Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: mick 56 bets

27/4 both sel lost -£50

bank = £468.25

Don't get disheartened Mick, these losing streaks happen to everyone occasionally. No-one can win them all, and so losing streaks are just part of the game through chances and probabilities. It doesn't mean that you might be doing things wrong, method bets are also down to a certain amount of luck (which it appears you have been lacking lately) as are system bets, and as long as there are no long term change in trends luck should average out in the end

mick56 bets

Thanks BM your above ,good advice and much appreciated.Its certainly a testing period,but i do belive i will sort it,unfortunately its taking longer than i anticipated.

bryn is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hi Mick
    Are you placing real money on these selections or is it only mythical? You might be placing too much percentage of your bank on these selections. Had you be doing 2% to 3% of your bank things would not be looking so bad, and on the other hand if they would have been successful your bets would be bigger in sinc with the size of your bank. Keep your head up mate we all experience loosing runs.

Hi bryn,yes these are the only bets i have,my own stake is a level £400 on each,even now YTD i am only 2pts down so it is not a disaster.I work from 100pts bank,but with regards the challenge i did not allow myself enough chances at the start, lesson learnt there.
    But to be fair to myself i had not experianced a run like this for many years,and that is yet another lesson to be taken on board.These results are now begining to niggle away at my confidence,and if they continue i think i will take a break and just paper proof for a while,or reduce my stake, but hopefully it will not come to that.
    I have made a lot of money from the past few years,but it has been via the same approach and that is the factor that is of most concern.I am a great beliver that in racing you learn from your mistakes,but at present i cannot see the mistakes.

28/4 Pont 4.40 Beat the rush

stake £25

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    Hi bryn,yes these are the only bets i have,my own stake is a level £400 on each,even now YTD i am only 2pts down so it is not a disaster.I work from 100pts bank,but with regards the challenge i did not allow myself enough chances at the start, lesson learnt there.
    But to be fair to myself i had not experianced a run like this for many years,and that is yet another lesson to be taken on board.These results are now begining to niggle away at my confidence,and if they continue i think i will take a break and just paper proof for a while,or reduce my stake, but hopefully it will not come to that.
    I have made a lot of money from the past few years,but it has been via the same approach and that is the factor that is of most concern.I am a great beliver that in racing you learn from your mistakes,but at present i cannot see the mistakes.

£400 is quite a lot to stake with relatively few selections in the way that it doesnt leave much of a safety net in the event of long losing runs, but its obviously worked for you in the past, but it might be time to think a bit more conservatively on staking????? But of course its completely dependent on what kind of figures that you are comfortable with.

* of course its dependent on strike rate ROI and all that too, but being comfortable with what you are doing is the main thing

Hi BM,this is my first year on £400 unit and i am comfortable with this size of wager.I started several years ago with a 2k bank and £50 unit and have gradually been able to reinvest from profits accrued.
    I have often wished that i could achieve turnover via more bets and a lower stake,but for me this is not something i feel comfortable with.
    My way of looking at capital deployment is to attempt max gain with min risk to starting bank,on an annual basis.This has worked very well for me in the past,in fact still is because dispite this abysmal run i am only 2pts down ytd,so 98% of my starting bank is still secure.
    Basically during the past 5 months i have had to bite the bullet in ways which i did not really anticipate,but staking wise did allow for.As i posted yesturday i will probably give it another month,if things do not improve i will then consider reducing stake by 50% or stopping completely and just paper proofing for a couple of months.
    It is so strange the way things develop in racing,for at a time when i need quality not quantity i have identified 5 serious possibles for tomorrow !.

