Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: BBC - Something good.

BBC - Something good.

Only joking, another rant

I hate this station, I truly do.

1. BDO darts. A match could be delicately poised and Micky Mouse or Tony Gubba or whatever his name is, will pop on and say...ooh it's exciting, but unfortunately that's all we can show.... They do this with snooker as well and numerous other sports, including racing. I just wish they'd do it when I have to watch...

2. John Motson and Mark Lawrenson. What a pair of absolute muppets. Motson never fails to be surprised by everything he sees and is completely unable to commentate on football anymore. Lawrenson has nothing interesting to add. Nor do the idiots in the studio. Any company that hires Alan Shearer to talk clearly cannot be trusted.

3. Eastenders. This has to be the most idiotic piece of crap I've ever seen. (Save the aussie soaps) Phil Daniels died the other day in the soap (I don't know his character name), apparently it was a car crash....the budget for the crash must have been some tesco vouchers because it was truly awful and wouldn't have killed a kitten. One can only assume that he commited suicide once the car stopped.

I'm gonna stop before I hurt myself...but I could go on...

1. People still watch sport on the BBC? Ever since they let Grandstand die a slow, lingering, death they've failed to shown any commitment to sport. Darts? ITV's recent coverage was far superior. Racing? If they're not wearing top-hats at Royal Ascot, they don't want to know. Football? Ah, bless the FA Cup with all its tradition - without it the BBC would be almost entirely sport-free.

2. But Motson and Lawrenson are absolutely traditional muppets (see point 1). And don't forget that most-treasured of traditional FA Cup bonanza's - the cup draw with cheeky chirpy eastender Trevor Brooking mangling his way through the English language as he tries to pronounce every football team while simultaneously trying not to break into rhyming slang. ""Eeer...thaaat's the Bristol's paired together...oooer missus! Meanwhile Aston Villa have draawn Man Eweee once again...would you adam and eve it?"

3. Quite why Phil Daniels was ever in Eastenders is beyond me but even one of his look-I'm-so-gormless-I'm-shocked stares into the camera (which an actor of his quality can probably do in his sleep without the slighest effort) managed to elevate this dire dirge up to acceptable levels of drama. And yes, the crash was truly pathetic, although one must admire the way that the camera had previously lingered lovingly on the slow-burning cigarette to fool the viewer into thinking that they were about to be treated to a visual feast of pyrotechnics. Bring back Prisoner Cell Block H, I say.

1. They only have the FA Cup because the government makes them have it As for the darts, I don't even watch it, most are like 'Conference' players, only gets interesting in the quarters.

2. Put the match on, turn the sound down, and out the radio commentary on, much better, as they have to be more descriptive.

3. I have a life, I've seen only one episode in 15 years, and that was only because I was having dinner on my knee (on a plate before Vegy asks!!), and couldn't reach the remote

4. BBC Four is now like BBC Two of the 70's & 80's, with all it's science & educational programs. It is actually the best of all the channels they do. If the series Atom comes on again, watch it (or download it). http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documen...res/atom.shtml

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    2. Put the match on, turn the sound down, and out the radio commentary on, much better, as they have to be more descriptive.
    Alan Green beats John Motson hands down for worst football commentator ever!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Let's not forget the golf. Coverage starts at 1pm and instead of showing the players live at 1pm they show highlights of the guys that went out that morning. Great for when you have a bet on and you already know how the morning players got on. I only wanna see video of the morning players if one of them was attacked by a bear or got four holes in one in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadetoblack View Post
    I only wanna see video of the morning players if one of them was attacked by a bear ...

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Let's not forget the golf. Coverage starts at 1pm and instead of showing the players live at 1pm they show highlights of the guys that went out that morning. Great for when you have a bet on and you already know how the morning players got on. I only wanna see video of the morning players if one of them was attacked by a bear or got four holes in one in a row.
    I'm not defending the Beeb here but live golf is awful television. Better to show someone tee off and then three or four players making puts before returning to the first fella who is now on the green. Who wants to watch Tiger Woods tee off and then walk (or get in his buggy) for 300 yards. Watching a golfer walk on some grass is very, very dull. So they save up recorded highlights of shots, some more recent than others.

I agree that watching the morning session is a bit pointless but they need some buffer time to build up recorded highlights from the afternoon players so they show some of the morning action.

And very few televised sports other than dog/horse racing pay any attention to the odds and consider bettors. Darts do now and then I guess. Lots of commentators talk about a player or team being the favourite but daren't go so far as to talk about odds, either for fear of having to name the bookie offering the odds, showing their complete ignorance or encouraging the masses to gamble - shock horror!

Only joking, another rant

I hate this station, I truly do.

3. Eastenders. This has to be the most idiotic piece of crap I've ever seen. (Save the aussie soaps) Phil Daniels died the other day in the soap (I don't know his character name), apparently it was a car crash....the budget for the crash must have been some tesco vouchers because it was truly awful and wouldn't have killed a kitten. One can only assume that he commited suicide once the car stopped.

I'm gonna stop before I hurt myself...but I could go on...
    I just love eastenders.
    They have lost some good actors/ actresses and brought in some poor ones but it's swings and roundabouts.
    I like Jase and Jack who have recently joined.
    I hate Chelsea ( as an actress ) infact now Kevin has died hopefully the whole family wil move out of the square ,I don't know how they all fitted into Pats house anyhow, but then you have other characters like Mo who is fantastic.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

Left at the Dog and Crown, 1st left, keep right, just after the War Memorial
    All I know is, there is nowhere like this is the East End ! And hasn't been for at least 20 years.

By the way is it sponsored by EXIT ? The only time i was forced to sit through a whole episode, Christmas, I felt like slashing my wrists it was so damn depressing.....

No wife can endure a gambling husband, unless he is a steady winner

Thomas Dewar

Thread Information