Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the All Weather

On the All Weather

One of three new threads I'll be starting hopefully over this weekend this one regarding Win selections on the All Weather:

6.00 Kempton - IMJIN RIVER

7.30 Kempton - BENNELONG

Two thirds so far, hopefully can doo better than that!

Southwell

1.50 - Felday
    3.25 - Dazzling Begum

Wolverhampton

5.50 - Istiqdaam
    6.20 - James Barrymore

Lingfield:

1.00 - Stark Contrast
    3.00 - Thoughtsofstardom
    3.30 - Platoche - NR

Hopefully out to find some better priced selections.

1.40 Southwell

Handsinthemist

There was a DRAW ALERT in the Weekender this week regarding Wolverhampton:

The 14 h’caps from the first week of this month at 9½f or less have been won by stalls: 24112344525321

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    The 14 h’caps from the first week of this month at 9½f or less have been won by stalls: 24112344525321
    Jeez! How many runners were in that race if the winner was drawn in stall number 24,112,344,525,321?

H'mm, 1 winner from 9 & that only 13/8f

Two more tries before I change tack on the selection process:

Wolverhampton

7.20: Stanley Goodspeed

9.20: Nanton

H'mm, I'm giving up on this temporarily, until I getta grip - results don't seem to be the same as they were for me on the AW during the flat season proper but alas, life being the perpetual wind-up that it usually is, there is a profitable system here! Back my selections next time out - three former losers have won over this weekend.

& the Draw situation at Wolverhampton seems to have corrected itself.

You seem to be giving up rather easily here. Around a dozen picks and you're already thinking of changing the selection method

You want a decent sample Godspot 100+ selections at least

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

on the all weather

[H'mm, I'm giving up on this temporarily, until I getta grip - results don't seem to be the same as they were for me on the AW during the flat season proper]

I was interested to read this because my aw results over several years were worst during the flat season proper.I wondered if it was because of trainers switching a horse about ie one run aw then back on turf then back on aw

Whatever the reason i only follow aw oct to mar inc and this year from oct 1st my results have been the worst i have ever had with so far 10 bets producing just one 11/4 winner. But i am going to crack on with them a loss of 7pts not the end of the world albeit disappointing

Good luck with your selections if you are doing things for the right reasons which i am sure you are it will come good for you

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    [H'mm, I'm giving up on this temporarily, until I getta grip - results don't seem to be the same as they were for me on the AW during the flat season proper]

I was interested to read this because my aw results over several years were worst during the flat season proper.I wondered if it was because of trainers switching a horse about ie one run aw then back on turf then back on aw

Whatever the reason i only follow aw oct to mar inc and this year from oct 1st my results have been the worst i have ever had with so far 10 bets producing just one 11/4 winner.
    Thanks for the feedback folks but even I don't know how to reply to three at once -

first off - it did say 'temporarily' Matthare! I was thinking of limiting selections to a slightly better class than what we've got today at Kempton (having said that be interested to see how Seek The Fair Land gets on 4.55 seeing how Keith has put it up as a Lay)

secondly - Street Cry, I'm pretty sure there are more than 100 selections on my spreadsheet but I'm darn sure that the SR has plummetted recently & the SP too of selections...

I wonder if 51 days of rain has anything to do with it? ? ?

No, I like what you said Mick - I think that's the nail on the head: take that recent 5 time scorer Shadows Lengthen, imagine if those runs had been interspersed between runs on soft at Ascot & firm at Newmarket, hell, we may even have gotten above evens each time he returned to the Polytrack?

Take Wunderstrike in the last today, we'll be lucky to get above evens now Dr Whitringham's out. Seems to me there are a lot of one horse races & a lot of anyone's races at present & it was easier maybe during the flat season to sift out the proven AW performers?

Another area where I have shot myself in the foot I feel is setting up that EW is for Losers thread - take Respendent Alpha 3.25, well handicapped & likely to return to form at any given minute. H'mm, not so confident to call a Win but too short to go on the EW thread, reckon he's one for next time if he's placed today but then the price will vamoosh!

