Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Dutching 3 In A race

Dutching 3 In A race

Hi guys

I'm currently looking into the idea of dutching the top 3 in the market when they are the obvious market leaders.
    For Example:

Horse 1 - 7/4
    Horse 2 - 5/2
    Horse 3 - 7/2

Horse 4 - 8/1

Is anybody else running something similiar to this or has done so in the past.

I'm interested to here peoples views or experiences on this.

Cheers

Dutching is good for moral, as it gives you a higher SR, however it is much more complicated in producing long term profits than the idea you mention. You have to be just as selective as any other Win/Lay selection process.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks, I could use a system such as 3rd in the market is 5 points ahead of the 4th, 2 - 7 runners but I suppose that it will be a bit of a bugger to research using past results.

Another idea I've been toying with is dutching the Fave and 2nd Fave in certain races with 2-7 runners.

However, I can't go on the past data that I have as its is based on the SPs and as we know the betting market before the race fluctuate's, and the horse who I backed may end 3rd fave at the off. To combat this I was thinking of using the Racing Post's forecasted prices but don't have the means to research that.

Do you think that is avenue worth pursuing?

Thanks

I think you should be a tad more subjective than market position and price difference between horses. There is a very small margin on dutch bets and you need adecent angle to make it worthwhile.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

You would only be looking at 1-3% ROI over the long term, pretty much the same as laying, as technically it is similar. And it can take a few hundred live bets to see if you have an edge at all.

Using just the prices is restricting you, as form plays just as much a part.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information