Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Joey Barton released from jail.

Joey Barton released from jail.

Having heard that Keegan is going to give him another chance, we now hear that Barton has been released after serving just 2 months of a six month sentence!!
    I know that people can generally only serve half their sentence if they behave themselves, but what kind of Justice system have we got when thugs get released after serving 33% of their sentence?

He was given an early release of his early release

Obviously he's not a threat to society according to the government :wink

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Not forgetting the fact that he also got off with a suspended sentence for a similar offence. As for Keegan saying a second chance. Second? What about the stubbing out a cigar in a youth team player's eye before these two assualts? I make that a fourth chance now.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Yep...its a joke...Keegan is a if he thinks this will work. IN any other work, he would be sacked but because someone would take him then for nowt...they have to keep giving numerous chances. Someone like Barton cant change, there is always going to be someone who gets under his skin and he'll have to use violence, lets see how long it takes....

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

hope next time he loses it with some big handy bloke like big c
    but probably be another young lad who poses little threat

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

silax is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

the only solution is for the FA to ban the guy from playing you can't expect Newcastle to do that if they did he'd just go and play for another club.
    so what do you do with him.
    like i say if newcastle boot the guy out he could end up at your club there would certainly be a que of managers after him with harry rednapp leading the chase there is no loyalty or honour in football just newcastle buying this idiot for 6 million quid I'd be happy to see him leave my club but after a 10 million investment if you include his wages which business would pour that money down the drain let alone give it to a competitor for nothing.
    so will the fa ban him no nothing to do with them its a civil offence and i think young Joey would proberbly sue them if they did.

What they should do is ban him until he has completed the time he was actually sentenced for, not the time he was in prison......haven't Newcastle still been paying his wages as well?

I would imagine Keegan is under orders from up above.

Something like, keep him on the straight and narrow for a season, and then we can flog him to recoup some of our losses!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

yes as far as i'm aware they have i guess if they didn't he would be able to null and void his contract and negotiate a new deal elsewhere pocketting a few million signing on fee in the process.
    only one way out for newcastle and thats what vegy says

maybe its a set of different circumstances but it makes me sick to think this scum bag can walk straight back into football and get on with his life and whatever he earns a week likes nothing happened and yet Chambers is hounded from pillar tp post for taking a few drugs.

Now don't get me wrong i don;t think Chambers should represent the Uk but there's something very imorale going on here..

Football doesn't have any morale's......they still allow slavery!!!

i see nike have withdrawn there 40k a year sponcership with him now all they have to do is withdraw there use of slave child labour in Pakistan and they will be real good eggs

You call it slave child labour.....but they don't. It is normal culture in that part of the world. They learn from an early age to support the family, and everyone of them I know, have all grown up and lead happy lives, with respect and family values.

Look at the youngsters in Western culture.....they have human rights....and what does that equal? Thugs, hoodies, knives....etc....and don't give a toss about anyone, not even family.

its good to see you support this kind of thing personally i don't so i guess we will have to disagree on this one and i guess nike have got there good advertising out of joey the thug and saved a little cash into the bargain.
    i would say by xmas if he's kept his nose clean he will have another sponcer for his boots

Quote Originally Posted by silax View Post
    i would say by xmas if he's kept his nose clean he will have another sponcer for his boots
    Doc Martens would be a good one :D

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

looks like the fa are going to ban him for a few games don't really see the point of that he's still gonna be getting paid i doubt weather any of his package is geared up on appearence money. If they want him out of the game ban him for life and have it done with just another toothles jesture to make the fa look good. I'm sure there are loads of players having bust ups in training there was certainly a fair few going on when i used to play and come to think of it quite a few on the field as well used to play for a pit village team and that was licsenced brutallity at times.

How long did Cantona get for that kick? And yet they say Barton will only get about 8 matches for putting folk in hospital

how long did that big welsh bloke hartson get for his bust up in training.
    i don't thin you can compare cantona to barton though cantona wasn't really a thug was he. i'd be happy to see him banned for life. will prison have got his brain working well only the future will tell. if i was him i'd be paying a guy to keep me out of any action of that kind cos lets face it there's gonna be a que of people trying to ignite his spark whenever he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by silax View Post
    how long did that big welsh bloke hartson get for his bust up in training.
    i don't thin you can compare cantona to barton though cantona wasn't really a thug was he. i'd be happy to see him banned for life. will prison have got his brain working well only the future will tell. if i was him i'd be paying a guy to keep me out of any action of that kind cos lets face it there's gonna be a que of people trying to ignite his spark whenever he's out.
    I agree with that ban him for life make an example out of him and maybe it would send out a message to all footballers who think their above the law due to the money they earn that if they cross the line they will be kicked out.

Thread Information