Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Brown to call election for 6 May

Post Brown to call election for 6 May

Gordon Brown is set to end months of speculation by confirming the UK's general election will be held on 6 May.

More...

If the Tories get in I am leaving the country

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    If the Tories get in I am leaving the country
    Do you reckon they will win Mat, have you had a bet of any kind? The ICM poll today of 37 Tory, 33 Labour must be pretty depressing for Cameron. For me I think they will get in with a majority of between 25-40 although on those ICM figures, I guess it can't happen can it.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Do you reckon they will win Mat,
    I honestly don't know. I reckon there's a serious chance of a hung parliament though.

have you had a bet of any kind?
    Of course. I have a few bets on the turnout plus a couple of individual constituency bets but nothing on the overall winner.

The ICM poll today of 37 Tory, 33 Labour must be pretty depressing for Cameron. For me I think they will get in with a majority of between 25-40 although on those ICM figures, I guess it can't happen can it.
    I think the lead in the polls will switch several times over the next few weeks depending on who has said what recently, what mud has stuck and which polling organisation has been used. I think this election is too close to call at this stage.

Anyway, I was just being obtuse when I said I'd leave the country if the Tories won. I'm leaving the country whoever wins as me and the missus fly out on holiday that day

Anyway, I was just being obtuse when I said I'd leave the country if the Tories won. I'm leaving the country whoever wins as me and the missus fly out on holiday that day
    & there I was thinking you were doing a Paul Daniels from 1997, he didn't go away for long did he. :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I'm glad you used Paul Daniels in your example rather than Jim Davidson who also promised to leave the country at one election. It's a tricky choice but I'd rather be compared to the former than the latter.

I'm glad you used Paul Daniels in your example rather than Jim Davidson who also promised to leave the country at one election. It's a tricky choice but I'd rather be compared to the former than the latter.
    Yes it is quite a choice isn't it . One's a jumped up talentless wee numpty... and the other one's a jumped up talentless wee numpty married to an equally talentless gold digger.

My keyboard's running out of ink....

I think it's a straight choice between thieves and robbers

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

I think this election is too close to call at this stage.
    I dunno but the way G Brown stood up & said today: 'Let's go to it,' with about as much enthusiasm as a dead rat could have mustered - it doesn't augur well for Labour's chances, imho.

I'm pretty sure though, Bridgwater & West Somerset has got to be one of the safest Tory seats, again....

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Thread Information