren. Don't get me wrong Forfar Athletic could play well but I like the price Ayr are tonight. If this bet comes in I'll be happy because I'm starting to hate September just as much as I hate UCD. On the other hand if this one is a loser I'm taking 3-4 days off....:D

I'm taking Ayr Utd to win 1.75 @ Sportingbet
    Full-Time Score:

Forfar Athletic 0 Ayr United 2 ...

September is looking a lot better tonight .....

Great M...I mentioned it in Cageds thread......well done......nice to see the bookie take a hit…..

Mark Twain.

Great M...I mentioned it in Cageds thread......well done......nice to see the bookie take a hit…..

Cheers Mate...

I really needed that winner tonight, my September bank had taken a few bad hits in the last couple of days. It was all my own fault because I had placed a couple of silly bets on other sports and they all ended up losing.

Thread Information