Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Anyone Fancy a World Snooker Sweepstake Game?

Anyone Fancy a World Snooker Sweepstake Game?

If anybody is interested please register your interest here ASAP.

Cheers

I'm interested Ada :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I know nothing about snooker these days but what the hell, I'm game :)

yes please ada count me in

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

In the words of Louis Walsh, "I'm going to say.... Yes"

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I'm in!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Maybe maybe. Depends how it'll work... I will wait and see Ada. :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Just say YES John...

Count me in please Ada...:)

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Maybe maybe. Depends how it'll work... I will wait and see Ada. :)
    The clue's in the title John :)......it's just a sweepstake......you randomly pick 'x' amount of the 32 players, in the hope that one you've picked will go on to win the title. There's nothing else to it.
    It's difficult to run another type of game, say, where you consciously pick the player you want to win because the low ranking players just won't get chosen.....so it has to be random.
    Also, due to the normal low number of people who are likely to be interested will result in the possibility that one person could pick both players who end up in the same quarter final game, semi final game or even the final.
    That's the big downside of running this type of game in a knock-out tournament when there is such low participation.

So...unless substantially more people than the 7 already, register an interest, it won't be worth playing and I'll scrap the whole idea and we can forget all about it.

It's only meant as a bit of fun, probably with no prize...it all depends on how many want to have a go in the first place.

Appreciate the descriptive response Ada, and you're right in that it would have to be random, unless you somehow were to group/seed players and subsequently ask all involved to choose 1 player per group, for example. But then it gets complicated to administrate.

I think I will leave this one, if you don't mind, but thank you anyway and I wish the best of luck to those who do choose to take part.

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    ....unless you somehow were to group/seed players and subsequently ask all involved to choose 1 player per group, for example.
    As it happens, that is exactly how I have set the selection process....however, this can present it's own problems, depending on how people make their choices.

The other problem is where people are asked to choose more than 1 player (due to the low number of people taking part)......as the tournament progresses (as I've said in my post above), it is virtually impossible to prevent the possibility that someone will choose 2 players that both make it through to the quarter final stage and both end up playing each other in the same game. The same scenario could also happen in the semis or even the final.
    This would make a mockery of the whole 'game' so I can only hope that it doesn't occur.

I've therefore made an executive decision.....it is obvious that people are (understandably) not that interested, maybe due to the pitfalls highlighted above or maybe a completely different reason....

....there are also too many potential 'problems' involved, so, sorry guys, I'm pulling the plug on this one. Apologies

Thread Information