Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sadler's Wells

Few runners in Ireland today - first two a bit short to be bothering with but and while my top rated's aren't much cop @ the Curragh, 16-20/s about a horse whose trainer has had 2 winners from 3 runners these last two weeks is not to be sneezed at - that's Tupelo Honey but I also like, Chart Master, trainer likes 'em fresh & cheek-pieces first time in an open heat - he's floating around 20/s - maybe I should nominate those two for a Lucky 15?

2:55 Clonmel 4K Scottish Reel (IRE) 4-y-o, m
    3:25 Clonmel 5K Mississippi River (IRE) 6-y-o, m
    4:55 Curragh 4K Tupelo Honey (IRE) 4-y-o, m
    5:25 Curragh 7K Chart Master (IRE) 3-y-o, m

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Few runners in Ireland today - first two a bit short to be bothering with but and while my top rated's aren't much cop @ the Curragh,
    H'mm, so much for that - 4/7 today for a decent LSP

Lanett Lady +4?
    Luisant jt but 7lbClaim CD
    O1 Coral Wave jt but less ran?
    O1 Rock And Roll Kid +4
    O1 David Livingstone +1
    Tupelo Honey +3
    O1 Harrison's Cave +3

4/1, 9/4f, 7/2, 5/s

Oh, that's handy 'arry, I can blame the site crash for me missing another Sadler's Wells winner -

2.30 Brighton

« 1 3 Vasily 20/1 3 9-3 t Robert Eddery — * * 85/p
    b c Sadler's Wells (USA) - Red Bloom (Selkirk)
    Andrea Atzeni

Led for 1f, chased leaders until led again 6f out, made rest, ridden and clear over 1f out, ridden out hands and heels and stayed on well final furlong (tchd 18-1)

No excuses bar laziness Friday - two winners, one at Cheltenham in Sizing Symphony 5/4jf & All My Heart at Haydock who I didn't realise was going to be 7/s -

Must be his time of year or something but

Either way, neither of those, or any other horse that ran Friday @ Cheltenham for that matter, were a patch on the above recent 33/1 winner, Run With The Wind, who ran a fine 2nd in the first at Punchestown on Thursday - most definitely one for the Notebook!

Got one in the last at Ludlow, Sublime Talent who the RP tip & is 7lbClear on their ratings & could be Nov Hurdle 2nd fav - we likes them!

Got one in the last at Ludlow, Sublime Talent who the RP tip & is 7lbClear on their ratings & could be Nov Hurdle 2nd fav - we likes them!
    So of course, my top rated manages a dead-heat & spoils the party, halving the 11/4 odds

Anyway, 4.20 today, Wayward Glance 8/1 is a fair ew bet on it's own but I just tweeted that Mungo Park 16/s is too big...

Interesting race though where placed last time out 3yo's have a good record - maybe we should add Mazagee & do some combined FC's?

I think if any will spoil this party, Hayzoom & Royal Trooper....

Anyway, 4.20 today, Wayward Glance 8/1 is a fair ew bet on it's own but I just tweeted that Mungo Park 16/s is too big...

Interesting race though where placed last time out 3yo's have a good record - maybe we should add Mazagee & do some combined FC's?

I think if any will spoil this party, Hayzoom & Royal Trooper....
    'Er, 5 mentioned, 0 placed! Not my finest hour!

Maybe Prospect Wells 2.10 Chep (& Mr Nicholls he does well with his 99+ days runners in October in hurdle races) can do a little better?

Maybe Prospect Wells 2.10 Chep (& Mr Nicholls he does well with his 99+ days runners in October in hurdle races) can do a little better?
    Wins 11/4 & looks a nice prospect - shame it rained at Chepstow as it'll mess up the figs....

