Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: It's all go in the Premiership

It's all go in the Premiership

Portsmouth have been issued with a winding up order.

Bolton have sacked Gary Megson.

Everton are talking to Liverpool council about a new stadium in Kirkby after their previous partnership with Tesco fell through.

Chelsea have announced a loss of over £40m for last season.

And most shocking of all - Liverpool won a match

Bolton's move is a bit stupid, 2 wins in a row and they'd be mid-table!!

Whereas 2 wins in a row for Liverpool is bordering on a miracle

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    Portsmouth have been issued with a winding up order.
    Does that mean -10 points

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
    Does that mean -10 points
    If they go into administration, yes. At this point I don't think it does but it's a step down that road as I understand it.

It has turned into a total farce now at the club. The worst part of it is the new owners are totally silent over it. If they just came out and said what the situation was it would placate things at least. The previous regime totally mismanaged the club, that much is obvious but the fans are now losing patience at not being told what is going on.

On the club site they say they haven't been officially handed a winding up order from the HM Customs and Revenue. Then proceed to state they've already paid over 5m to them and are disputing the amount of VAT owed.

I can't believe how badly the club must have been run during Gaydamak's reign, they still owe transfer money on John Utaka who they signed three years ago for 8 million and to be fair I'd be reluctant to part with a penny for him as well . They've sold Johnson for three times what they paid for him and still owe Chelsea for him. They owe money to Watford who nearly went into administration themselves, so effectively almost helped cause another club go bust. They've sold just about every player they bought in the last two years for a massive profit and there is no money?? Diarra alone was sold for 15m profit to Real Madrid. Now maybe some of these clubs haven't paid for these players yet but I haven't seen the club say that at any stage so I don't believe that to be the case.

I heard tonight that Pompey's wage bill last season was the fourth highest in the Premier. That is an absolutely crazy situation to put themselves in. Total mismanagement. With a capacity of 20,000 and no real fanbase outside the region, how did they think tv money alone would cover all that? It appears obvious now that Redknapp saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship, knowing he'd be losing all his players. So it was a great couple of years and an Fa Cup winning memory I will never forget, but at what cost?

As for the fit and proper person test

The club is a complete shambles, the team is as poor as the one that used to struggle at the bottom of the championship during the 90's, and it's only going to get worse I think. With this customs thing, it's unlikely the transfer embargo will be lifted and with that goes any chance of staying up. Even with it lifted it is still unlikely to be enough. All I can see is the two or three decent players going like Kaboul and Boateng (although he may not be able to because of the three clubs in a year thing) and no actually there are no more! Ben Haim maybe. Oh and I forgot James to Spurs. Which I think will be a serious mistake for him for his world cup chances as Gomez is playing excellently for Spurs.

Never mind being docked 10 points as well. Although to be honest if they added 10 points on I'm not sure we'd stay up!

Take away the 10 man Liverpool win, we've beaten Burnley, Wigan and Wolves this season. That is a fairly accurate gauge of the team's ability.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Thread Information