Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: All over for Murray?

All over for Murray?

He's two sets down to Cilic. I'm not watching so don't know how well or otherwise he's playing

Already a break down in the third

The other guy is playing out of his skin but Murray isn't playing that well, just being overpowered. Not sure what is wrong, he had 2 break points for the first set and then lost 7 games in a row I think. He's turning into a typical British tennis player!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I saw up to 5-5 in the first and then switched off. He was playing OK at that point so I was surprised to see him lose it 7-5 and then the second set 6-2

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I saw up to 5-5 in the first and then switched off. He was playing OK at that point so I was surprised to see him lose it 7-5 and then the second set 6-2
    I am not sure if he is injured Mat or just being outplayed, rarely seen him get a beating like this though in recent times anyway. This is probably his best chance of a major as well isn't it...on this surface?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Not his best chance of winning any more - out in straight sets (7-5, 6-2, 6-2)

Seems to be his wrist but looked more than that to me....just didnt look right. The more you see of him though, the more of a defensive player he looks. It ain't happening playing this way anyway at the moment in the slams.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    The more you see of him though, the more of a defensive player he looks.
    I don't watch much tennis, not even the slams really, but I did think in the first set that all too often Murray seemed to be knocking it back to Cilic who would power it back. It seemed as though Cilic was making the running almost entirely, except for occasional Murray power serves

I hope that's as far as Cilic goes though - I have money on Del Potro (e/w) for this tournament

I don't watch much tennis, not even the slams really, but I did think in the first set that all too often Murray seemed to be knocking it back to Cilic who would power it back. It seemed as though Cilic was making the running almost entirely, except for occasional Murray power serves
    Yeah this is the criticism about Murray...much too passive a player. He is still a young lad so he has time on his hands and you do feel that he will get it right one of these 2 weeks. But does need to attack a bit more I reckon.

I hope that's as far as Cilic goes though - I have money on Del Potro (e/w) for this tournament
    Del Potro is a very good player, I think he will win a Gran Slam but not sure if it will be quite yet.

He is still a young lad so he has time on his hands and you do feel that he will get it right one of these 2 weeks. But does need to attack a bit more I reckon.
    His age can only be so much of an excuse though. Nadal isn't much older is he and has the mental strength to win grand slams

His age can only be so much of an excuse though. Nadal isn't much older is he and has the mental strength to win grand slams
    Yeah that is true, though Nadal was a bit freakish wasn't he- he seemed to go straight from a little kid into a bloke! It could be seen as a excuse really as by about 28 ,29 they are nearly finished these days arent they.

Unless Murray goes away for a while and works on his serve he will never win a major. He is by far the best player in the world at receiving serve but his own serve is really poor. He % of first serves is woeful and his second serve is slower than most of the top women's second serves.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

The majority of his errors were from his backhand, and his left wrist takes most of that force. You could see he was having problems with it as he kept flexing it throughout the match.

Good for him though he gracefully accepted defeat, and never blamed it on an injury, but I bet he'll be taking it easy for a few weeks.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I agree Keith - the point I was badly trying to make was that because his serve is so poor if there are any other weak points he will only be average. He relies so much on that backhand. If he had a serve like Nadal or Karlovic he could get through just on that against lower ranked players.

I've never understood the attraction of bestiality but looking back over my life it does appear as though I married a cow, lived with a moose, been out with at least 5 dogs and spent a lot of time being chased by whales.

Someone will be happy on holiday today. :) Nice pick Mat.

Pedro looked dead in 3rd set, while Feddy looked fresh, but at the end of the 4th he started making mistakes.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Someone will be happy on holiday today. :) Nice pick Mat.
    I only found out about it when I switched my mobile on halfway through my holiday and got a text alert from Blue Square telling me the bet had been settled. With that going my way and some good results in the Super League, especially on the season-long handicaps, it was a very profitable holiday

Thread Information