I finally decided to treat myself to a decent camera and ordered the Sony DSLR-A200 with lens kit for around £270 off amazon. Using the 'bought with' offer, I also picked up a memory card for it - which is arriving seperately (It's like waking up on Christmas morning to a remote controlled car and finding out that there are no batteries for it!!).

I decide that I'll probably need more than one card anyway and head off to Argos where I find the same camera in the catalog and check (and double check) that I have the correct memory card - at almost £60, I wasn't going to cock that one up.

Unfortunately, meetings all afternoon mean that I can't get back to my toy until I get home.

I even did the full reading of the quick start guide (I'm sure the full manual will be useful one day), and piece together all the necessary bits. Last thing to install is the memory card...

...which needs a Compact Flash adaptor :splapme

I now have to buy the adaptor because I can't even use 'fit for purpose' as an excuse to take the memory card back because it is a Sony card that is actually recommended for the camera!!