Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Obama

Obama

On the news, every channel, yesterday, they interviewed blacks about the Clinton v Obama vote. All the blacks said they would for Obama because he was black and it was history.

What would happen over here if we said on TV we were voting for a candidate because they are white? Shock...Horror....

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    On the news, every channel, yesterday, they interviewed blacks about the Clinton v Obama vote. All the blacks said they would for Obama because he was black and it was history.
    History? They've never had a woman president either :splapme

In this country it would come down to the very ethical and political question;

Which one of the two would you

In this country it would come down to the very ethical and political question;

Which one of the two would you
    I can't think of a single politician in this country that I would want to

John Prescott

I thought Hillary had just about sewn this up last Tuesday but it seems not...Obama won 3 states last night and is now favourite for the Democratic nomination and 11/8 to be president! He went out like a barge as last Tuesdays results came in but since then he has been backed right in....

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Sky says 3 states....the Beeb 4 I love the media's accuracy

Obama was expected to win those, hence Hilary didn't do much campaigning in them. He's only winning the states with the least delegates in compared to Hilary who is winning most of the big ones.

Obama is basically winning the states full of blacks & white farm boys :D Any states with large Hispanic communities in he loses.

Hilary will win Texas, big state, lots of Hispanics, big business who trust her, and lots of delegates.

I wonder if Bill's been on the blower

Sky says 3 states....the Beeb 4 I love the media's accuracy

Obama was expected to win those, hence Hilary didn't do much campaigning in them. He's only winning the states with the least delegates in compared to Hilary who is winning most of the big ones.

Obama is basically winning the states full of blacks & white farm boys :D Any states with large Hispanic communities in he loses.

Hilary will win Texas, big state, lots of Hispanics, big business who trust her, and lots of delegates.
    What I dont get is that since last Tuesday...all the experts I have listened to have said they expect Clinton to go and just win, as you say, the big states and grind Obama down. But why has the betting turned around like this? Are they banking on Obama having the momentum now...I know they are saying he is raising miles more money than she is now.Somthing still tells me she is going to win it.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Well if it ends up with no clear winner it goes to the Conference around August, and I couldn't see a vote for anyone other than Clinton.

Well lets just hope that the get a president with a brain...a democrat :)

I Sometimes disapear from this forum, i dont know why

i often get board when i can't sleep - so fox news is a last resort :splapme

anyway no matter how bad politics is over here it makes me appreciate what we have over here. And thats saying something.

all the democrats seem to be is - black or woman, with bitching and no policies.
    and the republicans are just as bad. I was even appauled at what Romney had to say when he dropped out of the race for the candidates - saying how bad Europe was and how we have lost or way not having as much faith in god as the yanks do, even having a nasty dig at France,

out of the whole bunch Ron Paul (republican) is the only decent choice among them, yet lagging way behind without a chance.

That's another problem with US politics, especially on the Republican side, too much religeon in it.

Stallone for President, with Arnie as his side kick :) .....and Willis as the First Lady

Quote Originally Posted by thai-swe View Post
    Well lets just hope that the get a president with a brain...a democrat :)
    Any man under 30 who is not a Liberal has no heart, any man over 30 who is not a conservative has no brain!

Quote Originally Posted by presto
    out of the whole bunch Ron Paul (republican) is the only decent choice among them, yet lagging way behind without a chance.
    Indeed, but he'll never win given he is telling the electorate the truth, that they need to stop spending on things they don't need, with money they don't have and that they bear a measure of responsibility for looking after their own lives.

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

i saw a sketch on the $140b rebate, a while back which i thaught sumed up the current financial planning in the states (and here).

in which people were told that the downturn in spending was causing a recession, so the way out of the problem was to increase spending and dept like people were doing when times were rosy.
    the question was then posed - that wasn't that the thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    to which the response was yes...... but at least it buys us some time.

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I read that Obama has traced some family roots back to Ireland.

I know there's a lot of Irish American votes to be had, but this is taking things a bit far.

Not that I'm impressed with Clinton either mind you.

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    i saw a sketch on the $140b rebate, a while back which i thaught sumed up the current financial planning in the states (and here).

in which people were told that the downturn in spending was causing a recession, so the way out of the problem was to increase spending and dept like people were doing when times were rosy.
    the question was then posed - that wasn't that the thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    to which the response was yes...... but at least it buys us some time.
    Pretty much the whole problem, but throw in a healthy dose of inflation to the mix.

The Yanks have a Hobsons choice between a man who is still pissed off with the Vietnamese and has been videoed singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" but whose fiscal policies are better than the 2 middling Democrats who will improve American foreign policy (just by having a policy!) but will continue to try the fiscal stimulus economic nightmare.

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyforfun View Post
    Pretty much the whole problem, but throw in a healthy dose of inflation to the mix.

The Yanks have a Hobsons choice between a man who is still pissed off with the Vietnamese and has been videoed singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" but whose fiscal policies are better than the 2 middling Democrats who will improve American foreign policy (just by having a policy!) but will continue to try the fiscal stimulus economic nightmare.
    Was it Yes Minister with that line? America's Foreign Policy is that they don't have a foreign policy.

I just hope it's a democrat this time as I think the world's had enough of the whole warmongering, fundamentalist christian thing for the time being.

The problem is the voting system is down to how many delegates each state has (hence the famous Florida battle) and you can pretty much count the south as republican before you start.

On a side note isn't this a basic problem with any election? How much does our vote really count. Depending on where you live it could count for bugger all. For example a conservative voter living in a labour stronghold (and vice versa) their vote is absolutely worthless as the conservative/labour candidate will win. Therefore your vote counts for absolutely nothing in regards voting 'your' party into government. Let's have a straight vote count winner, that would at least increase the interest!

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

You know out of the three, I would be happy with any of them compared to what is in The White House now. I would take McCain....hes not like Bush et al...in fact most of the christian conservatives detest him which has to be a good thing! :)

I hope Obama wins it as it would make it very interesting but I do fear for the bloke I tell you....I have a horrible feeling if he wins the presidency with the loons out there! Just hope he has good secret service around him!

Thread Information