Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy trader pro question.

pleased to help, i look for amounts of about £350 on the greyhounds and £2000-5000 on the horses but you get the better volatility on the greyhounds so would stick to them.

Also try american and australian horse racing as they portray similar charachteristics to the hounds.
    One thing i would say is that you should still be using some sort of wom % even if you are not breaking it down individually, also if you are configured to lets say 70% 20% 10% that is the same as using a large sum in the inner column but you would need to couple this with ageneral liquidty calcilation.
    did you implement the cell for insuring there is not too larger gap that i posted up ??

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Also try american and australian horse racing as they portray similar charachteristics to the hounds.
    i mentioned earlier i did try us horse racing, but i got caught out once when just after i opened a position, a micro-second later, the market got suspended and after the result came out, i lost after that i banned myself from that market

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    did you implement the cell for insuring there is not too larger gap that i posted up ??
    that, i have not tried. maybe those reds are coming from those odds without gaps?! you have any numbers for say 2 or 3 tick gaps? thx

yantz

the times are a bit bad with foreign horse markets so maybe best keep to greyhounds.

The ideal entry is without a gap between the prices because if there is agap of any significance it can bring your stop in too early.

If your stop is say 10 ticks then you could have a fairly genrous parameter for odds gap between the back and lay odds say up to 5 increments.
    If you state what your stop is then i'll post you up some code of what i feel is acceptable for your specific requirements

hey sc, my offset is at 10 ticks, trailing stop is set at 2 ticks

yantz

wow thats a close stop for these markets and i am suprised you have done well at this level especially if you are not ensuring there is no gap between odds.
    My personal greyhound set up is 30 tick ofset 5 tick trail stop but if you are enusring there is a decent sum to cause the breakout it helps things.
    I am currently looking to have around £300 in place to cause the move but i have it as fluid is i can by ensuring total volume of money is £300 or more with 80% on the lay side and that is shared 70 20 10 my gap calculation is thus.

=IF(((F6+0.001)/(G6+0.001))>95,1,)

this can be designated to a cell so that it only adds to the calculation if the gap is reasonable. I'll write asheet with
    the offset you have in it and add some other variables and see how it goes , i'll try and then send you it and you may get some useful stuff from it

Hi SC and yantz,
    All these very technical things you are talking about are just using Betangel with spread sheet, not using Easy Trade Pro, right?

the method is weight of money trading from the ETP manual but to be honest i would not reccomend it as their is not alot of money about and you would be better off forming ahorse trading strategy and trading manually like i suggested the other day .
    It is programmed in to bet angel via excel / vba but it is a lot to learn

cool i'll be waiting for your good result!

yantz

dont get me wrong, trading automatedly on greyhounds can be profitable but when you are just learning it is best to use high volume markets and formulate a manual strategy.
    If you do want any help on trading and programming low liquidity markets i'll give you some pointers as i will with all betfair trading but the place to start when trading is on the favs in horse races .

Thread Information