Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Betfair trading rooms

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Betfair trading rooms

Anyone visited any?

They've opened one in Ireland with all the high speed cables and the usual bells and whistles. Going down tomorrow to try it out. I know there's a few in the UK already, just wondering if anyone can offer advice if they've used them.

Tada gan iarracht

never heard of them. Are there many? Where can I find some info?

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Here's an article about the one I'm visiting:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hors...s-1484711.html

As far as I know, there's around 12 in the UK, but I don't know much about them or where they are.

Tada gan iarracht

I found this elsewhere....

Canary Wharf Sports Exchange
    165 Cannon Workshops
    3 Cannon Drive
    Canary Wharf
    London E14 4AS
    Tel 0207.5374505

Elite Bet
    381 Archway Road, London, N6 4ER
    Tel: 0208 341 5555
    £32 per day for a personal workstation. They have free parking 2 minutes away and are 2 minutes from a Tube station close to central London.

John Lovell Exchange Shop
    160 Greenway Road,
    Cardiff
    CP3 3PN
    02920 777707
    20 seats at £20 a seat

John Lovell Exchange Shop
    Cashes Business Park,
    Cashes Lane,
    Hollbrooks,
    CV1 4PB

Lymington Coast Betting Exchange,
    Gosport St.,
    Lymington
    SO41 9BE
    Paul Davies
    01590 671 904
    20 seats

In-Run
    107a Main Street,
    Crossgates, Fife,
    Scotland,
    KY4 8DA.
    Phone - 07890608980

SportsTraders
    21 kings exchange
    Tileyard Road
    Kings Cross
    N7 9AH
    Phone - 020 7700 4166

Ilford Exchange Betting
    1st Past the Post Bookmakers.
    102 Goodmayes Road,
    Ilford Essex.
    IG39UZ
    Telephone 0208 598 8064

Doncaster Sports Exchange
    Victoria Road
    Askern
    Doncaster
    South Yorks
    DN6 0AX
    Tel: 07876 457864 or 07894 833648
    12 Seats @ £25 per day

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I live about 30 miles from Doncaster so I'm going to pay it a visit.

There is a definite advantage to be gained. I went to Newmarket last weekend and was able to lay a horse for a place at 1.04 that had already dropped to 4th.

Thank god for Betfair mobile. I only made £50 but it paid for our course entry.

There was a Racing UK summariser there (he wasn't on TV that day) and him and two mates (who looked like they'd never seen a bath) were betting huge amounts in running. It was fascinating to watch the way they operated and they were fairly open about it too.

He told me that he goes racing every day and he decides what to bet on pre race judged on form and paddock looks (he picked three winners in the paddock 11/2, 11/1 and 3/1 - they all just looked like horses to me). Then he watches the race and uses his PDA to put in big in-running lays. He reckons the time lag is fairly significant so any regular racegoer can make a mint.

Good luck today Wayne.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

I was using my PDA years ago to bet in-running, the 4 seconds is a big margin, but although you can make good money, travelling to a different track everyday becomes a chore. Making money from gambling for me has to be enjoyable as it is a hobby, not a job.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I know what you mean but there must be some merit in it.

I suppose it depends on whether you want a hobby or a job.

My definition are:
    Job - Something you don't enjoy.
    Hobby - Something you do enjoy.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Hmm - after today I'm not sure which category racing falls into.

I'll be doing a proper write up this week so I'll post that up, but just to say I had a great time and came out on top.

I started off with €10 per race (betting in the final stages of in-running racing) just to get used to it.

After a few races I stepped up to €50. My absolute lower limit backing price was 1.10 but I got a few matched at much better prices. After two hours, I felt comfortable upping the ante, and from then on in, I used €100 as a backing stake (€100 liability when laying).

I'd one or two bets go against me but nothing too drastic as it was often easy to back the other horse too and accept a smaller loss than €100. I found the flat far more difficult than the NH, and the Irish racing seemed easier to make money than UK (although the liquidity was much lower on the Irish stuff).

After four hours, I walked away with €170. Considering it's €40 per day to use the room (first week is free), a decent profit of €130 was shown overall.

Not bad for four hours work, but I'm acutely aware that a few losing €100 bets can dig a deep hole and there are bound to be bad days.

It was pretty exciting stuff though, and after seeing the time delay, I'll never back in running from home again.

Tada gan iarracht

silax is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

so which satelites do they use then

Quote Originally Posted by silax View Post
    so which satelites do they use then
    It's just your normal SIS, like in a bookies.

Tada gan iarracht

By the way, I was in touch with SIS and they now offer services to non-bookmakers.

Not sure how much it is in sterling, but it's 8.5 thousand euro per year, so you'd want to be doing some serious punting to make it pay.

Tada gan iarracht

Last year it was £6k. It's a lot of money but if you cleared the £130 or so per day that you made then it would be well worth it, especially as your stakes would increase with all those winnings.

ok sis i am pretty sure you can get this baby at home for free with the right equipment will try and find out i know a mate who had it a few years back

yep i been speaking to my mate he's not sure now its gone digital but he's finding out for me should have a price worked out for you guys soon enough :)

Thread Information