Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Maidens are favourite

Maidens are favourite

Hi playmates.

I have a lot of time for this site. It is consistent, fair, responsive and low on insults!

I have been studying maidens, both 2yo and 3yo and older and am experiencing some success :wink after paper betting for several months.

Is there anyone else with a similar interest who wants to compare notes?

Cheers

Steve

PS I never back just because of the name BUT my wide's father is called Mr Burton and I just had to have £5 ew on it and was absolutely dancing when it came in third, running on at 200/1. Anyone else back it?

Maidens are probably the easiest kind of race to make money out of, especially early-mid season. The last 2 months you get strange ground, and the big yards muddling up the markets.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks Keith. Why would you say that maidens are pronanly the easiest races to make money at? I have found that, despite favourites being short prices, many of them win, specially in 3yo maidens? Have you got stats to prove this?

What sort of variables should I focus on?

Thanks

Steve

Does anyone know why the RP never lists the speed ratings TP of horses at any of its courses? This is pretty frustrating if its one of the variables, which it is in my case.

Thanks for any reply

Steve

The easiest to make money on for me, but not easy to make money from I should have said!

No.1 variable is form. If it hasn't run previosuly, it stands high statistical chance of not winning. Apart from the end of the season when the well bred from the top yards start appearing.

You don't get TS speeds in maidens as they have to have run 3 times to get one.

You do get stop speed on RP online on all UK maidens but not Irish maidens. It appears that a high percentage of favourites win and an even higher in 3yo + maidens. This appears to be conirmed by RSB

Thanks for the note on late season horses.

They don't give ratings if they haven't run .....if they do they are cleverer than I give them credit for :D

Early season, some trainers do very well with 2yo's

Thread Information