Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Help again with website please

Help again with website please

I've messed up I think

I have been using FTP since Keith and Glos recommended it, but I think I might have messed up.

I was trying to change the title of my website on the index.htm page. Just the title obviously not the domain name and I changed the wrong bit and now it won't let me FTP as it says my username and password are incorrect so I can't reverse it.

The bit that I changed was this bit:

<meta name="Description" content= (NAME OF MY SITE)

and I assume I should have tried changing this bit

<title>NAME OF MY SITE Home</title>

It then allowed me after a while of connecting and disconnecting to upload the page again and I did with the second change made, but I didn't undo the first.

Have I confused my host provider or something by changing my sites name without telling them? It was only a tiny change.

When I view the source code though, the changes are not in there.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

Changing the META tags has no effect on FTP, loading, changing, user, password, etc.....nothing at all to do with them. It's probably just a server hiccup that usually settles down.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I'll wait a little bit and give it another go.

Cheers

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...

George Carlin

It still wasn't working, so I emailed the host company asking them to try FTPing my site and they said all was fine. I then tried again will all the same details that I had been using before and it worked. I don't know what I did wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it was something their end and they just didn't want to admit it.

All's fine now though which is all I care about.

George Carlin

I always blame other folk as well :D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

:)

George Carlin

Thread Information