I could be on to a loser but hell he was 10/s earlier - Sublime Talent 4.40 W-aw

Nice, lightly raced profile, runs well fresh as he is today, was quite 7/1 fancied for a Galway Festival 40k h'cap not too long back & is now 33/s, I done him EW

Interesting young chaser that Synchronised, adding a Midlands National to his CV!
    Er, & a Gold Cup no less

Er, & a Gold Cup no less
    & the daddy just keeps racking up the achievements:

Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup

SYNCHRONISED (9 g Sadler's Wells - Mayasta by Bob Back)

Bred by Noreen McManus in Ireland

The 2012 Cheltenham Gold Cup will be savoured by the McManus family for a long time to come as not only does the winner carry the colours of J P McManus but was bred by his wife Noreen.

Sadler's Wells maybe Europe's most influential Flat stallion of recent times but his influence in the winter game is strengthening all the time thanks to sons such as King's Theatre, Old Vic, Accordion, Kayf Tara and Milan. The seventh Festival winner by Sadler's Wells, Synchronised is the first Cheltenham Gold Cup winner by the greatstallion, who is also the grandsire of the runner-up The Giant Bolster, by Galileo's brother Black Sam Bellamy (another good result for Shade Oak Stud following the victory of Simonsig, by Fair Mix).
    In fact, no fewer than 11 of the week's 27 winners descended from Sadler's Wells, who becomes the first stallion to sire a winner of the Derby and Cheltenham Gold Cup.

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/new...s-cup/1001503/

& don't forget 'Oscar'

Either way, neither of those, or any other horse that ran Friday @ Cheltenham for that matter, were a patch on the above recent 33/1 winner, Run With The Wind, who ran a fine 2nd in the first at Punchestown on Thursday - most definitely one for the Notebook!
    Nice, lightly raced type for Punchestown Festival me thinks, nice little prep run:

Weds

7:25 - Family Fun Racedays at Leopardstown Handicap
    Full result
    1m6f, €6,900.00

1 Run With The Wind 7/1
    2 Sky Pilot 5/1
    3 Leah Claire 7/1
    12 ran Distances: ¾l, 3¾l, 2l
    TIME 3m 3.99s (slow by 7.99s)

Jockey: S H James
    Trainer: Michael Hourigan

H'mm, 66/1 winner yesterday @ Ludlow in Hills Of Aran - would've been amongst my top-rated's too, if I had bothered to cover that meeting, I can't do everything, something, possibly the flat, is going to have to go

Don't think we've heard the last or seen the best of Windsor's 12f winner from Monday just gone, VASILY - is 2/2 with fm in the going 2/3 at 12f & 2/5 career so far - not clocked a decent time yet but winning comfortably enough to suggest more to come:

[Has points in his dosage make-up to suggest he could step up to pattern class in due course?]

C4 (0- WW off stdy p 12dys 12gf Winds May 12 - XoM 85+me 3rd start 23dys 12gf Bri Oct 11 - ano Sadler's Wells w missed! DP = 7-1-22-8-0 (38) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.18 DC too!

Me thinks this here Prince Of Dreams who fell today when 2l's clear before the last could quite possibly be his next winner:

Wld b XoM bar fall 2l's clr WW? PB 142pos? C4 24dys 16s Warw Dec 12 - Sadler's Wells - 07Class!

Missed a winner here the other day & meant to make a note as he not done with yet in Prince Of Dreams - should be capable of going in again at some point if I recall?

Interesting young chaser that Synchronised, adding a Midlands National to his CV!
    Same comment should apply to Big Occasion being younger than above & his later exploits of a Welsh National & Gold Cup ? ?

3:50 - Betfred Midlands Grand National Chase (Handicap) (Listed Race)·

XoM acc RP PB 140+ [0.42spf 21lbClr] C1 WW 17dys trnr&sire4R 34hy Uttox 5-6-18 career Mar 13 - fr A P O'Brien - Sadler's Wells(USA) DP = 8-5-21-8-2 (44) DI = 1.15 CD = 0.20 07Class!

