Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Excel Bet record

Excel Bet record

Hi Guys

I have an Excel bet record for my football bets, but it only it is very basic. I read on one of the threads a while back that some of you guys have your excel sheet working out the next stake amount. Did you download these sheets from a website or did you make them yourself?

“A man's gotta make at least one bet a day; or else he could be walking around lucky and never know it”

It's not very difficult to do Monty. I make all my Excel spreadsheets myself rather than use someone's else format which may not suit my needs

The sheet I have just now has columns with:

Date: Competition, Bet Description, Market, Bet Type, Stake, Odds, Result, Bookmaker, Comm, Profit, Yield

From these columns I created a list. The only other thing I would like the sheet to do is automatically add in the next stake based on how many points I place on the bet and also update the bank as soon as the bet is entered into the sheet. I'm not sure how to go about it? If I found a sheet with the formulas for this in it? I might be able to add it into my own sheet.

“A man's gotta make at least one bet a day; or else he could be walking around lucky and never know it”

OK.

Question 1: How urgent do you need this sorting out?

I have a LOT on my plate at the minute, stuff I am trying to get done by the end of the year. Mainly accounting stuff really. But I might have a little bit of spare time here and there. If you like, I could probably sort this out for you pretty easily, as long as it is not urgent as such a task will not be top of my To Do list by any means. So...

Question 2: Would you like me to have a look at your spreadsheet and sort it out?

If the answer to that one is "yes" then you'll need to e-mail me the workbook (mathare at blueyonder dot co dot uk) with a covering e-mail describing briefly the format of the sheets, which columns you enter data in, which are calculated automatically and so on. Unless I understand how you use the spreadsheet I will go about things how I would do it and that may not suit your way of working.

Over to you Monty...

Thank's for the quick reply Mathare, I'm not in any hurry for it. I just keep reading about other people having this and that on their own sheets and wondered where they get them from. :)

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    I just keep reading about other people having this and that on their own sheets and wondered where they get them from. :)
    Me, mostly

Mathare

That the email sent, let me know if you can improve it in anyway?

Thanks again :)

something i do on all my spreadsheets is have the top X ammount of rows with a sort of 'statistics' where the p&l, bank, roi, sr etc.... and next stake cell (3% of bank or whatever) and a nice pretty graph :). anyway after you have these top rows of stats if you highlight the row under them and click - window - freeze panes. these top rows will always be displayed at the top of your spreadsheet. so when it comes to fill in your 'next stake' cell you always have your next stake displayed on the page.

Cheers Presto

I'm trying to add things to my sheet all the time. I believe its helped my betting a lot since i started keeping a record.

I tend to keep all my stats (Profit, SR, ROI etc.) on a separate page to the actual bets. I find it much easier to compare systems that way as then all the stats are in one place. But it's very much each to their own.

mathare

Did you get the email I sent you the other day. I know you're busy just now but just curious to know if you got it ok?

Sorry Monty, I meant to say something about that. I got it but haven't had a chance to read it yet or do anything with the attachment. But it is on my list :)

Cheers Mate as long as you got it ok, as I said before there is no hurry. . . :)

Thank's Mat

That looks exactly what I was looking for, your a genius mate...

Thread Information