Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Problem

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Problem

It's kinda hard to explain but I hope someone can help.

I'm one of those people that have a few pages open at any given time.

If I'm using a site that takes a few seconds to load (like the Racing Post for example), I'd often click back to some other site and leave the tab open on the first site loading in the background.

However, I'm finding lately that if I move to a different tab, the original tab that was loading just hangs.

Take a look at the screenshot. This is a youtube video that takes a few seconds to load. I clicked on it and then left the page. When I came back, it was just hanging and I need to refresh.

Basically, I need to wait on pages to load and if I leave them, the just hang.

Any ideas?

I'm using Firefox by the way.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tada gan iarracht

Try doing the same thing in IE so you know it's a Firefox problem first. If it is FF then disable all add-ons and test, if it works fine, switch them back on one at a time, and test in-between.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks Keith - I've disabled some add-ons and it may have fixed it.

Tada gan iarracht

Have you tried Split Browser? It lets you open all your tabs into panel sections of the screen so you can see them all at the same time.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain. Time to die.

No - is that on Firefox?

Tada gan iarracht

Quote Originally Posted by wb View Post
    No - is that on Firefox?
    Yes. Go to the Firefox home page, choose add-ins and search for Split Browser

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain. Time to die.

Ah, that's a handy tool -thanks!

Tada gan iarracht

Whenever I want to watch the ATR replays I have to open a session of IE because Firefox doesn't play it at all.

But today I found another FF add-in called IE Tab that allows you to open links in Firefox as an IE tab.

Now by using that with the Split browser I can watch a race, watch the Betfair markets and the forum all on one split screen.

Thread Information