Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mick56 bettingblog

mick56 bettingblog

I enjoy reading mathares gamblog,so will attempt simular.By putting all my waffle in one place at least you no where to avoid or to go for a laugh.

For the past 20yrs i have worked in a community home for people with learning difficulties,20yrs of challenging behaviour,i loved it but it was starting to catch up with me 56 is starting to get a bit old for being beat up!.
    At the end of last year i was offered early retirement with a small pension,and as my betting had been profitable for several years i decided to except,and attempt to make up the balance of my income via betting.

Mar last year i finally took the plunge and went on line,the sole reason being to subscribe to an electronic form book.I then discovered racing forums and after trying several decided to post on this one.

I really enjoy reading other members views and experiences on betting related subjects and as this blog/thread progresses i welcome your views on any of my waffling.

You worked in a home for people with learning difficulties for 20yrs, got out of that game and then found this forum where Vegy made you feel like you'd never left work, yeah?

Nothing wrong with Vegy, his posts are an excellent insight in how not to do things :)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

It is a proven stat that the higher your intelligence then the greater the chance of madness,To me vegy is a super star,the ability to laugh at your self,is something that most could learn from.
    And i still hold the view that the veg man is a bookmaker who is stiffing the lot of you,his problem recently is that he has become so involved in the double bluff,that sometimes he forgets himself which of his bets are back or lay.Confusion to the ring! you no that.

I've met Vegy. I'm not sure he can read a book let alone make one

mick56 bettingblog

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    I've met Vegy. I'm not sure he can read a book let alone make one
    All part of the cover?.

I shall be inviting the vegman to make guest appearances on this thread posting his views on "Alternative betting".The problem is he is such a master of disinformation,that even i dont no when he is on the wind up.But at least it wont get boring.

mick56 bettingblog

Back to more serious matters for a short while.To day i have the 2nd bet running on my mick56system proofing thread,and have already identified another for tomorrow,i have mixed feelings about the project because while part of me hopes for profit,the other part which believes that there is no easy money in racing awaits the failure of above to help confirm this.

I have started it because,the nucleus of the system is an idea that i would not care to incorporate into my method bets,so for me it will be interesting to keep a R/T i reckon 100 bets will be enough to help decide if money should be risked on future selections,although if things go badly i may not make it that far.

A rotten day really liked the look of my two method bets and both lost,that makes for april todate bets 8 won 0,the only positive being that the losers are still coming out of profits accrued YTD,so starting capital still not at risk.

My 2nd system proofing bet was 3rd at bf 12/1,but i am not at present, interested in place betting.With the first bet being bt in a photo it gives some encouragement.

mick56 bettingblog

As i dont appear to be very handy at predicting winners at present,thought i would have a go at a few forum predictions for the year ahead.

What odds ?

Win2win changes user name to ONELINER

Win2win changes my user name to

Bryn complains that things are slow after his 11th consecutive winner

Mathare blows up his computer

Vegy finally confesses to being a bookmaker.

Godspot exposed as mossad double agent

Barrel Manic cracks method betting making 200% ROI and demands that his user name be Bloody Marvelous.

Mick56 makes big profits from his system,and tells everyone that method betting is for mugs.

Now the above is just for starters so if i have missed you out dont sleep easy.

Your best bet is to get this blog banned

Try using a pin for picking horses, it'll work just as well as hours of research in flat handicaps at the moment. :splapme

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

mick56 bettingblog

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Try using a pin for picking horses, it'll work just as well as hours of research in flat handicaps at the moment. :splapme
    Yes so far i have had two bets this flat a 3rd and a 4th,and there have been many hours in total spent to come up with those 2 losers!.In this game i have found that the majority of punters tend to forget about thier losers and talk about thier winners,unfortunately i tend to do the opposite.

But the positive side of trying to learn from your mistakes,can be an aid to long term profitability.

mick56 bettingblog

The nice thing about grabbing your own blog is that you cannot go off topic.

I have long had an interest in names,i am infamous for the nick names i have given friends and others over the years which stick to the point that even thier children refer to them so. It is for me interesting to speculate on the reasoning behind user names chosen for this forum.Given a bit more experiance of posting i might have chosen one a bit more exciting for myself.

