Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: BT - I should be able to sue

BT - I should be able to sue

I have had BT forever and have always been really happy with the service.

Until last night that is.

I was playing 4 double or nothing tables on Poker Stars (thanks to John and Mathare - found a goldmine) when my Firefox screen came up with a message saying there was a problem with my account and as of 9pm my broadband was suspended.

Now, I am sure that like most of you gamblers on here, my phone bill is just about my most important debt to pay off every month, so I know it is always up to date.

Anyway, the message flashed up at bang on 9pm, so that was me F*^$$d for the night.

It also said to contact them between 8am and 9pm so I couldn't even ring them.

I got up this morning, knew I couldn't log on to T'interweb so decided to change some of the tunes on my Ipod. I switched on the laptop to get Itunes opened up and lo and behold it logged me into Messenger. Now I am no computer geek but that means the internet is working, hence my broadband is working.

I don't know how much money I would have won in those tourneys I was playing but I can have a good guess based on past history and I damn well know how much money I lost.

Anybody else ever had similar issues or have any ideas what, if anything, I can do about lost "revenue".

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Erm....how would BT flash up a message on the screen unless you had a BT Message plugin installed in Firefox?

It is either a virus you have, or more likely in the heat of the moment you've taken the message out of context, and it was a problem with Poker Stars.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Even if the loss of service was specifically down to a mistake by BT, it would be nigh on impossible to sue for 'speculative gains' unless you could prove that this was a source of income directly related to your business. This would also mean that you would have to be using a BT Business package. Most broadband packages will only offer a refund of pro rata service costs after a loss of service of more than 24 hours - and this is often so little that it isn't worth the effort of pursuing if they don't automatically deduct it from future billing.

I'm also with Keith on this one - it looks like there may be virus activity. Download and install Superantispyware and run a complete scan. If it finds anything nasty, you should start changing any 'critical' passwords (i.e. online banking, Poker logins etc) and keep a close eye on any accounts you have used cards online. If you suspect any cards may have been compromised, contact them and get new cards issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Erm....how would BT flash up a message on the screen unless you had a BT Message plugin installed in Firefox?

It is either a virus you have, or more likely in the heat of the moment you've taken the message out of context, and it was a problem with Poker Stars.
    Should have explained that my wife was using her laptop and my son was using his PC and all three of us got the message and were all cut off.

I am assuming it was an error their end but it really peed me off and I just needed a rant this morning.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Did u get my email ??

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

It would have been a Windows Networking error that mentioned BT, which I guess is the service name Windows know it buy. It could have been broadband down for a bit, the router/network having a hiccup.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeit View Post
    I was playing 4 double or nothing tables on Poker Stars (thanks to John and Mathare - found a goldmine)
    They're good aren't they. Bit boring after a while though, no? I find I'm just folding everything most of the time, super super tight. Often I try to be the aggressor early on though, so I can afford to sit back towards the bubble with a healthy stack when there are 6-7 remaining. Pressing forward early on certainly does the trick, and often if you lose a chunk you can blind steal quite easily, since people are very reluctant to call.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

I got very bored of the double or nothings. I much prefer a normal STT

Me too. But if you're good at the DONs, they're a good way to make money. Might have a blast at them this weekend.

Edit: Played 9 "double or nothings" this evening @ $20 a pop. Doubled in 7/9 bringing in a profit of (I think) just over $83. Don't mean to gloat, at all, my point is that if you'd never mentioned them in your initial post Nick, I'd never have played them! So thanks! :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Me too. But if you're good at the DONs, they're a good way to make money. Might have a blast at them this weekend.

Edit: Played 9 "double or nothings" this evening @ $20 a pop. Doubled in 7/9 bringing in a profit of (I think) just over $83. Don't mean to gloat, at all, my point is that if you'd never mentioned them in your initial post Nick, I'd never have played them! So thanks! :)
    Repeat after me this well known phrase - F!"* Off.

Actually, I rang BT yesterday and they said that it was them - now wait for the reason.

My account is paid by using their recurring debit card system. My old debit card ran out at the end of July so when they tried to take the payment they realised the details were out of date so suspended the account.

However, something/someone in their system realised that I was actually £63 in credit, as I over pay every month, and therefore no need to cut me off, so the Broadband was restored at 6 AM yesterday.

I asked them why they didn't just contact me about the card details - apparently, it was a system error their end and I should have been contacted in June.

Anyway, everything is sorted now but I am still $80 out of pocket and have NO chance of ever seeing that again.

Fortunately, I layed the draw in the test match which will get most of that back.

SC - I did get your email thanks but ... I went out yesterday to Diggerland with the kids (last minute thing) so didn't get it till I got home at about 5:30.

Thread Information