Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Similiar Systems?

Similiar Systems?

Hi guys

Whats the general verdict on here with systems that are similiar.

For example,

SYSTEM 1 - WON LTO, WITHIN 5 DAYS, SAME CLASS AS LTO, DIFFERENT DISTANCE TO LTO, WON BY 2+ LENGTHS. ALL RACES TYPES (FLAT AND NH).

SYSTEM 2 - WON LTO, WITHIN 5 DAYS, MALES, NH HANDICAPS ONLY.

Would you run these together or just the system which has performed the best/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackster109 View Post
    Would you run these together or just the system which has performed the best?
    It depends.

That's the answer you didn't want but probably the only sensible one I can give.

Are both systems profitable? If not then the choice is an obvious one. If they are both profitable then why is it an either/or choice? Why not follow them both if they are both making a profit?

I presume there is some other reason or information you're not giving us, I don't feel we have the full story here.

And what do you mean "run them together" exactly?

They are both showing decent profit, what I was concerned about is the fact that the main variables are same. I was wondering if people do use systems that are similiar or use ones that are more unique.

Regarding "running them together", I mean't would I use them both or just the "best one".

They are both showing decent profit, what I was concerned about is the fact that the main variables are same. I was wondering if people do use systems that are similiar or use ones that are more unique.
    If you were following tipsters you probably won't know what their selection criteria are. Would you follow their tips (assuming they are proven profitable) alongside any systems you were running? Of course you would, and this situation isn't really any different. If both systems are showing acceptable profits and ROIs over the long run then why not follow them both? So what if some of the rules are similar? Profit is profit at the end of the day so why stop following one of them just because it's a bit like the other?

SYSTEM 1 - WON LTO, WITHIN 5 DAYS, SAME CLASS AS LTO, DIFFERENT DISTANCE TO LTO, WON BY 2+ LENGTHS. ALL RACES TYPES (FLAT AND NH).

SYSTEM 2 - WON LTO, WITHIN 5 DAYS, MALES, NH HANDICAPS ONLY.
    Do not follow blindly .. .. use angels of recent form .. ..
    finishing position last two start..
    check out course winner, distance winner and/or course&distance winner..
    check out for horses speed and class ability..
    check out market.. eg. betting forecast of any newspaper..

Thread Information