Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Wireless Networking

Wireless Networking

Yo,

I don't know if anyone'll know the answer, but I'll ask anyway...!

I have a Mac, with Mac OS X and Windows XP installed - I can choose to go into Windows if I want to at boot-up. Now, the problem is accessing the Internet in both OS.

When I'm in OS X in Mac, I'm using WPA Shared Key protection on my internet connection, whereas when I go into Windows, I am able to connect to the network but not to the Internet because Windows traditionally uses WEP (as far as I'm aware). So it looks for the connection, finds it, says it's connected, but I can't access anything online.

My first thought was every time I want to go into Windows, change the settings from WPA to WEP. I tried this, and it didn't work as I thought it would. I no longer could access my router's homepage to change the settings back (in both OS) as there was no connection...

So my second thought is this... is it not possible to set up a separate connection in Windows and just switch each time? Or is there a different way...?

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Buy a second computer, put your windows XP OP on that and delete the OP from your mac.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Thread Information