4m1½f, Class 1, £45,560.00

1 Big Occasion 6/1 2 Rebeccas Choice 20/1 3 One In A Milan 8/1

NR: Bradley, Monbeg Dude (IRE),Silver By Nature

11 ran Distances: 6l, 10l, 18l
    TIME 9m 29.70s (slow by 59.70s)

Jockey:
    Mr M Ennis
    Trainer: David Pipe

This 'ere Sadler's Risk seems to have a fair shout in the 2.45 Cork - made a nice start to new career?

2.45 Cork RATING ODDS

Un Beau Matin XoM 150+ (std +2.00s) fto as c J* 175dys 20gf Pun Oct14 - shld make nice stayin' chaser? DP = 0-0-4-0-0 (4) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.00 175

Sadler's Risk xom fto as c 18dys 21s Rosc May14 - DP = 6-1-27-8-0 (42) DI = 0.95 CD = 0.12 [3/4 ok Triumph?] Sadler's Wells(USA) 174

The Crafty Butcheras h XoM 140+ [0.18spf 15lb clr o card] C3 WW J* 120dys 20gs List Sep13 - flat-bred? 07Class! TDS 164

Silver Tassie XoM 144+ J* 135dys 20g Klb +21 Imp'd Sep14 - Lightly raced > well thought of by trnr bf fair debut Oct12 - 158

Allied Victory+11 Imp'd fto as c 22g Thu Oct14 - Lightly raced - 149

Perfect Gentleman24g chase ideal conds says Pat Mullins Feb14 - 146

Sadler“s Risk: Classy recruit from Britain where rated 150 over hurdles at his best; demonstrated that class on chasing debut at Roscommon in May with bold jumping display to go clear from two out over 2m5f (soft); exciting novice who looks set to go on to much better things over fences and could take the beating here.

Un Beau Matin: 138-rated hurdler made successful transition to fences at Punchestown last month despite novicey round of jumping, asserting run-in over 2m4f; needs to be more fluent against this class of opposition, major chance if doing so

The Crafty Butcher: Killarney beginners“ chase winner in May didn“t reappear until last month when never nearer third to Band Of Blood over C & D; can be expected to come on for that and not one to discount.

Allied Victory: Half-brother to Irish National winner Hear The Echo surpassed hurdles form on recent chase debut, impressing in his jumping and drawing away before the last over 2m6f at Thurles (good); smart staying novice prospect although would ideally want a bit further.

Perfect Gentleman: Lightly-raced 9yo who won his only bumper and added two hurdle wins including here in February and returned to track last month for impressive start (2m7f) over fences at Tipperary, warming to his jumping and asserting from two out over 2m7f; four-miler at Cheltenham possibly on the agenda so this drop in trip may not be in his favour.

Silver Tassie: Fair hurdler who ran away with Kilbeggan beginners“ event on chase debut in September but hasn“t really progressed in two outings since, latest when ultimately no match for Indevan at Tipperary; looks to have even more on his plate here.

This 'ere Sadler's Risk seems to have a fair shout in the 2.45 Cork - made a nice start to new career?

2.45 Cork RATING ODDS

Un Beau Matin XoM 150+ (std +2.00s) fto as c J* 175dys 20gf Pun Oct14 - shld make nice stayin' chaser? DP = 0-0-4-0-0 (4) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.00 175

Sadler's Risk xom fto as c 18dys 21s Rosc May14 - DP = 6-1-27-8-0 (42) DI = 0.95 CD = 0.12 [3/4 ok Triumph?] Sadler's Wells(USA) 174

Sadler“s Risk: Classy recruit from Britain where rated 150 over hurdles at his best; demonstrated that class on chasing debut at Roscommon in May with bold jumping display to go clear from two out over 2m5f (soft); exciting novice who looks set to go on to much better things over fences and could take the beating here.
    A year later wins Munster National only his 5th chase start - gotta be patient in this game..

Is only seven, could be great sire's last hurrah ? ?

Thread Information