Can't wait till Xmas! Three whole days off! Should give me time to work out where I'm going wrong, hey! I like that one

it did say 'temporarily' Matthare! I was thinking of limiting selections to a slightly better class than what we've got today at Kempton (having said that be interested to see how Seek The Fair Land gets on 4.55 seeing how Keith has put it up as a Lay)
    Sorry, I must take that back, sorry Kempton, or rather Seek The Fair Land - who last time had run the 'time of the meet' at Lingfield last Friday, on a card that included a winning run from a previous Crse Record breaker (Falcative) - comes out today & duly breaks the 7f Crse Record at Kempton, that's just the kind of class I been looking for & becomes a welcome addition to a little pet project I got going, it's a thread called Course Record Breakers!

But it must be Xmas as the second at least (maybe the third too, Silver Guest), Rondeau(Gr), is surely a future winner as he very nearly won that day.

Strange day, even my Joint Venture selection won

2.10 Lingfield - Sharpazmax

9/1 still available at Skybet & Victor Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    You seem to be giving up rather easily here. Around a dozen picks and you're already thinking of changing the selection method
    Check this thread I had going a few years ago out - you'll soon see why.

But it looks like this weather is here for a couple of weeks yet so I'm coming out of retirement on this one & I'll gradually adopt the methods I was using back then - may take me a couple of days to sort out so in the mean time - I've done:

Strategic Mover EW - 1.35 Lingfield for a start..

Quote Originally Posted by Street cry View Post
    You want a decent sample Godspot 100+ selections at least
    I'm going to go for it! 13-0 down but there are 90 days to the flat season proper & whatever happens I'll have a good gauge for next year. I'll be putting in more EW selections for a while as to minimise the losses & try & claw a bit back.

3.35 Kempton - Paktolos EW

Wolverhampton -

1.55 Justcallmehandsome EW

4.05 If I Were A Boy Win

5.35 Colonel Sherman(USA) EW

If I Were A Boy probably lost as many lengths as she was beaten by by staying in the stalls but Colonel Sherman didn't run too badly for a 40/1 shot, still no joy though...

2.10 Southwell - Borasco Win

2.15 Southwell - Tidal Force EW, 33/s with Ladbrokes

2.30 Lingfield - Dance The Star W

Southwell

1.20 Head To Head W

2.50 Jonnie Skull EW

Most frustrating - Head to Head won next time @ 6/1 the other day and somehow, while I can't do better than score a place on here, my selections for the AW on our Joint Venture for this month have been very profitable, bizarre!

2.10 Lingfield - Rapid City Win

Going to borrow one from the Crse Rec thread just to get the figures balanced (h'mm, bit confident, something sure to go wrong ? ? )

2.30 Lingfield Young Dottie 12/s with Ladbrokes EW

Still more profitable to follow next time I'm afraid as Dance The Star won yesterday - Hampered & saddle slipped that Young Dottie but think she could be back out over a mile at the weekend...

Ling 2.00 Divine Force Win & Trade Centre EW

Ling 4.15 Isle De Maurice Win

3.00 Kempton - Young Dottie Win

May as well just ignore this until we get more winners on the board & things start to even up but

4.50 Wolves - Welcome Approach Win

but Colonel Sherman didn't run too badly for a 40/1 shot, still no joy though...

2.10 Southwell - Borasco Win
    Still better off next time - that Colonel Sherman, 2nd yesterday, needs to come back to 10f, today though, we'll try

Isle De Maurice 1.15 Ling Win

again

After much deliberation, we'll go for it...

5.35 Wolves - Whippers Love Win

Crikey! Two winners in one day - maybe donkey season is over but not quite...

2.00 Ginger Grey Win - I do likes 'em gelded first time!

& hopefully, maybe this one a bit better than the donkey brigade?

4.10 King's Salute Win

Wolverhampton

7.20: Stanley Goodspeed
    H'mm, thought I'd seen that somewhere, won twice since we tipped him up last December, one thing I'm learning here is that I shouldn't give up on them after one disappointment, I do find it hard though...

Another profitable day & it was a bit of a toss up between the above & King's Salute & I chose the latter as thought would be a better price, typical!

Southwell

2.40 Fine And Dandie W
    3.10 Marjolly W

And if one of them should oblige at 3/1 or more, we'll go

4.40 Highland River W

Thread Information