Hi BM,this is my first year on £400 unit and i am comfortable with this size of wager.I started several years ago with a 2k bank and £50 unit and have gradually been able to reinvest from profits accrued.
    I have often wished that i could achieve turnover via more bets and a lower stake,but for me this is not something i feel comfortable with.
    My way of looking at capital deployment is to attempt max gain with min risk to starting bank,on an annual basis.This has worked very well for me in the past,in fact still is because dispite this abysmal run i am only 2pts down ytd,so 98% of my starting bank is still secure.
    Basically during the past 5 months i have had to bite the bullet in ways which i did not really anticipate,but staking wise did allow for.As i posted yesturday i will probably give it another month,if things do not improve i will then consider reducing stake by 50% or stopping completely and just paper proofing for a couple of months.
    It is so strange the way things develop in racing,for at a time when i need quality not quantity i have identified 5 serious possibles for tomorrow !.
    but thats 5 opportunities to win, Sometimes I have days with more bets that makes me a bit nervous, but to reduce this means a case of deciding which ones to leave out so especially for me being a system better its just a case of going with the flow and accepting that 'on average' im comfortable doing what Im doing, so these daily blips don't bother me as much as they used to.

Now that you have explained in slightly more depth what you are doing, it appears that you know exactly what you are doing and the risks, so once again I will wish you luck both in the short term and long term, and lets hope it wont come to the point where you will need to paper bet or reduce the stake by too much. A few wins an this 'wobble' could soon be forgotten, its amazing how short our memories can be sometimes.

Hi BM theres nothing i can add to your above except thanks.

28/4 sel won 1.11 profit £27.75

Bank = £496

Well done Mick,loosing run over

mick56 bets

29/4

Redc 4.0 Haigh hall
    Folk 5.10 Mr hichens NR
    Brig 7.0 Granny mcphee
    Brig 7.30 Fault
    Hunt 8.10 Phare isle

stake £25 on each

29/4

Redc 4.0 Haigh hall
    Folk 5.10 Mr hichens NR
    Brig 7.0 Granny mcphee
    Brig 7.30 Fault
    Hunt 8.10 Phare isle

stake £25 on each
    good luck Mick, i hope you get your bank back soon, todays could help towards it :D

29/4

Redc 4.0 Haigh hall
    Folk 5.10 Mr hichens NR
    Brig 7.0 Granny mcphee
    Brig 7.30 Fault
    Hunt 8.10 Phare isle

stake £25 on each
    fingers crossed for the rest

mick56 bets

29/4 A lot of fuss over nothing,returning a profit of £6.50.

bank = £502.50

30/4 Don 2.30 Watch amigo stake £25

Hi Mick
    Great minds think alike today HOPEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by bryn View Post
    Hi Mick
    Great minds think alike today HOPEFULLY
    .... And me! I've got that horse as well!!!!!! so lets hope it will be a triple victory for us!

mick56 bets

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    .... And me! I've got that horse as well!!!!!! so lets hope it will be a triple victory for us!
    Well if we fail to get a decent price,i am going to blame weight of money from you two:)

Well if we fail to get a decent price,i am going to blame weight of money from you two:)

Back on track Mick

30/4 sel won 1.90 profit = £47.50

bank = £550

It did shorten a fair bit before the off.

Your moving in the right direction now Mick, pitty you did not take the 11/4 early price with any of the best odds guaranteed firms.

mick56 bets

HI bryn I cocked up there mate,because i placed my own wager at BFSP,i dont want to sound ungrateful but that was a ridiculous price for a 15rn hcap.

You did well with your 11/4,but i genuinely felt it would start bigger.

I suspect BM had 10k on.

mick56bets

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    Back on track Mick
    I bloody well need to be mate.At -14pts i have just logged my worst months results for the past nine years.

My YTD results are + 0.97pts,so with a third of the year gone it is like starting all over.A great deal of work for £388 profit.:splapme

I cocked up there mate,because i placed my own wager at BFSP,i dont want to sound ungrateful but that was a ridiculous price for a 15rn hcap.

You did well with your 11/4,but i genuinely felt it would start bigger.

I suspect BM had 10k on.

Ha Ha, I wish!!!

I have to admit that I had it on BFSP too as I had thought that it was a bit short earlier on too, I didn't see the race but I suspect that he must have looked tip top and well prepared just before the off.

1/5 New 1.55 Dalradian

New 4.15 Swilly ferry

stake £25 on each

1/5 both sel lost - £50

bank = £500

2/5 ham 3.05 Fibs and flannel stake £25

Thread Information