Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Betfair Reduction Factor

Smile Betfair Reduction Factor

Hi guys

Is there anybody out there tell me how the reduction factor on Betfair works?

I want to know so I can include any reductions on my spreadsheet.

If there is a reduction of 10% and my commision is 5%, will it be basically the same as a 15% commision reduction or is deducted after the commision is taken?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackster109 View Post
    Hi guys

Is there anybody out there tell me how the reduction factor on Betfair works?
    I'm not sure Betfair know that one either!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by jackster109 View Post
    If there is a reduction of 10% and my commision is 5%, will it be basically the same as a 15% commision reduction or is deducted after the commision is taken?
    Nope, it will be completely different.

The reduction applies to the odds taken and may not be exact. The reduction factor is based (I think) on the amount of money matched on the withdrawn runner. So if the withdrawn runner is near the head of the market there is likely to have been quite a large percentage of the total amount matched on the market gone on this runner so the reduction percentage will be larger than for a longshot. Suppose the reduction is not a nice round number like 10% but is 8.73% instead. You've been matched at 6.4 on a runner before the reduction so after the withdrawal your odds are probably going to be around 5.84, not an exact reduction from your original odds as 8.73% of 6.4 is 0.55872 and Betfair don't work to more than 2 decimal places.

Once you've got your new odds then you can apply your commission factor to any profit made on that market.

Not entirely sure why you're asking what you're asking but I would say that trying to build the reduction factor into the spreadsheet is asking for trouble. If you asked for 6.4 and got 5.84 due to reductions just change the price in your spreadsheet to 5.84 and be done with it. What else are you going to do with the reduction information? It's not something you have any control over so it's not like you can look to minimise it in the future, for example. In which case why record it and not just the new odds?

cheers Mat

I didn't realise that reduction applied to the odds, I thought it was more like a Rule 4 with the conventional bookie.

If thats the case than I will changed the odds like you suggested.

Thread Information