Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: mick 56 bets

mick56 bets

update tue 26th jan sel lost -£25

bank= £682

mick56 bets

wen 27th jan kemp 7.40 Lisahane bog stake £25

mick56 bets

update wen 27th jan sel L -£25

bank=£657

mick56 bets

thur 28th jan war 4.0 Noun de la thinte stake £25

mick56 bets

update thur 28th jan sel L -£25

bank=£632

mick56 bets

mon 1st feb wolv 3.50 tuscan king stake £25

mick56 bets

update mon feb 1st sel lost

bank= £607

mick56 bets

wen 3rd feb kemp 8.0 stanley rigby stake £25

mick56 bets

update wen 3rd feb sel lost -£25

bank= £582

mick56 bets

fri 5th feb wolv 5.05 grey command stake £25

Hi Mick,
    Just had alook through this race and yours looks a good bet for me the only question is the jockey but the is more than offset by the fact that the rest or the runners are a terrible bunch.

coolnaharan will need the run as always seems to be the case after a lay off
    wavertree warrior rarely wins, has never ran at wolver , and has only won two aw outings from 33 attempts at 7 and 8f respectively

kings icon is marginally consistent under conditions but the weights are against him today

If there was an each way angle makintosh would be interesting ish off 53 over these conditions but with 7 runners that's a no no.

All considered i would definitely be with you on the fav good luck with it.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

mick56bets

Cheers mate agree your analysis two minds with but one thought!.even little fish are sweet at present!!!.

Yep this game don't get any easier does it ha ha ha ha ha ha

mick56 bets

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    Yep this game don't get any easier does it ha ha ha ha ha ha
    I sometimes feel that the more you think you no the harder it becomes!!!

In all honesty Mick i think in the last 3 years this game has become very hard indeed , i believe the markets are far more efficient now than they have ever been hence why i don't actively partake and it is harder now than ever.

I still like to have a look ecery once in awhile and will start following the races you pick and see what i think just for an interest

In all honesty Mick i think in the last 3 years this game has become very hard indeed ,
    It's not just the racing either - yesterday, google chrome refused to load the racing Post website, so I 've had to switch again but it all steals your time....

but this race, your selection Mich was the only one to make my spreadsheet but I couldn't suggest a bet as too many unknowns, two Irish raiders & quite fancy Saving Grace as the EW but not enough runners like SC says, good luck anyway...

mick56 bets

In all honesty Mick i think in the last 3 years this game has become very hard indeed , i believe the markets are far more efficient now than they have ever been hence why i don't actively partake and it is harder now than ever.

I still like to have a look ecery once in awhile and will start following the races you pick and see what i think just for an interest
    HI street cry i think this game has always been hard but not impossible my avg figs for past 3 yrs stand up against my long term avg.but i have stagnated since joining this challenge at the end of Nov .although i bottled it and reduced stakes,the actually LSP lose at the displayed BFSP is 6.67pts.My personal bets which are a level stake on the same horses are showing for this period a loss of 5pts as i managed to beat the sp on a couple of the winners.so not really the end of the world but not good for the result of two and a half months work .there have been a few near misses at the bigger prices and just one of those would have made the difference.But i am considering suing mr win2win for jinksing me should make an interesting case!.

Seriously i look forward to you taking an interest and reading your views,this was what i hoped would happen when i started this thread although i expected the results to be far better,but feel that i can still turn it round.

& now what? I didn't put them links in - how did they get there?

But I was going to say too... regards the AW, I'm thinking of throwing the form book out the window...

I've been following horses with first time headgear of late on the AW & there was one, Poppy Gregg 50/1 2nd earlier today but I almost tipped Free Falling, think it Monday, 150/1 3rd, because of the short odds of the favourite, Aaman, it opened the door for an outsider at a decent price, I just didn't notice in time that one of the major players was a NR, otherwise I would've posted it up.

I think there is a lot more value to be had in trying to predict when a horse is about to show improved form and first time headgear seems an indicator, rather than taking short prices about things that are vulnerable to something less exposed..........

AAAAAAAAAAaRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH, thinking again!

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    But I was going to say too... regards the AW, I'm thinking of throwing the form book out the window...

I've been following horses with first time headgear of late on the AW & there was one, Poppy Gregg 50/1 2nd earlier today but I almost tipped Free Falling, think it Monday, 150/1 3rd, because of the short odds of the favourite, Aaman, it opened the door for an outsider at a decent price, I just didn't notice in time that one of the major players was a NR, otherwise I would've posted it up.
    There she blows again, New Den, 2nd @ 20/s, Visored first time.

& I bet one of them at least will win next time out but you'll be lucky to get 3/1 about any of them!

mick56 bets

update fri 5th feb sel won 1.18 = +£29.50

bank = £611.50

Well done Mick

Keep plugging away Mick, I find winners usually come in clusters, it wouldnt take much to get you back on track and into profit

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    It's not just the racing either - yesterday, google chrome refused to load the racing Post website, so I 've had to switch again but it all steals your time....

but this race, your selection Mich was the only one to make my spreadsheet but I couldn't suggest a bet as too many unknowns, two Irish raiders & quite fancy Saving Grace as the EW but not enough runners like SC says, good luck anyway...
    Sorry Mick, I don't want to go off topic, but Godspot how do you find google chrome? better than firefox?

mick56 bets

sat 6th feb weth 1.15 Shadrack stake £25

Hi Mick ,
    Royal Flynn here for me to place if i was to play in this which i wouldn't do personally.

The fav is solid enough and in asimilar vein to yesterdays selection has any question marks against him namely mark and jockey offset by the lack of strength in depth.

My angle is the catterick run where royal flynn was close enough to shadrack to warrant closer inspection off more favourable terms today.
    I wont take the weights pull too literally but as royal flynn has actually got a reasonable place record with give in the ground and looks solid by comparison to most of these i'll take a place bet at 2/1.

Others of interest for me would be am i blue on handicap debut but couldn't really make asolid case good luck with shadrack !!!!!!

mick56 bets

Good Morning SC Shadrack is what i term a default bet in that it is not so much the case i can build for him winning but rather the case against the opposition,it might be considered silly to say that in an 18rn hcap you cannot see a danger but in this instance that is my thought.

Understand your concern about raise in OR and 5lb claimer but i am hoping these will work for me in producing a better than fc price,my main concern is the going because although he has won on soft,i have formed the opinion from the limited available evidence that he might prove better on slightly faster ground,but i would not put that up as an excuse if he is beaten.

I agree Mick i hope that the reason that this jock never won on shadrack from a good amount of opportunities is that the horse has improved in ability and not due to better recent jockey bookings.

This lot are poor Mick and i only really see the filly am i blue as a win danger as there are unponderables as to how good she may be in handicap company.

I do think that wherever the fav is royal flynn should not be far away and ordinarily i'd take an ew view at adble fig price but as this one has never won over obstacles it seems the win portion is a throwaway so place it would be lets see !!!!!!! and good luck with yours

mick56 bets

update sat6th feb sel lost - £25

bank = £586.50

mick56 bets

All right i have calmed down now,well done SC getting your place bet home,i was left feeling gutted,was calling mine the winner two out, and get done by one that has not run for two years and had no previous form.

The interesting thing to me about the winner is that bearing in mind the above i would have expected in this 18 rn hcap that he would have started at a much bigger bf and isp perhaps the win was not totally unexpected?.

Never mind i have got one under consideration for ling tomorrow, i sometimes think i should get a life, but you no even when things are going a bit tits up i bloody love this one!!!.

Unlucky Mick i can't claim the place on mine as i didn't back it and wouldn't have done so, would simply have been my decision in the race you chose if i had a gun to my head.

I look forward to your next selection i am gonna keep a paper record of the ones i decide upon just for abit of fun as i don't back horses anymore but this is good fun with the interest of someone else cheers SC

Thread Information