Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Poll: How much of the Olympics have you watched over the 3 weeks?

Thread: Did you watch the Olympics?

Did you watch the Olympics?

I must have watched no more than 10 minutes in the whole 3 weeks. It just doesn't fit inbetween horse racing, motor racing & football....

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I managed a few hours online - had to make sure the internet at work was delivering the right amount of Bandwidth to cover everyday use :wink

I kept up with the results now and again on the web, but never really saw much live action. I never find able to keep interested when there's so many events happening at once though. It's hard to keep up!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I had the text feeds going all the time I was at work, watched some events at lunchtimes in the pub and also via the BBC web streams so yeah, I saw at least some of it almost every day

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

It was pretty easy to keep up to date with Ireland's medal hopefuls - we had hardly any!

I lost €100 on Betfair on one of our boxers this morning when he got silver - only to find out that Paddy Power paid out on a win anyway in a goodwill gesture (and publicity of course).

Tada gan iarracht

What was the expectation like in Ireland going in to the games? How many medals were Ireland expecting/expected to get?

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

To be honest, we were not expecting too much. I think we were 6/4 to get a gold. Our best hopes were showjumping and boxing.

The showjumping went ti*s up and a few banned substances were found (even thought it was only a deap heat style product, perfectly legal at home - so there's a bit of controversy about that, which is a shame as horses is an area sport we should excel in).

The boxers done well with a couple of bronzes and a silver today. Kenny Egan's fight (silver) was an absolute joke though. The judges were giving the Chinese guy points for absolutely nothing. At one point, the two fighters weren't even touching, just sort of shadow boxing and a point went up. I know I'm biased (especially after losing €100), but it looked terrible.

Tada gan iarracht

a bit like keith - saw no more than 10 mins.

watched the swimming when we won gold, where she managed to catch something like 1m in the last 10m to win. (must have been a 1.01 loser )

and a russian woman break the world record with the pole vault - she was pretty fit

Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    and a russian woman break the world record with the pole vault - she was pretty fit
    Strange.....I watched that as well!!!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Watched pretty much all of it, whether live or highlights.

Even watched the water polo and handball finals yesterday morning - I love it !!

Even the synchronized was good , I found myself watching more as the Medal tally for team GB grew, must say I watched more sports this time than ever before, usually just the Pool / and Non track and field events in the past.

The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Got to update this when I have time please be patient ,thank you ,Open Forum...Total Lays......?Total Backs....?Hidden Forum Total Backs....?Total Lays......?

I tried my hardest to avoid it , but that wasn't easy everytime you put the news on they were talking about it.

'SOULMATES NEVER DIE'
    MySpace
    PHOTOS

I watched a lot of it as I was off work with gastrentr.....gatoenter...grasto...the sh!ts.:D

It's hard to have a battle of wits when your opponent is unarmed.

Thread Information