When it comes to naming racehorses some owners are very good at using breeding to come up with appropriate names.But some just do my head in,OK they pay the bills so are entitled,but it does make you wonder!.

The professionals i admire most in racing tend to be the commentators,and some horse names must make thier job a night mare.

I don't know if anyone knows of the concept, but I use as the basis for my betting, Synchronicity.

Take for example, this weeks ash eruption from Iceland.

This tells me that I should be backing three horses today.

Lava Steps in the 3.35 at Thirsk
    Coudy Start in the 6.15 at Doncaster
    Puff in the 3.05 at Newbury

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    You're not backing that because of the volcano

mick56 bettingblog

I don't know if anyone knows of the concept, but I use as the basis for my betting, Synchronicity.
    Vegy you are a generous man giving all members the chance to explore your use of synchronicity, as an aid to winner finding, i bet Jung slaughtered the bookies.

I like your predictions Mick especially the one for me, but I have to say that Im not as confident. Anyway its about time I got myself into gear and did some more method bets, but its been a hard night/day at work and I don't have the energy right now.

Anyway Mick, Im sure your bets should start to turn around soon, I tend to find that all strikerates settle down to near normal levels eventually

Puff...1st @ 7/1

1 down 2 to go.

1 down 2 to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    Puff...1st @ 7/1

1 down 2 to go.

HAIL TO THE ERUPTION!!!!!!!

vegman what have you done your boss at Ladbrookes will not be pleased.All power to carl jung BALANCE AND HARMONEY.

mick56 bettingblog

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    Anyway Mick, Im sure your bets should start to turn around soon, I tend to find that all strikerates settle down to near normal levels eventually
    Hi BM you no what that stands for,my strike rates have been helter skelter since i joined this forum last Nov.If it wasn't so damned embarrassing i would sue.
    This is why i started this blog my own little forum hopefully that will do the trick.If not plan B will involve getting my mate vegy to put me on his private synchronicity system banker bets.

Latest forum news Vegyjones requesting a user name change to Vegypuff.

mick56 bettingblog

I was feeling a bit annoyed this morning because i had put a lot of work into some of todays hcaps only to reach the conclusion that there was nothing i wanted to back.
    With the two feature races being won by 18/1 and 40/1 shots,and some strange results elsewhere it would appear to have been a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    I was feeling a bit annoyed this morning because i had put a lot of work into some of todays hcaps only to reach the conclusion that there was nothing i wanted to back.
    With the two feature races being won by 18/1 and 40/1 shots,and some strange results elsewhere it would appear to have been a good decision.

I find that the big festivals are always hard going for me, many large fields of runners and some unpredictable results, having said that there always seems to be a few ''media hyped horses'' that tend to do well but whether there is value there is a different matter

mick56 bettingblog

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    ''media hyped horses'' that tend to do well but whether there is value there is a different matter
    You make an interesting point BM,i have often wondered what effect a commercial or press tipster has on the market.The only example i no is the RP pricewise selections,but i was reading on another forum recently that they show a lose at SP,and as the poster said you can seldom get any money on at recommended prices.

mick56 bettingblog

The 3rd system bet run today winning at 2.0 must have been well backed as plenty of 3/1 on offer this morning and no N/R.Wish i could pan forward six months to see what will be.

mick56 bettingblog

It has been reported that his Vegyness has been caught trying to give himself Rep for Puff 7/1,when questioned about the other two losing bets he reached up a long way tapped his nut and said DECOYS.

mick56 bettingblog

The two horses i am backing today are both ridden by claiming jockeys.This is an area that does not often get debated on forums or in the press.Under most cicumstances i am not unhappy when one i want to back is ridden by an apprentice.

One of the fashionable theory's to be banned about in the last few years is that the effects of weight should be ignored,i suspect this originated from USA where a certain Mr Bayer wrote at length on the subject,and it has been picked up on and advocated by some of the British press.

It is not a view that i agree with,IMO extra weight will prevent a horse from winning,and therefore judicious use of a claiming rider can improve a horses chance.The other positive aspect is that because many are prejudiced against them, then this can be reflected via a generous price.

Just heard that Bigcumba not posting at present because some one has nicked his hat,its nothing to do with me cowboy.

Thread Information