Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Tory plans.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh dear, oh dear ,Scooby mate, I know the Daily Mail is a "right Wing" paper, in the same way the Guardian is a totally Left Wing paper, being Labour's mouthpiece. When I was 10 years old my father worked for the Daily Mail and I've been reading it for the last 62 years so I am well aware of its political views.

However, I still can't see any "BIAS" in my post so maybe you can help to show me.

Theresa May said that "for too long Labour have let benefit cheats play the system". Is this biased reporting by the Daily Mail? Seems like a statement of truth and of course we know the truth hurts. And is it "Biased" reporting when the Daily Mail tells of Tory plans to halt the benefitcheats and save the country millions of pounds. I would say it's a good idea and good news reporting by the Daily Mail. and even if Global Gordon implemented these changes it would be a good idea (But he won't) so am I being biased too? :)

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    Theresa May said that "for too long Labour have let benefit cheats play the system". Is this biased reporting by the Daily Mail? Seems like a statement of truth and of course we know the truth hurts.
    Just because it seems like truth doesn't make it so. It may be true that Theresa May said those words but are the words themselves true? Have Labour been letting people cheat the system? How does one define a benefit cheat? How does one define 'playing the system'? It can be argued that if the government have been letting this behaviour go on for any length of time at all then that is too long but it can also be argued that "too long" itself needs to be defined.

But maybe that's the academic scientist in me coming to the fore.

And is it "Biased" reporting when the Daily Mail tells of Tory plans to halt the benefitcheats and save the country millions of pounds.
    Potentially, yes. If all parties have similar plans but the newspaper focuses on only one party's plans then they are showing bias. That's not to say all parties do have this high up their priority lists of course. It's also bias if the newspaper reports on these Tory plans without actually double-checking the facts. Will the plans actually save millions or will the bureaucracy required to implement neatly offset any saving? In other words, are the paper just printing Tory propaganda? I haven't seen the articles nor the original documents from the Conservative party, I'm just saying.

I would say it's a good idea and good news reporting by the Daily Mail. and even if Global Gordon implemented these changes it would be a good idea (But he won't) so am I being biased too? :)
    By using a defamatory nickname and assuming other parties won't implement what you call a good idea, yes, you are being biased. But then you probably knew that.

Thread Information