Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: New Power Plant

New Power Plant

So let me get this straight....

The last few years the government have banned light bulbs, upped car tax on polluters, thrown in fines for recycling, and numerous other 'green' issue and taxes, and what little we've all managed to save they now give permission for EON to build a coal powered plant!!! :splapme

Well Mr Brown, and all government, you can now and shove a bulls up your while I on you. :D

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    you can now and shove a bulls up your while I on you. :D
    Isn't that your usual 'order' on a Saturday night anyway Keith?

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I dont believe all the hype about human forced global warming, we need to develop an alternative to oil at some point in the not too distant future, but all this extra tax when there are no alternatives in place is bullshit.

take a look at this, this gives the other side of the argument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbetSK3tJmo

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    I dont believe all the hype about human forced global warming.....
    It's not hype, it's happening FACT.

I think you are doing what most folk do and confuse it with 'Climate Change', which although linked is a different subject altogether.

Human linkage to Climate Change has been proved beyond reasonable doubt by the IPCC and reatified every country bar Saudi (as they have oil!!). The IPCC work on the scientific proven experiments & reports from 10,000's of independent scientists from all over the world, even those funded by the oil/gas industry.

So those who do not understand it need to educate themselves on the solid scienfitic proof (not the crap governments spout out!).

Look at Beijing. Smog chokes people, increase allergies, illness, but it also increases heat & humidity in that particular area. That is man made climate change you can see on TV today. When did we have smog before the industrial age?

I Disagree, I do not belive much of what the IPCC say, what you have spoken about is the localised man made pollution which will not effect the global climate, or if it does have an effect the effect will be so small it will be hadly measureable. The IPCC select which scientists to listen to so they can get the trends that fit their agenda- have you actually looked at the evidence on the other side of the fence- i.e long term historical data? Or have you just watched an inconvenient truth by Al Gore and decided that because he put across a good argument that is wasnt worth looking at the conflicting evidence? You have mentioned China- Did you know that china has recently had one of the coldest winters in recent history? - However i dont think that the pollution in the air in China is a good thing at all!

Since the year 2000 there has been no net warming trend of the planet at all. I am not saying that pollution does not have an effect on our lives, but as for humans forcing global climatic change (especially relating to C02) i do not think the evidence stands up at all!

I read ALL the relevant scientific reports from all scientists, and you will find those who disbelieve, are now in a very small minority, a most have come over to the belief.

You are talking about the 'government' IPCC reports, not what the IPCC actually says itself, and confusing climate change & global warming again.

You just have to look at what cloroflorocarbons done to the ozone layer in the 60's-90's to see how quickly man can cause serious damage to the atmoshpere.

As for long term historical data, I only have access to very accurate trends over the last 100,000+ years, from core samples, and then millions in rock strata to see what part per million of CO2 were in the atmosphere.

We already have major historical proof of what climate change does when CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere, and they are from meteor/comet stikes, and extreme volcanic activity like Toba.

Even all the scientists that Bush employs believe in the proof for climate change, they are just made to shut up or be discredited and put out of work. They are ready to come out the woodwork as soon as he has gone.

It looks like we will have to disagree on this one, I cant see human derived CO2 levels dropping anytime soon so i guess we will have to wait and see what happens, I would bet on an average global temperature decrease (from 1999 average globe temp) due to reduced sun activity over at least the next 5 years.

I respect your view even though i dont agree with it, so lets see what happens ;)

No evidence the 11 year Sun cycle has an effect on temperature trends. Based on past data it is less than 0.001%. We've had ice ages through the solar peaks & troughs.......and the next on is well overdue....so Pingu is upset :(

Just dont throw out all your jumpers! I think you are going to need them lol!

Burn more coal. You know it makes sense.D

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyminer View Post
    Burn more coal. You know it makes sense.D
    Yes, then we can pump the CO2 up your

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Yes, then we can pump the CO2 up your
    Helium would be better, then his farts would sound like Vegy's voice.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Thread Information