Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in taking part in this year's Eurovision Game?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Yes Please

10 100.00%
  • You must be joking - No Thanks

0 0%

Thread: Ada's Eurovision Game 2010 - Anyone Interested?

Ada's Eurovision Game 2010 - Anyone Interested?

Here we go again.....it's that time of year......unfortunately.....

Saturday 29th May to be precise.........it's EUROVISION time.

After the unexpected 'success' of the Eurovision Game each year since 2006, and the 4 times winner Iron Chris seemingly unstoppable in his quest for a 5th victory, and him having entered the Win2Win Hall Of Fame of Eurovision Infamy......I am ready to host the game once again in 2010.....so...
    ......is anybody interested in having another go at predicting the Top 5 & Bottom 3 this year, for a 1st prize of a £10 Amazon Voucher.

25 countries compete in the Grand Final.

However there are currently 39 countries competing, 5 of which (Norway, France, Germany, Spain and UK) automatically qualify for the Grand Final on 29th May.
    The remaining 34 countries are split into 2 groups of 17 who will compete in 2 semi-final shows (Tuesday 25th & Thursday 27th May) which will eliminate 7 from each group, leaving the 25 finalists for Saturday's show.

If there are sufficient numbers interested....I will post a game thread during the evening of Thursday 27th May containing the 25 countries that will be competing in the final.

You will then be required to PM or Email me the countries you think will finish in the TOP 5 & BOTTOM 3 places......PLUS a tie-breaker - in which position you think the UK entry will finish.

If you fancy a go, please register in the poll and/or post here.

PS...I am assured that Iron Chris will be going all-out to secure his 5th consecutive victory in this game.

If you don't mind me submitting an entry chosen entirely at random then I will enter

Quote Originally Posted by mathare View Post
    If you don't mind me submitting an entry chosen entirely at random then I will enter
    Mat,
    Please don't feel you have an obligation to take part (or to make up the numbers).
    If this game isn't your 'thing' then I'll not be offended if you choose not to take part.
    To be honest, I'm not bothered how people come to their chosen entries, either by serious 'form' study or by picking names out of a hat.....it's each to their own.

If there aren't going to be sufficient people interested, it's quite simple, the game gets binned....it's ALWAYS difficult getting a decent number of players to take part in these games......so it'll be business as usual in that respect.

I must apologise in advance if what I've written above reads (or is interpreted) as somewhat terse, or even bordering on rude......that is/was not my intention at all :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    I must apologise in advance if what I've written above reads (or is interpreted) as somewhat terse, or even bordering on rude......that is/was not my intention at all :)
    No, not at all - I knew exactly what you meant.

Eurovision isn't my thing at all, I'll happily admit that. However, a chance to win something for nothing is. But were I to enter it would be with numbers chosen at random by Excel because I don't have the slightest clue about Eurovision. I tend to think such entries degrade the competition somewhat so always try to avoid them where possible. Then again I do like to support your competitions so try to enter where I can. So I am torn.

I think in the spirit of the competition though I ought to err on the side of not entering.

I'm in!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Bring it on...

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

I'm in but can we give Chris a handicap this year please :D

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I'll give it a go thanks Ada. :)

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

i will give it a go

I'll give it a try

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Count me in as well.

¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

Only 7 of you so far......I'm looking for at least 3 or 4 more otherwise the game will be a non-starter.

:)

Still only 8 of you so far......without another 3 or 4 more players, this game will be heading for the bin.

I'll help make the number up

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

The number of people interested has finally reached double figures.....10 to be precise.

Come on guys.......any more takers? Just ONE more player and it's game on !!

I know it takes up a lot of your time Ada, but can we not play this even if we don't reach the target, without the prize. It really does make the dull bits of the competition more bearable when the game is on !

The Vegster!

Having said that, everyone else should get their asses in gear and take part in this here game.

The Vegster!

I won't do any good as the last time I watched eurovision was when Puppet On A String won sung by sandie shaw and that was it was in black and white or was it shades of grey

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    I know it takes up a lot of your time Ada, but can we not play this even if we don't reach the target, without the prize. It really does make the dull bits of the competition more bearable when the game is on !
    Vegy,

You've got yourself a deal......I WILL run the game, and will take part myself, but due to the low numbers, we will be playing for fun, ie there will be NO prize (sorry Iron Chris :)).

Thread Information