Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Mobile phone

Mobile phone

Not me recommending anything but asking you to recommend a new mobile phone handset for me.

What I want is a phone that will display proper web pages (not the mobile versions) and be 'current' for the length of the contract (likely to be 24 months) i.e. it won't be obsolete in that time so ideally should be quite new to the market.

I don't care much about music on my phone or it having a good camera as I don't use these features really. I use a phone for making/receiving a few calls and text messages and want decent internet access on the move.

I have my current handset (Samsung Blade) on a 7 day trial and at the minute I am really not sure about it but don't know what else there is out there on the market that will do what I want (for a price I am willing to pay - around £20/month).

HTC v1605 Does everything for me, and HTC has always been well ahead of all the others, in fact the previous version I got in 2004 still isn't out of date!

Newest version is http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/htc-magic

This is basically a laptop.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

The Nokia N97 is top dogs , internet is exellent and fast, has gps and all the usual add ons

Thanks, I'll have a look at both of those.

Having spent the last couple of hours playing with my Samsung I have worked out a few more bits on it but there are still a lot of bits I don't understand. Why do they make things so complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Thanks, I'll have a look at both of those.

Having spent the last couple of hours playing with my Samsung I have worked out a few more bits on it but there are still a lot of bits I don't understand. Why do they make things so complicated?
    That'll be US patents.......No make of phone can usually replicate another ones functions due to patents :splapme

Take the menu system on the Ipod....patented, so no other MP3 player can use it ....it's just a simple and basic menu

Nokia E71 is my latest, and is great.

Push email, internet, GPS and more.

I love it.

In way of advanced technology, and future proof you can't get better than these http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx

Some are renamed depending on the providor so you may find a 'Orange Hero'. The model I use is http://www.htc.com/www/product/tytnii/overview.html As it uses MS6, it is easy to Sync with a PC, and the GPS is very handy for trips abroad.

I've been browsing mobiles with a view to using one to place bets during the week. Budget constraints mean overlooking anything too fancy, and I was wondering if something like a Blackberry 8520 or HTC Wildfire would do the job ok. Other than using it to punt, I'm not one for using mobiles for anything other than calls or txt msgs.

Dont make the mistake that I did, I tried to save a few quid and bought an xda instead of an iphone. Its rubbish compared to an iphone- its worth the extra money for an iphone and maybe you could pick up a reconditioned unit or something as long as its an iphone3 or later u should do fine

I have no problem betting and watching the racing on the N8 as unlike the Iphone it has inbuilt Java.

Thread Information