Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: League One Betting: Relegation not an option for Orient

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post League One Betting: Relegation not an option for Orient

Heartbroken Alan Dudman wishes Martin Ling well as managerial casualty number 11 strikes. But, though relegation may be inconceivable for the Os' chairman, our man isn't so sure. Meanwhile, with a whipped cream trifle in midfield it's worth backing Leicester to prevail over Huddersfield... even at odds-on.

I am heartbroken, doubly heartbroken to be precise. Talk about kicking a man when he is down.....this week Martin Ling got the sack at Leyton Orient, then a few days later I found out that Georgie Thompson is dating Dec.

Woe, woe, woe is me.

Following the O's defeat against Bristol Rovers last Saturday, it came as no shock to find Ling gone by Monday. That makes him managerial casualty number 11 of the season, and I reckon there will be a few more to follow before the campaign is out.

It was sad to see Ling go as he was the man who achieved the promotion they were desperately craving. A top bloke and a very good coach, I'm sure he'll be back in a job soon.

Orient are [1.62] to go down. Relegation is not an option for Martin Hearn, it will be interesting to see who he goes for in the coming days and weeks. I certainly wouldn't be laying at that price.

And then I opened up a tabloid on Wednesday only to discover that the beautiful Ms Thompson is dating Declan Donnelly. All my dreams up in smoke.

Apparently she loves his humour and has told friends he is a real charmer.

I can charm! I can be funny. Georgie listen to this: I bought a pair of tortoise skin shoes on Tuesday, the sales assistant asked if I wanted a bag, I replied no and decided to put them on straight away and walk home wearing them...... it took me 13 hours. And I am taller.

Leicester City [1.65] versus Huddersfield Town [6.20]

I seem to mention Leicester a fair bit in recent articles, and having watched them on Monday night during the live Sky game, they remind me of a Burt Reynolds...mean, mean, mean machine.

Manager Nigel Pearson was a no-nonsense defender in his day and his stamp can be found all over the Foxes' backline.

However it is in midfield they have a gem of a footballer. His name is Mark Davies and he was different mustard altogether against Yeovil. In fact, my old team-mate 'Psycho' always used the term 'fruit salad' when he saw a top player. Davies would be a trifle with whipped cream.

By the way, Psycho was not particularly hard, he just liked to arrive at games dressed in his mother's clothes.

Anyway, Davies is a lovely player, and when he is in the side - Leicester do not lose. Fact (not mind games).

Huddersfield are going really well of late under new boss Lee Clark. Another young manager who is sure to do well in the division.

They've just signed athletic left-back Dominik Werling from the mighty Erzgebirge Aue (of Germany), and are in cracking form themselves with only two defeats in their last 11 games.

But the price of a Leicester win is crazy at [1.65] given that they are [1.40] to win the division. I don't like getting involved in odds-on shots, but even this price represents value.

And as Leicester have conceded only three goals in seven games, it gives us a nice base to have a go at the correct score markets.

Recommendations:

Back Leicester to win [1.65]
    Back Leics win 1-0 and 2-0.

Southend United [2.06] versus Yeovil [4.10]

For all Southend's FA Cup glory over two legs against Chelsea, they are not faring well in the league.

Boss Steve Tilson has been dealt a nasty hand of cards this week following the news that Alex Revell has broken his leg and is out for the season, and Dougie Freedman has picked up a thigh injury.

They have been light up front for a while and have struggled to find the back of the net. Tilson will be beavering away in the current transfer window trying to add some new faces before Saturday.

I had a good look at Yeovil on Monday against Leicester, and they didn't play too badly. Quite organised and solid but I wonder where their goals are going to come from.

They've just signed a young midfielder from Leicester called Lee Cox, but Yeovil's squad is wafer-thin. Slade could do with some good old-fashioned, no-nonsense, hard-nosed pros (admittedly against my fancy-dan principals).

Probably not a game for the pursists as goals are fewer than friends for Robinson Crusoe, but I expect Southend to nick it after playing well against Orient in midweek.

Recommendations:

Back Southend to win 1-0, 2-0
    Back under 2.5 goals

Bristol Rovers [2.62] v Colchester [2.88]

These two teams met in October, and Colchester shaded it 1-0. Fast forward a few months and the Us have enjoyed a fine run under new boss Paul Lambert, and are one of
    the form sides in the division.

Following the recent 3-1 drubbing of Cheltenham, the Essex boys are beginning to put a tasty run together. They've won four of their last six (undefeated), and have conceded just three goals in five games.

I like the playmaker Mark Yeates, who is always looking for a killer pass. But their central pair in midfield of Dean Hammond and Kem Izzett should win the game for me on Saturday.

In short, Colchester are far better under Lambert whilst Rovers have stagnated.

Paul Trollope has seen 'the Gas' win just once in their last 10 games...and that was against the struggling Orient. Whilst leading scorer Rickie Lambert seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Colchester are looking good to me this weekend, it bodes well too as the Ladies team beat Assandun Vikings 17-0 in this week's Essex County Cup. And they described the Vikings as 'spirited' on the website!!!

In the words of Lex Luthor: "The more risk you take, the more loot you make."

Recommendations
    :

Lay Bristol Rovers [2.62]
    Back Colchester to win 1-0 and 2-0

More...

Jesus Christ it gets worse.

Mangerial casualties don't strike. Ling become casualty number 11 but there is nothing to strike.
    Different mustard?
    What are pursists?

If these articles are submitted for approval the sub-editors need a proper rocket up them

At least Orient get a mention!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

pete50 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

If Orient want to ensure relegation they should knock on Aidy's door. (They'll go bust as well!)

Quote Originally Posted by Win2WinRSS View Post
    Relegation is not an option for Martin Hearn
    I'm sure it's not an option for Barry Hearn either! :)

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    I'm sure it's not an option for Barry Hearn either! :)
    I didn't think that sounded right :splapme

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I didn't think that sounded right :splapme
    Did they sack Barry Ling perhaps? :D

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

None of it makes sense to me...in fact I didn't know we had other leagues!!!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Who's Orient ?

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Thread Information