Taken from today's "MAIL ON SUNDAY"

Cadbury employees have been told by the company's new American owners that their pay will be frozen for three years unless they agree to opt out of the firm's final salary pension scheme.

Kraft have told 3,500 U.K. workers that their pension arrangements are unaffordable.

After winning the battle for Cadbury, Kraft Chairman and Chief Executive, Irene Rosenfeld was awarded a £17.2 Million pay and bonus rise in recognition of her "commitment to financial discipline". She also benefited from a £3 million increase in the value of her pension.

Unions have already accused Kraft of breaking promises by shutting a Cadbury plant near Bristol and transferring production to Poland. (Would that be cheaper than bringing Polish workers over here??? :D)

Some dilemma for these poor employees, what would you do? As Business Secretary I wonder what Lady Mandy would advise. As a retired pensions advisor with 26 years experience I know that companies were closing final salary schemes to new members because the company has to guarantee a certain amount of pension on retirement, even when there is not enough money in the scheme and many would like their employees to leave but as for this kind of blackmail ? - well I think the government should put a stop to it but no doubt Brown and Mandy were aware of their intentions well in advance.

If they agreed to a pay freeze for three years but stayed in the lucrative pension scheme, what and who would stop them from being sacked after three years.??

Mandy? Global Gordon? :D:D

Reading the packaging on my Cadburys Chocolate Easter Egg a few minutes ago (no I haven't opened it yet) I see that Cadbury are working with three charities - The National Trust, The National Trust for Scotland and Make A Wish. And further down it says "Cadbury is also supporting the maintenance of the Trusts' countryside sites, helping to preserve them for future generations"

After Cadbury have closed down completely (Oh No?) will Kraft carry on the good work? My A**e.

Time for me to refuse to buy ALL Kraft products from now on.