Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Automatic Lay Software

topman is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Automatic Lay Software

Got emailed from a site advertising an automatic laying system, including their own software which places the lays. Based roughly on chasing a 1% daily profit by laying favourites.

Don't know if I can name the guy or his site but wondering if anyone else received a similar email and if there were any good/bad experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by topman View Post
    Based roughly on chasing a 1% daily profit by laying favourites.

I don't know about the service in question, but there's your keyword highlighted above... lay a couple of short priced faves that win in succession and you'll soon be up to massive bets just to get that 1% profit.... do you fancy risking thousands for a few quid? Even if they are being selective about which faves to lay I'm certain you could find yourself with losing runs heading for double figures.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Due to the overbet & comms on these bets that method of staking is much more risky than doing the same with Win bets on Favs.....just that you go broke quicker with the former.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

at least with backing horses on betfair you more or less get your commission paid for by the overbet so if you are going to chase losses it makes much more sense to back not lay (though applying sense to loss chasing is a science in itself)

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

If you want a quick check on a system being touted around you can do a lot worse than look at http://www.horseracingman.com/ to see what they say (if anything)

Nice one Matt

Looking at some of the systems he is not recommending, I would say he gives a fair account, as some of them are pushed as good on other review sites when they are clearly 50% - borderline performers.

So thanks for the link - big thumbs up from me

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    If you want a quick check on a system being touted around you can do a lot worse than look at http://www.horseracingman.com/ to see what they say (if anything)
    Bit of an eye-opener on there about one particular automated laying system. Well worth a look before committing to anything.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Bit of an eye-opener on there about one particular automated laying system. Well worth a look before committing to anything.
    Every time I get any of the umpteen e-mails I get each month inviting me to buy a system before I miss out and they raise the price I check to see if these guys have anything to say on it. It's saved me a good few quid I'd say.

I've made a few contributions myself, on BF Loophole and Simplex Trading systems.

I use onlinebettingexposed as well - they thoroughly test things too so you know you are getting impartial advice.

I can recommend avoiding a certain site run by Iain Lewington though as he gives his opinion without ever seeming to test anything.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Had a look at that 'horseracingman' site and it makes for mad reading. That's an extremely useful site and will refer to it in the future.

An approach I have adopted when I get an email about a new system is to have a read of the sales blurb and spot the scam - it's normally quite easy and the more systems you try this with the easier it gets. If I can't spot a scam I check the money back guarantee - is it unconditional or do I have to prove I didn't profit? If the latter I give the system the swerve. If the former, I may give it a go depending on how much it costs and how much time I have to follow/test it. Often though I will just wait to see what reviews come out, especially on the site I mentioned previously.

A lot of these system vendors will push the thing like mad in the first week and say the price will go up when they have sold X copies to preserve the profitability of the system. It's just a sales technique - ignore it. Wait for positive feedback on the system first.

This guy was very reasonable, for the unbelievable once in a lifetime offer of £185 per month!

This guy was very reasonable, for the unbelievable once in a lifetime offer of £185 per month!
    Oh it's him. Right. Yeah, bargain!

Mathare,

I know all you guys say 'never chase a loss' but are there any of those SAW approaches that are recommended?

I'm one of the many that can't be at a PC all day (nor do I really want to) and would love to be able to pick a few selections in the morning, place my bets via some BOT or other, with the caveat that it would stop and not place the remaining bets when I hit a winner?

Looking for too much?

I'm one of the many that can't be at a PC all day (nor do I really want to) and would love to be able to pick a few selections in the morning, place my bets via some BOT or other, with the caveat that it would stop and not place the remaining bets when I hit a winner?
    I'm one of those that can be at a PC all day (have to be usually) but it's for work rather than gambling purposes so I put all my bets on at lunchtime and then update the spreadsheet with the results later on.

Would you be able to do that? Or even put the bets on in the morning?
    Why do you want to stop at a winner? I have never understood this approach...

I've never got SAW either. To me it actually makes more sense to chase losses than SAW. If you chose ten horses and the first won then it's the end of the day. What if you missed out on 5 other winners - you'd be gutted.

...or the first won....and then the other nine did....then a losing run of 50 the following day

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information