Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Help with making a spreadsheet!!

Help with making a spreadsheet!!

Hi guys,

I have been silently reading the forums for some time and i think it's great. I have finally joined up to join your community, so i look forward to some good discussion :)

I am just posting as i am wanting to keep better records of my betting activities! I am absolutely hopeless at setting up spreadsheets to do what i want. Basically i am asking if anyone would be kind enough to knock me up a spreadsheet or give me an idea of where i could get one?

I don't want anything too complicated but would like it if i could put in my bets and the stake at the price (fractions) and it automatically updates the profit or loss and maybe runs a performance graph with strike rate, roi etc..??

I obviously don't expect someone to do it for free and would bung them a few quid for theyre trouble!! but i have been trying for the last 3 months reading all the step by step guides but i just cannot do it!!

I do simple win or ew bets on horses and use traditional bookmakers and i usually just put down date, time, track, horse, price taken, bookie used, sp, profit or loss, and running profit.

If somebody can help? please reply?

cheers again

sts

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I've gotten plenty of help here over the years so it's only fair I give some back.

Try the attached spreadsheet out. I've filled in some sample horses but you can delete them out. I'm not great with excel but it should be enough for what you want.

Here's what goes in each column:

Date – Enter the date
    Time – Enter race time
    Track – Enter track name
    Horse Name – Enter horse name
    Price – Enter price. You can enter the price in fractions and it will convert it automatically.
    Stake – Enter stake
    Win or E/W – State whether the bet is win or each/way
    Total Stake – Enter the total cost of the bet (if it’s each-way, it will be double the stake entered in column F)
    Bookmaker – Enter bookmaker name
    Position – Where the horse finished.
    Won/Placed – Type in whether the horse won, placed or lost. The colour will be added automatically.
    Profit/Loss – Enter how much you won/lost on the bet
    Running profit – this calculates the ongoing profit. To update it, click on the last box with a number in it. Click on the right hand side of the box and drag down.

Totals – these will update automatically
    Bets – Number of bets
    Wins – number of wins (when you have a winner, you need to type in ‘win’ to column K for this box to update).
    Win Strike Rate – Your win percentage
    Profit – total profit on all bets
    Total staked – total amount bet
    ROI – Return on investment.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Tada gan iarracht

Wb thats very kind of you, thanks. I have clicked the link to the spreadsheet but it says that i cannot download the spreadsheet as my account does not have enough privileges? Any ideas on how i can get it? Thanks again mate.

I am having trouble with posting replies. I have posted back but it's not appearing? i cannot seem to download it as my privileges aren't enough? any chance you could email it or let me know how to get more forum privileges?

cheers again for your help!!

You need to be around the forum for longer and be more active to have the necessary privileges I think. Be patient - it will come :)

oh i see! i'll just have to make do with my pen and paper lol!!

Thanks anyway wb.

I've uploaded Wayne's spreadshet to my yousendit account and if you check your yahoo email address in a few minutes that you registered with you'll have a download link for the file

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTheStars View Post
    I am having trouble with posting replies. I have posted back but it's not appearing?
    That'll be the automated moderating software. It is in place to protect the members from spammers. You have probably posted enough to be able to post straight to the forum without them being moderated now.

So, welcome to the forum proper! :)

cheers, thats great. thanks so much guys!

Always nice to see new faces who aren't spammers!

So, welcome to the forum STS. :) Hope you find your spreadsheet useful.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Hi John,

Thanks and yes the spreadsheet was just what i was looking for. Thanks again wb

Looks like theres plenty of knowledge on here so i'll look forward to some good discussion and advice.

sts

Thread Information