Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: arbing between exchanges

arbing between exchanges

Hi,

I am quite new to using software for betting so i am wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers as to if any of the following is possible with software available?

(1) would it be possible to automatically compare betting exchanges and bookmakers looking for identical or arb opportunities?

Then if possible automatically place them too?

(2) Have software that automatically looks for arbs on and between betting exchanges ? Also if possible place them too

(3) Software that would identify 'steamers and drifters' on exchanges (set between certain parameters) and then automatically bet on them and then lay them if reduce to create an arb

(4) if any of the above exist what are the potential pitfalls?

ANy help is much appreciated?

1,2,4) Value Horse Finder (VHF)
    This is arb software, and works very well, and can make you good profits, however (always one them eh? :) ), when arbing you need numerous betting accounts (20+), and to make worthwhile profits, at least a couple of thousand in each.

3) You can get this info on Oddschecker, and other sites.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

For me arbing sounds great but has too many risks and downsides associated with it. As Keith says, you need accounts with just about every bookie and exchange going, and to keep a good level of cash in each of them. And with most arbs you're looking at making only a percent or two so you need to be betting big to make it worth it. Win big with some bookies and they will limit you or shut you down, making arbing harder.

Automated arbing is also complicated by the need to shift money around between accounts. Suppose you set it all up and then go out to work for the day. At 10am the software finds an arb opportunity. It backs it with the bookie and lays it off with the exchange. It loses so you're bookies account is empty (or nearly empty). At 11.30am the software finds another opportunity with the same bookie. Only now you don't have the cash to exploit it as it all went on the first arb. The cash is in your exchange account and you're at work and unable to transfer the funds to the bookie. Oops.

If I had the funds available for arbing I can think of plenty of things I'd rather do with them. Most of the time you have several grand sat around in the bookies earning them interest - not my idea of a smart investment

Thread Information