Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Cadburys chocolate.

Cadburys chocolate.

Taken from today's "MAIL ON SUNDAY"

Cadbury employees have been told by the company's new American owners that their pay will be frozen for three years unless they agree to opt out of the firm's final salary pension scheme.

Kraft have told 3,500 U.K. workers that their pension arrangements are unaffordable.

After winning the battle for Cadbury, Kraft Chairman and Chief Executive, Irene Rosenfeld was awarded a £17.2 Million pay and bonus rise in recognition of her "commitment to financial discipline". She also benefited from a £3 million increase in the value of her pension.

Unions have already accused Kraft of breaking promises by shutting a Cadbury plant near Bristol and transferring production to Poland. (Would that be cheaper than bringing Polish workers over here??? :D)

Some dilemma for these poor employees, what would you do? As Business Secretary I wonder what Lady Mandy would advise. As a retired pensions advisor with 26 years experience I know that companies were closing final salary schemes to new members because the company has to guarantee a certain amount of pension on retirement, even when there is not enough money in the scheme and many would like their employees to leave but as for this kind of blackmail ? - well I think the government should put a stop to it but no doubt Brown and Mandy were aware of their intentions well in advance.

If they agreed to a pay freeze for three years but stayed in the lucrative pension scheme, what and who would stop them from being sacked after three years.??

Mandy? Global Gordon? :D:D

Reading the packaging on my Cadburys Chocolate Easter Egg a few minutes ago (no I haven't opened it yet) I see that Cadbury are working with three charities - The National Trust, The National Trust for Scotland and Make A Wish. And further down it says "Cadbury is also supporting the maintenance of the Trusts' countryside sites, helping to preserve them for future generations"

After Cadbury have closed down completely (Oh No?) will Kraft carry on the good work? My A**e.

Time for me to refuse to buy ALL Kraft products from now on.

cadburys chocolate

Hi tovarich,agree your above,the whole issue of pensions final salary or otherwise is starting to reek of hypocrisy,damned if you do,and just as damned if you dont.
    I wonder if this new found transparency amongst MPs will cause them to question and revise thier own pension terms in view of giving the electorate value for money ?.

What is happening at Cadburys to the loyal workforce was predictable,but for myself almost as annoying is that a once great British company with a world famous brand name that we could all feel proud of,will now become associated with the makers of plastic tasting cheese slices.

If your idea of a boycott of Kraft products will not futher effect the jobs of British Cadbury workers,then i think it it a course of action which we should all seriously consider taking.

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    Hi tovarich,agree your above,the whole issue of pensions final salary or otherwise is starting to reek of hypocrisy,damned if you do,and just as damned if you dont.
    I wonder if this new found transparency amongst MPs will cause them to question and revise thier own pension terms in view of giving the electorate value for money ?.

What is happening at Cadburys to the loyal workforce was predictable,but for myself almost as annoying is that a once great British company with a world famous brand name that we could all feel proud of,will now become associated with the makers of plastic tasting cheese slices.

If your idea of a boycott of Kraft products will not futher effect the jobs of British Cadbury workers,then i think it it a course of action which we should all seriously consider taking.
    I eat quite a bit of cadbury chocolate, but I think these days there should be more boycotts of bad companies products etc, and I would be happy to give up cadbury products if it wouldnt have an effect of jobs in the UK. A lot of these companies are run by liars and bullys

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8612745.stm

"Labour's election manifesto will include plans to restrict takeovers of British firms on public interest grounds, the BBC has learned.

The move follows the controversial takeover of confectioner Cadbury by the American food giant Kraft.

The government said it was powerless to stop the deal, but will now propose that two-thirds of shareholders will have to vote yes to some takeovers."

Better late than never I guess. :splapme

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

cadburys chocolate

When we were discussing this a few weeks ago,the fear of the loss of British jobs was mentioned,and true to form that is happening,but what i was unaware of until that TV debate last night,was the fact that some of the British banks which we bailed out provided Kraft with some of the finance to accomplish the takeover.

That does make me want to swear,and i wonder what bonuses where earned by those involved.

Its all due to the stable door mentality - since the takeover i have not bought any kraft products. beides they tend to be mostly inedible anyway

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

I only buy from China now

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Just heard on the news that Kraft are closing down the Cadbury site in Cheltenham.

Memory's not so good these days but isn't this exactly what I forecast about two weeks ago?

Where next? There is a small Cadbury's site not far from me (near Leominster). Any redundances from there would hit a small town like Leominster very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    Just heard on the news that Kraft are closing down the Cadbury site in Cheltenham.

Memory's not so good these days but isn't this exactly what I forecast about two weeks ago?

Where next? There is a small Cadbury's site not far from me (near Leominster). Any redundances from there would hit a small town like Leominster very hard.
    I blame the government tov...don't know about you! :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

The British public these days are so apathetic these days that everyone is standing by and watching this happen.

I know a mass boycott of Cadbury's products on a long term basis would probably be no good to any employee's but on a short term asis it may see them alter some of the things they have done.

What is sad is that nothing has happened.

A ringing endorsement of self centred Britain! :(

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    The British public these days are so apathetic
    I'd be apathetic if I could be bothered... but I'm more worried about finding Dairylea flavoured Wispas in the shops.. only the crumbliest flakiest cheese slices..

Being serious though, we do seem to be the worst country at defending our homegrown businesses from these sort of takeovers..

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    I blame the government tov...don't know about you! :)
    I agree, Scoobydoo. I blame the Business Minister, maybe he got more "Brownie" points from an American company than staid old Cadbury's who have been an institution in this country for about - oh a hundred years maybe? Mind you I do remember "Wally" Broon promising change.

I agree, Scoobydoo. I blame the Business Minister, maybe he got more "Brownie" points from an American company than staid old Cadbury's who have been an institution in this country for about - oh a hundred years maybe? Mind you I do remember "Wally" Broon promising change.
    Don't be too hard on the Government Tov - they've only been in power about 16 hours! (and I'm fairly certain that you helped vote them in) :wink

Is there anything owned by us now - not counting the banks

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

You blame Vince Cable???? Is that allowed in your coalition...you best have a word with 'Dave' to see if that is alright now you are bed fellows! :D

I blame Mandy, but if that fails you can always blame it on the boogie!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    You blame Vince Cable???? Is that allowed in your coalition...you best have a word with 'Dave' to see if that is alright now you are bed fellows! :D
    I wasn't going to bother replying to such a facetious comment but what the Hell! Scooby.

You know damn well "WHICH" Business Minister I was referring to and if you don't - sad!

Thread Information